Click Here!

Beta and Brainstorming

yukihimedono

Information on fiction:

Fandom: Ruin Explorers (Anime)

Title: Ruin Explorers (not original, I know)

Pairing: Ihrie / OC / Lyle (other various pairings)

Rating: Adult+

Story Link: Ruin Explorers

Warnings: Abuse, Angst, H/C, M/F, OC, Tort, UST

My personality:

I'm laid back, easy going and am not easily offended, which I consider a plus.

My desire:

This was a work I started over ten years ago and was never finished. I really want to complete this. There is a great lack of fiction from this anime and I loved the OVA (though I was extremely unsatisfied with how it ended). Plus, my writing skills have greatly improved since then. :)

Details about how I write:

I started the revision process last month (on the May 15th) and having been steadily pumping out chapters. (I will not post what chapter I am currently working on in the forums.) I don't have a set limit to the chapters but I prefer to keep their length within a 5 to 12 page range - (my average seems to be 8). I think this helps me and it will give my beta an idea of the expected length. Something not too long is easier to "get through" than something 20 pages. :D I also like to post weekly.

Details about the story:

The story focuses on Ihrie, one of two of the main characters. She is cursed and I wanted to write about how she might have lifted her curse. I have several original characters since there was a limit to who was introduced through the anime. There are sex scenes and battle scenes that I have already written. {Examples of how I write sex scenes: Indelible (Inuyasha; Sess/Kag) & Rapturous (Ruin Explorers; Ihrie/Lyle), can also be seen as a prologue to this multi-chapter work.} I used several different generators to help me with names and such, which is why some of them look weird (I include pronunciations at the end of the chapters).

Note: It's been a long time since I have written battle scenes so I do not have anything I can offer as as example. Everything I have is over two years old.

Requirements:

I would need someone to bounce ideas off of and offer them. Suggests would always be welcomed, even if you think they are 'out of left field', conversations and ideas evolve so I am willing to discuss even the craziest of ideas though I may not use them. I guess that's where my plot bunnies come from. :) (If I end up using any ideas, I give credit. So don't worry.) Helping me keep things 'straight' - like details, maybe something I missed/forgot or something seems confusing. Constructive criticism is always welcomed. I do not shy away from that. My feelings aren't going to be hurt and I would prefer someone likewise. If I reject an idea, I am not offending the architect and I would like someone who understands this.

The warnings above pertain to what I had already planned for the storyline, which were written/flushed out chapters, and could change (which I'm willing). Please keep this in mind. I am well past that and am beginning to have some difficulties with coming up with plausible ideas. I don't want some 'out of left field' twist that won't make sense within my story (does that make sense?). I do not require prior knowledge since the world and characters were not that well flushed out.

I prefer to communicate through email so having a forum account isn't a requirement.

Though not required, I would also love advice on my writing. What you think, my details (describing and such), certain scenes (battles and sex), conversations and any other thing that you believe could be improved.

Perks:

First to read chapters, access to my notes and ideas, harassing or giving me a hard time is completely acceptable. Sometimes you just need a good kick in the ass to get going again. :)

Thank you for reading my post. :D

I'm game. I might be a bit sporadic on when I can come on at times due to family or on due to running a game. Still, I love your stories and would love to help out with them. You can see if my style is to your liking from my author link if you want. I am definitely interested however.

Thanks for the compliment, Jem. :D I'd love your help.

I'm not worried about a time schedule at the moment. I feel that I am far enough along that small delays won't hurt me so your sporadic net activity is not a problem for me. :)

I'll PM you with my private email address. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.