Click Here!

Ninja description help

SirGeneralSir

Im not sure if i am in the right fourms as i am asking for writing help.

Im working on a ninja related fic and im trying to describe some things for the character to be dressed as.

I know all the parts of clothing that i want but i need help to describe some of it, pictures are included.

for a chest pice/top im thinking of some thing simular to what Ryu from Ninja Gaiden 2 has on.

i am unsure of if this would be a correct description, but spiked/bladed wrist guards?

in short im trying to describe some one to look more like the sterieotypical ninja just a little more badass looking kind of like Ryu is, he just has a different personality and every thing and is in a different universe.

any help would be apresheated.

post-18497-0-03088600-1307153068_thumb.jpg

post-18497-0-24098600-1307153149_thumb.jpg

Im not sure if i am in the right fourms as i am asking for writing help.

Im working on a ninja related fic and im trying to describe some things for the character to be dressed as.

I know all the parts of clothing that i want but i need help to describe some of it, pictures are included.

for a chest pice/top im thinking of some thing simular to what Ryu from Ninja Gaiden 2 has on.

i am unsure of if this would be a correct description, but spiked/bladed wrist guards?

in short im trying to describe some one to look more like the sterieotypical ninja just a little more badass looking kind of like Ryu is, he just has a different personality and every thing and is in a different universe.

any help would be apresheated.

Are you looking for something like this....?

The iron guards on his forearm were adorned with a trio of curved blades.

Are you looking for something like this....?

The iron guards on his forearm were adorned with a trio of curved blades.

yes thats more what im looking for.

i dont know how to visiually describe what the outfit looks like from the perspective of some one else.

the one thats giving me the most problems is the chest pice thats in that one picture, i see it as leather ish type of armor or some thing, its ether that or rubber o.0

unless some one has a better idea of what it would be.

yes thats more what im looking for.

i dont know how to visiually describe what the outfit looks like from the perspective of some one else.

the one thats giving me the most problems is the chest pice thats in that one picture, i see it as leather ish type of armor or some thing, its ether that or rubber o.0

unless some one has a better idea of what it would be.

You're free to use this as a starting point.

The microfiber threads hugged his chest as the nano-based armor wrapped around his sides and breastplate, protecting his organs from critical damage.

http://en.wikipedia....n_fiber_science

http://en.wikipedia....s_in_ballistics

• 6 months later...

I understand, I absolutely suck at describing clothing. But the best advice I can give is, do some research. I was trying to think of a cool weapon to give one of my characters and i spent hours researching. I actually had more fun researching weapons than writing that scene! I even found other weapons to use for future characters. Research an be boring but it's also your friend. I still suck at describing clothing but if it's something that is seriously vital to my story, I use the wonderful world of the web to help!