Click Here!

Hopebringer Jem's challenge to all!

sumeragichan

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/16806-dribs-drabs-doggy-tale-rules/

Following those handy rules, I challenge everyone to leave their usual writing places behind. I don't care how you manage it, but I challenge you to stretch your wings and write out of your comfort zone. To make it fair to all, something from a play, musical, opera, et cera. Original also applicable. XD I look forward to seeing what you all can do!

...I challenge everyone to leave their usual writing places behind. I don't care how you manage it, but I challenge you to stretch your wings and write out of your comfort zone. To make it fair to all, something from a play, musical, opera, et cera. Original also applicable.

When you ask us to leave our usual places, are you talking about fandom (Sailor Moon instead of HP), genre (political thriller instead of romance), content-wise (instead of slash, doing something, uh...less slashy), or spiritually (in my case, writing fluff instead of making cartoon characters act out scenes from my twisted psyche)?

Somehow, it must deal with a play (Shakespeare, Alexander Llyod Webber, Miller, et cera). As long as that and the drib/drab rules are included.... Out of your comfort zone goes as you take it. It is open because so many people have a different understanding of what they usually write and what they feel uncomfortable with. ^_^;; Some haven't written enough to have found it yet. I'm guilty of that personally. So, take it as you will. XD

Does it matter which playwright we draw from? For example, can it be a modern playwright or should it be one that the playwright had passed (after so many years, the play can be used without paying royalty fees and etc.)?

Avenue Q is open as far as I'm concerned. XD I figure any stage performance one wants will work for me. Hell, if someone can fit in a ballet like Swan Lake I'll be impressed. XD So pretty much, a stage production. Writer is irrelevant.

So theme-wise, it would be plays.

Are you looking for either original characters or ones from a fandom in as the "characters" from the play?

However you want to do it. If someone is brave enough to write out the King in Yellow, I'd go with it as well (thus the original script part of it). However, it is your call. >XD

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.