Click Here!

Plagerism Warning

Hiei

Okay I'm going to do my best to remain civil here but it isn't easy. Today while checking my email I found a letter from a fan who warned me that someone might have stolen one of my stories. Present (in the Street Fighter section here) to be exact. Now I originally posted Present on my own site and on Shojou-ai in the Capcom vs SNK section, after being stuck in Saudi Arabia for six months.... in 2002. This little thief posted my story November, 2006, immediately after I posted it here.

This set off some warning bells. So while I was at work Oishii checked out the rest of "his" stories. Both poems were stolen from RPGamer and one other story was jacked from Shojou-ai. ("Tell Me", Robert Silvers) I'm not going to do research on each and every one of the stories on FF.net under his name but I figured I'd let everyone know in case one of the people here was a victim as well.

Here's a direct link to the offending person's profile on FF.net:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1070325/

ja na

Guest Serenanna

::leaves the guy a scathing review and uses the report abuse function:: Geez, the nerve of some fanbrats. ::eyebrow twitch:: Anyone else report this to ff.net yet?

Sere

Guest Madapple

Of course the Mods of AFF can do nothing about these other sites. All we can do is encourage you to report plagues to the site admins.

However, as you all know, plagues are not tolerated on this site. All claims are thoroughly investigated and action taken according to our findings.

Hiei, whether or not they like you does not excuse member abuse. I hope this issue is resolved quickly.

I understand, I'm not trying to get AFF.net to do something to FF.net, mainly this was done because if he copy/pasted from my stories the same day they were posted here he might have done the same thing to other authors here, as the title said, it was mainly a warning.

And the fact that the site admins at FF.net play favorites is one of the main reasons I moved all my works here and will not publish even my non hentai stuff on FF.net.

Why bother? Why would anyone want to steal aother person's work? It's just retarded, seriously. It's like a person can be so inane to a point where he or she couldn't even make up a fictional story on their own without having to plagerize other people's work. Absolutely disgusting. It's a disgrace to mankind.

• 2 weeks later...

They were probably thinking (and I use the term loosely) something along the lines of "These are old stories that got good reviews, I want good reviews, I'll post their stories and call them my own!"

Still makes no sense to me. How can getting a positive review on a story you didn't write boost your ego?

How can getting a positive review on a story you didn't write boost your ego?
Easy. You go on a forum and say 'Yo, homies, chick out teh story i writed!" and they're all 'Dood, you gots mad written skills at this!'

Which basically makes this and all other writing thieves firmly in the "For the love of all that is holy I hope you get a full Darwin Award" category.

Whilst taking Information technologies 101 I had to do an essay about why someone would plagiarize another person's work. Most people said it had to do with lack of planning and organization, I proposed that it had to do with lack of confidence in one's own abilities.

Kinda jinxed myself I guess.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.