Click Here!

Fanfic of Erotica?

Guest Opalescence

Guest Opalescence

Erotica exists and some good ones even have a good plot. Emma Holly's Stange Attractions for example. Do you think it's pointless to write an erotic fanfic about an erotic novel? Like making a piece of chocolate based on another piece of chocolate? Or does that just make it all the more delicious?

Well, some fanfic is to explore directions the original author never went. Taking people that have already stripped and ridden the high hard one together and finding new ways for them to explore their relationship, not pointless.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 years later...
9 hours ago, Durian said:

I enjoy writing fanfics of the deep everyday world of Middle Earth usung the great historical summary Tolkien wrote in the Return of the King Appendices. Take the Fall of Arthedain for example, or the Kin Strife of Gondor… so much to work with!

There is a lot to work with in those appendices, Tolkien’s material had always felt deep whenever I read it.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting question!!!  The most basic description of erotica I’ve ever heard simply referred to it as “literature or art intended to arouse sexual desire” which is short, sweet and to the point.  With that having been said, yes, any previously published work can be turned into an ‘erotic fanfic’ simply because regardless of the original content, the storyline can go in any direction the fanfic writer wants it to.

Based on that description, the limitations apply only as far as the fanfic writer is willing to go with their story.  Just like readers, we have our own specific erotic interests as well as those ‘aspects’ of it that range from just not interesting to us or so far out there we don’t even want to think about it.  But hey, whatever floats your boat, go with it!

I write within Tolkien related fandoms on different sites with Thranduil as the main character (mostly).  All of my writings are sexually explicit and cover various settings such as M/F, M/M, BDSM, Multiple Partner, Master/slave, and Dominant/submissive.  There’s also a little bit of child abuse and rape in a couple of my stories, with appropriate warnings given.  All of these interactions written in sexually charged situations.   

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.