Click Here!

Fun & Fireworks

Updates from Apollo

Updates from Apollo

Alright, so the site is always fun, but thankfully there are no fireworks on site! Things have been relatively calm other than the attempted hack attack on our site a week or so back. I hope for all of our USA fans that you have/had a wonderful 4th of July weekend with friends and family :) As I have guests myself this weekend, I'll make the updates quick and painless!

Archive Improvement Status Updates

Nothing knew to report on this end, things are still progressing and we will let you know when they start rolling out!

2012 Calendar and 10 Year Anniversary

Well, I know it seems really early to be thinking about 2012, but before you know realize it will be here and we won't have a calendar! I know last time it was such short notice that it was hard for artists to come up with stuff for us, so we'll be starting it a little earlier this time around. In August's news we will be releasing details of two upcoming art contests - One for the calendar and one for the 10th Anniversary site logo. So get out your thinking caps, pens, pencils, pixels and other instruments of amazing art and keep your eyes peeled for all the ins and outs next month!!!

AFF CafePress Store

Please take a moment to check out our store, featuring our AFF Calendar and other merchandise with the wonderful designs they provided us! If you see artwork you like but not on an item you are interested in? Send me a PM or e-mail and I will see what we can do!

Funding Status

Information to exact status is always found on the donations page. Currently, the site has $1281.90 stored in PayPal. July's hosting costs are paid and we look good for the coming months! The money we have will be going towards the various upgrades planned and while we have amassed a small surplus that will allow us to do these various upgrades, please keep us in mind if you have some spare cash! Please see the donation page for further information on how.

Tech Updates from DemonGoddess

Monthly Moderation Update

As always, we want to keep you informed of how the site moderation goes. Take a look at the wonderful work that our staff has done in keeping the site safe and open to all! Click Me!

Clean Up Update

It is ongoing, if a little slow as I am the only one doing the actual database repairs. The sort/catalog tends to be quicker as multiple people work on that. Please know that work is continuing on it.

Attempted Hack/Virus Information

As your browsers may have told you, back on June 20th someone attempted to hack our banner software which made the site read as infected to browsers and threat detection sites. I reinstalled the banner software, created new tables in the database and deleted the old data. Catching it early allowed us to stop the attack and prevent whoever it was from continuing the attack. We have also had Nexcess run a utility to repair damages to the databases as some of the tables were slightly corrupted, this includes a forum table which caused the forum failure last week. We are pleased to report that no data was lost in the attack and subsequent repairs.

For your peace of mind, please know that we have taken necessary precautions to ensure that this doesn't happen again. We are on a dedicated secure server and it was confirmed that those are in working order. It appears that a few other sites that host adult and/or slash related content also experienced attacks around the same time, so it doesn't appear that we were specifically targeted. For more information, you can visit this topic for timeline and screenshots of what happened.

Guest ReariaevawN

I noticed that too but I though Im doing wrong, I wasnt sure I click twice. Also when some pages are while loading double clik not working. But this is IE bug, not IE7Pros

I noticed that too but I though Im doing wrong, I wasnt sure I click twice. Also when some pages are while loading double clik not working. But this is IE bug, not IE7Pros

Could you clarify the above please? If you're needing tech support, I'll gladly split this off in to its own topic, and move it to the correct forum.