Click Here!

Undercover

niniturty

Thank you all very much for reviewing Undercover, whichever version you may have read!

Eventually we will merge the reviews, ratings and hits from the original version to the new version, so some reviews and responses may look a bit weird, but whatever. I don't care. Do you? For those of you who haven't read the old version and only read up to chapter 2 of the new one, there may be some mild spoilers in the review responses to the original. But the next few chapters should be up soon, anyway, so you'll find out soon enough. *Shrug*

ALL reviews will receive a reply and replies are given in order of the reviews. Yup.

Nini out.

Here are review responses from the original story, given by CelticThunderFan:

b - Thank you! More new chapters are coming and we hope you continue to enjoy our story.

annabellalee - Thank you! Taylor will continue to surprise you. We will try to update at least once a week maybe sooner. We hope you continue to enjoy our story and don’t forget to drop us a note once in a while to let us know you are still following it.

Psychotic Apples - Nope, never heard of that story, which one was it? Do you remember the name?

Thanks for taking the time and reviewing. We hope you continue to read along and enjoy it. As it progresses, drop us a note once in a while to let us know how you like/ or dislike it.

Lisa - We are so happy you are enjoying it and yes Matthew has underestimated Taylor!

Glad you like Taylor’s name, we do!!

Midnightsscream - We are glad you are enjoying it and promise there will be much more coming in future chapters that may shock you, LOL.

MusicMyParamour - We are so happy you think our story is going to be great and we agree. The S&M is coming so hope you enjoy it and don’t forget to drop us a note and let us know.

Sabine - We are happy you love it because we do too!!! Hope you continue to read along and drop us a note once in a while to let us know how we are doing.

lana - Thank you!!! We fixed that little problem and hope you were able to check back and read the more descriptive bit about what Matt and Taylor were wearing that we added to chapter.

Lisa - Thanks and we appreciate the advice on capitalization problem it has been fixed.

We hope you have checked back since posting this review because chapters 1-4 have been edited from the original posting.

MasqueradeAngel - Thanks!!! We are glad you like and are enjoying it. Please don’t forget to drop us a note once in a while to let us know you are still reading along.

Ruapehu82 - We promise there is explosive and hot action scenes coming between these two sexy undercover cops. We have addressed the issue about their outfits and hope you were able to check back to read the edited version. Thanks for taking the time and reviewing. We hope you enjoy reading the rest and promise there are lots of kinks coming up.

writeaddict - Thanks for continuing to read and review our story. We are so happy you are enjoying it and want to let you know we think Bitter Sweet is great too. Story has been reposted for editing and is now a collaboration. The old version will be removed after chapter 5 is uploaded to new one.

Sabine - Glad to see you are still with us and thank you for reviewing. We hope you are still enjoying and stay along for the ride.

Lisa - Hi Lisa, and thanks so much for still following along with us on this journey.

Story has been reposted and edited so we hope you have found the newest version.

We promise there will be a lot of action at the club and that you won’t be disappointed.

Althydia - We are glad you found it. Yes, Matt has made amends, to a certain extent. Matt and Cam are best friends who have been through good/bad times together. Taylor is adorable but feisty too. We hope you will are still following the story and that you have read the new edited version too.

Ms.Persephone - Thanks for your help! As you know, Nini and I are now collaborating on it and a new edited version is posted under Nini’s name.

Ms. Persephone - We love you!!!!!! Please always feel free to give us your input to story, it’s greatly appreciated. Don’t forget to read the new edited version and let us know how we are doing.

Lisa - Well, Taylor’s uncle is Matt’s boss so maybe he can get him overtime money.

We agree but think he’s enjoying it. You will find out more about the killer soon and what he is doing.

Doppelganger - You’ve got your wish and hope you are now following the new edited version of story.

writeaddict - There will be more hot action coming between these two guys. More will be revealed about Mason and Nathan so stay tuned.

Here are the review responses for the new version:

writeaddict - Yes, and a few minor details have been edited but the plot/story will remain the same. We hope you continue to enjoy it. (CTF)

lividfire - Glad you like the start, hope the rest is up to your expectations. (N)

Thank you and we hope you continue to enjoy it. (CTF)

dazedandconfused - Yay! So happy that you like our story so far, and I have a feeling that you'll love this chapter (although you've probably read the other version by now). There shall be sparks of both kinds in the future for the boys, as you'll see in the next couple of chapters. (N)

Thank you! We are so happy you like it. Taylor will certainly keep surprising Matt! Cam is funny and a very good/trustworthy friend. You will have to wait and see what happens next but be sure that more sparks will definitely fly. (CTF)

Lisa - Glad you still love it! Let us know how the new version compares to the old version, if you like. The collaboration is working well for both of us, although I'm being a bit slow getting through the chapters... More will be up soon! (N)

Guest CelticThunderFan

Hi Nini,

It's me, Katie, just thought I would see how this worked before I leave for work.

You have done a great job with this. I never could have figured it out.

I take it you have a story I need to merge?

Yes, please! We were wondering if you could merge, but not delete, the older story. We had planned to delete the story after the next two chapters had been up for a little while, but if deleting is part of the merging process, that's fine with us. I'll post the links in the 'Double Posted Stories' forum.

thank you. This way you don't lose all the data attached to the older story. For future reference, we normally DELETE double posted stuff as we find it, unless there is a very good reason why. Most common is when the db crashed several years ago and while they were restoring, they also told authors to repost. So, I have many, many, many to merge. LOL

How I work a merge is this:

First, I adjust the date of the newer story (as it's normally the one being updated) to the original upload date. Then, I transfer the reviews to the one story from the other. Finally, I add in the rates that were recieved on the other story as well. Last step is deletion.

As to the workload, I knew, roughly, what it would be when I first started planning this repair. That's not to say I've not found new things that I need to do besides related to it, that weren't apparent until I was actually IN the db. :rofl:.

To all readers, here is the part that changed in chapter 2:

“Well, if life were Casablanca – mine and Abby’s favorite romance movie, by the way – you, formerly known as Rick, and Taylor, formerly known as Louis, could walk off into the fog together a little like this:” Cam quoted the exit line in the best imitation of Bogie's voice he could manage, “Taylor, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”

I've never seen Casablanca, myself, CelticThunderFan pointed it out to me. Once she explained the characters, it totally made sense this way. This will probably mean nothing to anyone else who hasn't seen the movie, but will hopefully clear any confusion for Bogart fans.

Nini out.

Edited by Nini

Guest CelticThunderFan

Pupette: Thanks so much for taking the time and letting us know you like the plot to our story. I needed help

editing and the wonderful Nini ended up being my new co-author. We thought it would be fun to collaborate on it so now 'Undercover' has been revised and the new collaborated version is posted under 'Nini' so be sure to keep an eye out for new chapters. I will be deleting my version soon.

More review replies! I'll post more replies as we get more reviews. There will be more reviews, right? ... Right?

Nini out.

dazedandconfused - I love that you love it! Taylor's punishment is pretty exciting... for everyone except him. Heh heh heh. I laugh evilly because I know what happens XD CTF and I had lots of fun with it. Mason... Nobody likes Mason (except for maybe Nathan). Haha, I lied, he's actually quite popular (as you will see), even though he's not a likeable guy. As for sneaky guy being sneaky... you will see (eventually), but there is definitely more involving him. I don't want to give anything away! Thanks for reviewing (again), it makes CTF and I really happy! I've been sent the next chapter, I'll try to have it up soon for you!

Lisa - I totally agree with you. I think we've already said that they're not going all the way at the club and that Matt isn't really into S&M, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that. Just remember, they have to fit in at the club!

Southwind - I'm so glad that you love Undercover, CTF and I always like to know that our story is appreciated :D There will be more chapters up soon!

Edited by Nini

Hey all! Here's the slight edit to chapter 4 which I will inform everyone about when chapter 5 goes up:

Finally, the muscles at the base of Matt's neck bulged and his hips bucked as he ejaculated his load right down Taylor’s throat.

Nini out.

Edited by Nini

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! Time for more review replies C: I'll add more replies to this post as we get more reviews (and .: write more replies). Easy-peasy.

Thanks to all of you who take the time to review, it really brightens up my day. (I'm pretty sure the same applies to CTF.)

Nini out.

Review replies for chapter 5:

Lisa - Thanks Lisa, it's really great to hear that you loved the chapter, especially since you had to wait so long. I hope it lived up to your expectations and your fears for Taylor's morals are allayed. Sadly, we can't make the whole story as funny, so be warned for later!

Mason's right, Taylor is definitely a little wildcat and he can totally give as good as he gets. Matt has never had to deal with anyone like him before, so he's totally thrown.

Your reviews always make me smile, and we love that you're so consistent. Hope you enjoy the rest of our story! (N)

Hi Lisa,

We are so happy you are still with us after such a long break. Taylor really cracks us up too and Matt has met his match but just doesn't realize it yet. I think he's in for one rude awakening.

This story has a mix of everything in it and we like the fun parts too but BEWARE because there is major ANGST coming in future chapters.

Hugs to you for taking the time to review new chapter. (CTF)

Sakuya - Thanks for reviewing, Sakuya! I'm glad that you like our story so far, but why the overwhelming desire to bitch slap Taylor? :S (N)

Hi Sakuya!

We are so happy you have found our story and on the same day we finally uploaded the newest chapter (5).

Maybe we can work something into story about 'bitch slapping Taylor' but not sure and will see what we can come up with to make it work.

Please be sure to keep an eye out for new chapters and you can always check my author panel (CelticThunderFan) for update news but the forum page Nini set up is really the best place to check. (CTF)

dazedandconfused - (CTF) Hi dazedandconfused,

We are so happy that you are still following the adventures of Matt and Taylor, LOL.

Yes, we enjoyed Taylor's punishment just as much as you and Matt did so we hope that doesn't make us evil people.

Matt does play the role of dominant too well, doesn't he? We think he's enjoying it way too much and poor Taylor belongs to him already but they both haven't figured it out yet. (N - By the time we're done with them, I think that Matt will also completely belong to Taylor. He's not immune to Taylor's charms *evil laugh* In fact, I think he's really weak to them XD)

We are so glad you are still enjoying our story and that you take the time to consistently review, it makes us so very happy.

P.S. We think they are a perfect match, too and promise that you can expect more sparks to fly between these two. (N - OH, THERE WILL BE SPARKS.)

writeaddict - We enjoyed Taylor's torment, too and are happy you liked the part about him walking funny at the end. Poor guy, Taylor doesn't even know what else is in store for him, having to work with Matt.

Yes, Mason is very, very persistent, but he plays an important role in the story, so you will have to wait until later to find out whether or not either Matt or Taylor get the chance to put him in his place. We can tell you that his role is probably quite different to what you're thinking, so you can expect some major surprises there. You'll definitely want to stay tuned.

We can't give away too much about Mason and whether or not he is involved with the creepy uniform guy. We can't be giving away who the killer is, either. Even if it's glaringly obvious, our lips (fingers?) are sealed tight! Just a peep can be a spoiler for somebody else, remember!

We know, poor Nathan is treated like shit by Mason, but he will have his 'revenge'.

We enjoy writing the teasing parts of the story between Matt and Taylor, it's so much fun coming up with ways to annoy each of them. Other reviewers agree with you about Matt enjoying spanking Taylor's butt too much!

Thanks again for taking the time to review our story, and I (CelticThunderFan) really love both your stories so keep up the good work.

Hugs, CTF and Nini

Althydia - Thanks for taking the time to review! Seems like Taylor is a favourite for most readers :) We're glad you still like the chapter, but not convinced that Matt was unnecessarily cruel. As you'll find out in chapter 6 (which should be up soon), he wasn't actually using the audience to do whatever he wanted to Taylor, but I won't go into that too much. Still, we found your POV for that part very interesting. Very interesting indeed. *Strokes goatee thoughtfully* (Before you ask: No, I don't actually have a goatee. I WISH.)

CTF and I appreciate your input, but there are reasons for they way they both acted, which should be addressed in the next chapter. Matt will be more considerate in the future, so don't worry, it'll all work out. He really does have a softer side, as you should soon be seeing. Soon, like, when chapter 6 goes up. (It will appease you, I'm sure of it!)

Also, Matt isn't exactly a beginner with S&M, he's had to do a bit of it for previous lovers - as was mentioned in one of the re-written earlier chapters.(Maybe I need to work on my writing skills...?) Taylor is completely new to it, though. Matt's redemption is forthcoming!

You haven't offended us at all, we're always grateful to recieve people's opinions (and now I'm hoping I haven't offended you) and you did raise some very good points. Hopefully the upcoming resolution will give you some peace of mind.

Also, your comment about the tough exterior and softer side reminded me of something a friend once said (which was hilarious and has probably been said by a million other people), so I'll see if I can work in something amusing about that at the end of the next chapter, just for you :D

Thanks again for taking the time to review, CTF and I are glad for all opinions on our story. (N)

Madison - Can't say I really care either way about the real Taylor Swift, but I'm glad that you like our one much more! Hopefully his cuteness factor will increase by the end of the next chapter. I think it did :D

We're glad to hear that you really like our story, and a bit relieved (I am, anyway) that you found the S&M parts interesting.

We can't have the feuding detectives quit the feuding too early on (because then there's no point in putting it in the summary), but Matt does have his moments of non-ass-ness. (It's a new word. Like it? I do.) Matt is actually a pretty decent guy (he has to be if he's ever going to be worthy of Taylor), he just has issues with anger management and people that like/ tend to get on his nerves *Cough* Cam! *Cough* Taylor! *Cough cough* (Everyone, really.)

There will be relationship development in chapter 6, I can promise you that!

The killer is a seeeeeeeeeeeecret! Tell us if you still think it's Mason after chapter 6.

I also like Cam, he's a pretty cool guy. I hadn't thought about putting his wife in the story, to be honest and I'm not sure if CTF had either. That said, we really like the idea of Abby making an appearance, so she will make a cameo soon. If you like Taylor, hopefully you'll also like Abby :D

Thanks for taking the time to review, it makes us really happy. (N)

Edited by Nini

Hello, hello!

Just a tiny, insignificant edit to past chapters: For consistency, all mentions of God will be capitalised. (As opposed to some capitalised, some not.)

I.e. 'Oh my god' -> 'Oh my God'

You get the gist.

Nini out.

Hey all!

I realised that 'Dominant' was not capitalised a couple of times it was used, so here is another teeny-tiny edit for consistency: Every time 'Dominant' is used as a noun (inc. 'Dom'), it will be capitalised (as it rightly should). Every time it is being used as an adjective, it will not be capitalised.

Now we can differentiate (in a non-mathematical sense) between noun and adjective usage! Rejoice! (I don't think it's actually been used as an adjective, yet.)

Nini out.

Edited by Nini

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, one and all!

It's time for some more review replies! As you may or may not have seen on my author's page, I'll be replying to all the reviews from now on, so if there's no initial, it's from me :D Maybe CelticThunderFan will want to reply to some in the future, but I don't know about that. I think she's mostly not going to reply because she's been having some problems with the forum page and we have to email back and forwards about replies and double-checking for spoilers... stuff like that. So, it's easier for both of us this way. If you don't like it... I'll probably cry tears of pain and unlovedness ;A;

Do any of you even check this page? Or my author's page, for that matter? It would be nice to know where I should be putting progress updates and all that...

Thanks to all of you who took the time to review, it makes me really happy to see them pop up in my inbox. Like, ridiculously happy. I think it's partly due to the pain of exams. And because I'm easily excited. Like a puppy. Before I get carried away with too much more ramble, I shall divvy up the replies and return to study T__T I think all the replies are longer than the actual reviews >__> *awkward cough*

Nini out.

Review replies for chapter 6:

Althydia - Yay, first new review! We love the fact that you're so consistent, too XD

Matt and Smokey will have to get along eventually, never fear. Smokey just doesn't like him because he's new and trying to move in on his property (because Smokey totally owns Taylor). No kissing outside of the club, yet! Not for naughty boys who have work to do... And yes, they were totally going to kiss. It would have been a nice end to a date. Except they went to an S&M club and looked for creepy guys while they molested each other. A FANTASTIC date, if you ask me :D Which nobody ever will, because I ramble T__T

Matt's alright. Eventually. Actually, he has a pretty bad temper and Taylor gets on his nerves heaps bad... OK fine, maybe he's not alright. He must be, deep down. DEEEEEEEEP down. Although he was kind enough to not face-fuck the flip out of Taylor in Deliciously Decadent. That was nice of him >__> More detective-ness detecting stuff in the next chapter, huzzah! So I don't think there'll be much relationship development... But you never know. At least there will be more plot =) Hopefully the story will be picking up the pace in the next few chapters.

Nobody cares for Mason and Brett, say it all you want! Apart from Nathan. Actually, I have lots of fun laughing at them when I make them say and do douchey things. Too much fun. It would be heaps fun to release Smokey into the S&M club with the nasty (to him... and Taylor) smells and the music and the dangly bits and strange men leering at Taylor... But sadly we can't, because that's no place for a kitty =(

Yeah, Taylor's dance was FTW. And he does seem to attract a lot of guys, but it's not really that many. I know it hasn't been mentioned (it was probably going to be in chapter 7), but there's something like 300 members there most nights, so there aren't too many creepers. There'll be some that like him 'cos he's cute, some that want to train him since he's new and even people that don't like him because he's just not their type. Although we're only going to write about the ones that do like him... I'm not going to say anything else about Taylor and his safety at the club for fear of spoilers :\ (It could go either way.)

He wasn't trying to be tough in front of Matt at the end, more... sincere, I guess. (I wrote it, I should know these things >__> <__< :S) He was just being himself, a bit serious, a bit whipped by his cat, and totally sincere and honest. Although he lied to Matt with the notches on bedpost thing... Paw waving was incredibly adorable in my brain, so I'm glad to hear that other people liked it as well ^^

The chapters are probably going to vary in length, so some might be like this one, and some might be shorter like the earlier ones. It mostly depends on if we get through all the events we had planned out or not. I like long chapters, myself, but it gets annoying to edit. And sometimes off-putting to read =(

Thanks again for reviewing!

dazedandconfused - I'm really glad you found it entertaining (and liked the length - always important)! I had lots of fun writing it =D (It's the first chapter I've had to completely write, unlike the other re-writes and edits, so I was scared o__O)

It's kind of like Taylor has a control pad full of Matt's buttons, and he likes to smush it with his palm. Sometimes he makes Matt extra angry, sometimes extra horny. Mostly both at the same time XD

Yeah, Brett the Body-Building Bruce Banner is a tool, but it was fun to write his lame lines. I laughed so hard.

Smokey wins forever. He's probably one of my favourites... I can't tell you who my very favourite is, though, it's a secret. Plus, it's really wrong >__> Don't worry, he'll warm up to Matt, the poor guy. Matt is totally going to be the daddy C:

Yeah, we had to introduce everyone who might be sticking around and the rest of the suspects, so the plot should be picking up a bit, starting next chapter. Taylor and Matt have awesome detective skills, so they'll narrow the list down and catch the killer.

Mason is an arrogant dick, but I feel kind of bad for him. But not much. Maybe one day we'll reveal what Nathan sees in him. Considering anyone else as the killer? We introduced some more suspects for you all to browse through =P

Yay, you said super-duper! I hope you find all the future chapters just as enjoyable (even the sad ones).

Thanks again for reviewing so consistently, makes me (and CTF) very happy <3

Lisa - Yes, another Smokey fan! He was protecting his territory from unknown males that might want it for their onesies :P Taylor counts as part of his territory XD Moment interruptions are the best kind of interruptions... Except they're really not. At all. Their relationship outside the club can't develop too quickly, because CTF and I like drawing it out. And because they still have issues and tend to fight a lot >__> Yeah, that too. But it's fun to draw out. Means we don't have to think about it too hard, either =P Lol, Taylor is mommy because I can't really see him being a daddy unless it's AU and it's an MPreg thing with 'dad and father/ sire'. Nope. Not happening here. (Unless we decide to do a oneshot of that... O__o) Nah, he takes a more maternal role in caring for Smokey, and he is a very effeminate guy, at the end of the day. But he's happy being a guy, he doesn't secretly want to be a woman or anything (ahaha, maybe sometimes when he reads his romance novels? :P), he just likes to be pretty.

Not all of the members would have been there on the one night, so they'll have to go back a couple of times (honestly, they'll probably be glossed over) to make sure they've got anyone who might be suspicious. Taylor and Matt will work their detective magic and shrink that list of suspects! More outfits... Oh gawd, have to think of more outfits. Eh, thought of some already. I'm sure they can borrow some more...

Thanks again for reviewing so consistently, because reviews are like sunshine and candy floss, sprinkled with fairies and then shoved in my mouth. Or inbox, in this case.

Madison - Brett is certainly a suspicious fellow. I like when reviewers tell me who they think is the killer, makes it fun. Especially if they change their mind :D Not that I'm saying you will. (Ooh, my lips are sealed!)

Might take a little longer than you're hoping to nab the killer, but CTF and I can probably promise you much more plot in that regard, coming up soon =D All the suspects have either been introduced properly or mentioned, just so you know. I hope that doesn't count as a spoiler. A lot more people were mentioned last chapter, although only some of them will be recurring characters.

Bonding is good. I like bonding. Next chapter (and next day for them), they'll get to bond over detective work instead of sexy times and having to guard Taylor's chastity... Maybe. Never know when they're going to have a spat. Le sigh.

Yay for visible fireworks! I'm glad that CTF suggested having Smokey break the moment, because otherwise I probably would have just made Matt be awkward and then leave, no moment for them :S Much better this way, plus it was tons of fun to write. Smokey is the true hero. Just sayin'. >__> <__<

CTF and I love that you love our story! (And everyone else who loves it, too C:) We love it a lot and put in heaps of effort, so it's really rewarding to know that others like it as much as we do :D Honestly, your comment about the reviews was the 'Huh. I should really write those replies. Stuff exams.' factor for me, so that's why you get replies early! Yaaaaaaaaay! I'm pretty sure we're getting less reviews per chapter now that it's on my page and the story is getting further along... Is it because the readers don't like it when I upload or because they don't like my input? Is it because the updates aren't as frequent? I'm really not feeling the love, apart from those of you who review more than once <3 Reviews make CTF and I really happy, but we wish there were more =( The ratings got merged from the old version, as well as the reviews, so that's why there's so many >__> Although it does make me feel much more popular, lol.

Thanks again for reviewing, we hope you like the rest of the story just as much!

stormyluck - Yay, new reviewer! We're really glad that you like our story ^^ The draft of chapter 7 will be getting underway within the next day, so hopefully a new chapter will be up soon =D Other than that, it really depends how busy CTF and I are. I was coming up to mid-semester assessments when I started co-authoring (which weren't actually in the middle of semester) and now I'm in exams, but once things quieten down, we hope to have some more frequent updates. Please keep reading Undercover, there's much excitement in the future ^_^

Thanks again for reviewing C:

Doppleganger - Thanks for reviewing again, it's good to know that you still read (and enjoy) our story C: I have fun laughing at all the stuff that happens to Matt. So much fun. No kissing for him, Smokey knows that they exceeded the daily quota back at the club. He knows these things. Your review made me lol a bit creepily to myself, but thankfully I'm alone in my room and nobody is/ was around to go '... Stop being such a freak.' I totally have to start the new chapter... Soon... Ahaha, my friends actually want to watch X-men 3 so it'll get started in about 3 hours. We hope. Next trip to the club might not be for another couple of chapters, just BTW.

Hope you enjoy what the next chapter brings!

dazedandconfused - CelticThunderFan and I certainly hope to be able to have more frequent updates in the future (most likely one a week, but probably not on any set day), it just happened to be nearing the pointy end of semester when we started collaborating on the story, all my assessment was due and exams were coming up (which I'm now in the throes of) and she was very busy with work. If/ when we can start having more frequent updates (at this stage I honestly don't know if they'll be regular, but we can try), there will definitely be notes everywhere letting all readers know about it. The social life is pretty non-existent, exams overwhelm everything :(

This story will never be abandoned. Never ever ever. There's two of us working on it, so even if one of us were to say, 'I can't do this anymore, my wits desert me!' the other will be there to say, 'Whatevs, I'll keep writing until you get your brains back.' Also, I completely understand how you feel about stories that you read being abandoned, it makes me cry on the inside, just a little. It's horrible, so I promised myself that if I ever were to write something, I would finish the damn thing.

I would be all sad face :( if you stopped reviewing, but completely understanding. Although it might take a while if you didn't review until the end. We think the story might be around twenty chapters in total, but that's just an estimate. Honestly, I think we have more of the second half of the story planned out (once things really start happening - it's actually quite detailed) than we do for the next few part we're currently at, so hopefully the rest will fly by.

I don't know if it's just because I'm freaking out with exams or if it's because of a writer's block/ lack of proper planning/ lack of any kind of action in this chapter (that seems much easier for me to write) that's got me stuck in the proverbial mud at the moment, but you asked very nicely so I'll try to do as much as I can... right now. If not, I guess I'll just have to give up on the rest of the chapter and send it to CTF for her to finish (I was writing this one in the first place because she was really busy with work, so it's completely my fault that it's taking so long). We're really glad that you like the boys and with any luck, there should be more of them up soon.

Thank you SO MUCH for letting us (well, me, since I get sent the email) know how you feel about the lack of updates, especially since you won't be the only reader feeling this way. All kinds of feedback are appreciated, plus they help to motivate. In this case, the super-combo kick in the butt + guilt trip (imposed by myself for making you stressed) certainly woke me up to how long I've been making you all wait (about four weeks :S). On to it!

ShadowFlower76 - Sad times for lack of internet! I feel your pain :( The next chapter is mostly done, but I can't quite get some parts done... I think it's because I'm better at the action-y stuff rather than the be-serious-and-investigate stuff... I've kind of going through periods of being really awesome at writing and not being able to get anything out at all T__T I'm glad that you're patient with us (OK, I'm pretty much always the reason for lateness), but hopefully I'll be able to upload the next chapter soon. The delays shouldn't last forever! It was crunch time at uni and I got a crappy exam timetable...

Anon - Now when you say 'no one gets killed or anything bad like that'... >__> <__< We promise nothing! Yes, it's been a month, but my exam period was a month long. And I wrote most of the massive chapter 6 and uploaded it at the start of that time, so after I had to study hardcore. Please be patient, it should be up soon-ish...

grmblfjx - 'Chittery'. Takes me back to all the reports my teachers wrote for me in school... Ahaha, I cannot escape the rambling! (Thus, neither shall anyone associated with me.) It wasn't on BitterSweet, BTW. I went over to check it out because I was extremely curious, but I couldn't find it and then I sadfaced. =( Instead of wasting hours looking for this review (which I really, really want to), I shall instead have to attempt to finish the next chapter while I watch bad movies (now that exams are sort of over). Hmm... somehow... I feel like that combination can only end in tears (of hilarity or pain, take your pick). LOL, I pretty much agree with you about the Taylor comment. He'll grow a pair one day. Maybe. His girliness makes me laugh. It's probably the best part of writing (when I actually write), making the characters do stupid things so that I can laugh at them. So it makes me happy that you can laugh along with me XD The story will get more serious later on (you might still think it's silly and OTT, but I really don't care as long as you're enjoying it), although I have no faith in my ability to write seriously outside of... school? Pah. Not even then. Yeah, so... Come here often? By which I mean, I'll totes be relying on CelticThunderFan to carry the story through those chapters. She's a champ, she can do it 8D Yes, I said 'totes'. It's a fun word. Ooooooh movie time before it burns into the screen (it's paused, but I think I have the wrong kind of TV for images to get burned in, anyway), so I'd best be off to my nefarious activities of fun-ness (another good word). Poop. Just when I thought I was getting the hang of short review replies. A pox on thee! (But not really because I liked your review and I hope you review again <3)

Edited by Nini

Hello again!

I have a couple more teensy-weensy, unimportant edits that I'm only even posting because I'm obsessive about these things...

In chapter 1:

'ninth Precinct' -> 'Ninth Precinct'

In chapter 2:

'Precinct Three's' -> 'Third Precinct's'

'huge knowing grin' -> 'huge, knowing grin'.

With the precinct/ Precinct thing, it'll be 'precinct' unless it's being used as part of a name, like those above or 'Precinct Record Book'. The number is part of the name, that's why it also gets capitalised. Now I have to keep to the damn rules of consistency I keep setting. Dangit.

Re-reading some of the earlier chapters to help recall events and personas for the chapter 7 draft XD

Nini out.

Edited by Nini

Hello hello!

Another quick and teeny-weeny edit for consistency. Realised that the first time 'sir' was used, it wasn't capitalised, but all the rest were.

So, every time that somebody is addressed as 'Sir', it will be capitalised.

E.g. 'Good day, Sir.'

Every time that the uncapitalised 'sir' is used, it's meant as a noun.

E.g. 'The good sir with the umbrella.'

I'm pretty sure that most of these edits I'm making 'for consistency' are the grammatically correct ways, anyway and I should be following them in the first place instead of having to change things... My grammar fails me T__T I don't even notice them until I'm editing/ drafting and think 'Hmm, what did I do with this word all the other times?' So now I have to stick to what I've said... Eek.

Nini out.

Edited by Nini

• 3 weeks later...
grmblfjx - 'Chittery'. Takes me back to all the reports my teachers wrote for me in school... Ahaha, I cannot escape the rambling! (Thus, neither shall anyone associated with me.) It wasn't on BitterSweet, BTW. I went over to check it out because I was extremely curious, but I couldn't find it and then I sadfaced. =( Instead of wasting hours looking for this review (which I really, really want to)

No, it was on The Reeling by TTBE. I remembered later.

No, it was on The Reeling by TTBE. I remembered later.

You win. Now I shall sleep easy. Thanks for that, I was horribly curious but afflicted with laziness. (Case in point: I'm sitting on a couch less than a metre away from my sister and we're using facebook as the primary means of communication.)

• 3 months later...

Crappit, this first reply was not done within a day *shame* (Even though I could have sworn that I did... maybe I just never finished it or got distracted?)

Anon - Thanks, glad you have enjoyed our story thus far. It will indeed be continued, (vague) details concerning the unwanted and unannounced hiatus are on my author page.

dazedandconfused - I know that you weren't stalking me, but for a moment there, I thought that you might be and it made me happy :P The next chapter is about halfway done, content-wise. I haven't talked to CelticThunderFan in a long while, so I don't know if she has written anything on it and I'm reluctant to continue in case we both end up writing and coming up with different things. I'll try getting in touch with her and seeing where she's at so we can decide which of us should continue the chapter. I've said this before, but the rest of the story is already planned so it should proceed much faster than this horrible middle part, once we get to it. I think our problems might be because it isn't an action chapter, it's more dialogue and reasoning. Damn reasoning. Damn detective work. Makes life hard. Shall try to get it done soon, although that doesn't necessarily mean an update will be forthcoming. I'm plagued with guilt over the lack of story offering for you all, so I'd ideally like to get a couple of chapters ahead so that I'm not a constant disappointment with my lack of consistent updates. For a while, anyway. Somehow my plans never work :( Anyway, I'll get on it and see if I can provide some good news (via the author page) before exams hit again (which is about two weeks).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.