Click Here!

Looking for a good Sephiroth/Cloud fanfic :B

Guest Radius

Guest Radius

So... I've been browsing through the FF pages for a good Sephiroth/Cloud fanfic. Unfortunately, I have yet to find it. :( Most of stories I've found so far, including the good ones with interesting plot, always include Zack in the mix, which (sorry Zack fangirls!) I never liked. No matter how much I try to focus on the Sephiroth/Cloud thing, Zack's presence (as well as any other OC/other FF character) distracts and kills it for me. :unsure:

When I *do* finally come across fanfics that involve only Sephiroth and Cloud, they're usually written in an unbelievable romantic relationship. Sephiroth acts like a loving husband coming home from work as opposed to the indifferent, mysterious, and alluring creature I've loved from the game.

Part of why I love these characters so much is because of the love-and-hate feelings they have for each other. :D I'm looking for a fanfic that captures that dynamic relationship while offering some very steamy scenes that keep it real to the characters.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm tempted to write this pair-up myself. Unfortunately, I've got so many things in my plate right now that it'll have to wait until months later. I'm hoping someone here will spare me from writing what I'm searching for by referring me to some good and steamy Sephiroth/Cloud fanfics I may have overlooked/missed. Any help/suggestions would be great!

• 1 year later...

Surprised to hear you have trouble finding stories in this category. There are so, so, so many with varying degrees of emotional investment, including dozens in which Sephiroth is possessive, abusive, manipulative, or crazed. Browse the site, I promise you'll find things.

My favorite Seph/Cloud fic is without a doubt A Long, Hard Road by Twig. It's quite long, well written (albeit a little wanting for an editor), engaging, and, as an added bonus, it's actually complete unlike so, so many of the well-written stories. You can't get it here on AFF, but google never fails to pull up the NS posting.

I'm rather fond of Blond Ambition, too, but it's probably not what you're looking for. It's utterly ridiculous in that the characters are completely rewritten and the 'verse is absolutely unlike the canon, but it's fun, funny, and interesting. You can find that one here on AFF.

Finally, there are several other time travel / flashback / do over fics that focus on a Seph/Cloud pairing, but off the top of my head, the only one that actually makes it to sexual interaction before the author went on hiatus is The Little Guy. I'm sure there are others that get into the relationship before the authors gave up on them, but I just can't think of another one at the moment.

Hope that helps... like two years later. >_>

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.