Click Here!

Final Fantasy XII

ZombieDuke

Right, ahem.

I love the story! I know, I know, it'll all come crumbling down around me and end up sucking at some point in time, but so far I FREAKIN' LOVE IT!

I keep feeling like I'm playing Rome except there's airships and magic and techy things! And the moogles, oh god, don't get me started on the moogles.

I love the acting. I really do. I think it might be because I've been watching too much British TV that I've gone slightly nutty, but when you toss in some British VO, and good British VO at that, you've got a done deal.

The pairings! Oh man, it's enough to get this old yaoi obessed heart of mine pounding, especially when there IS a damn cabin boi in the game. And hot evil/sexy guys with British VO work (Damn you Jason Isaac's!).

I've just crossed that insane desert and finally managed to make my way to the the old Kings tomb but something has been nagging at me the entire time I've been playing it... The game feels more like a demo for the online FF games. Kinda of a "Well, you're not playing online so here's what you're missing!" theme going on. Don't get me wrong, I like the battle system, I find it easy to use and fun when I start going insane giving out orders, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing an offline version of the game.

Guest Evil_Labs

Unfortunately, for me at this point, self-flagellation would be superior to Final Fantasy XI, and X's failures pretty much killed me on more recent FF games. However, I do still adore 1-9. They're already drifting into the background, though, in a lot of circles.

Bah, I'll stick with my FFXII regular version thanks, when a decent FF game finally emerges from the corpse I might deign to buy a collectors edition.

Anyways, I completed the game last week, (waiting for my copy of Ar Tonelico to arrive in the UK) definitely a step forward from more recent iterations, but I really don't want to be forced to sit there levelling up in order to pass the next area/mark. Too much like an MMORPG imo, but I am pleased that SE tried something new(ish) and has partially redeemed the series in my eyes - as such I will be getting the next game in the series.

Ultimately it just felt like you were a cog in a larger world, and it wasn't executed as well as it could have been, compared to other RPG's I've played of late the character development was sorely lacking, and some scenes in the game just did not flow properly at all. It makes me think it was deliberate so that things could (potentially) be better developed in FFXII-Revenant Wings.

The lack of any kind of romance, or even potential connection between characters was I have to say, disappointing - Vaan & Penelo had absolutely no appeal to me and were quite literally two kids along for the ride. Hell there weren't even any in-party traitors!

People have complained about who the last boss actually turned out to be, but I was pleasantly surprised with it, rather than an unrelated and irrelevant entity being the last boss, ala Necron (I am here to return everything to nothingness, or some other crap) from FF9.

I like the fact that Vaan and Penelo aren't getting it on in secret, or Vaan and Ash (my god I hate her character, she is too whiny and, in my opinion, doesn't see the greater picture. Only her pride and royalness *gags*) for that matter.

The leveling... I gave up after about 25 hours of gameplay and turned on Inf.fil, quick level gain and Inf.LP. Damn you homework! *shakes fist at sky*

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.