Click Here!

Complete / WIP

trudyw000

Hi,

I'm new here so forgive me if there is a good reason why the archive is set up the way it is but I find it very difficult to tell if a story is Complete or a WIP.

From what I can see there is no way other than checking the end of the last chapter and hoping not to ruin the whole story by reading the ending first.

There are COMPLETE and WIP tags in the warnings but from what I understand warnings can only be set when originally posting a story and cannot be changed later so this doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

Thanks for listening,

Trudy

Tags can be added or removed, it's just up the the author to actually do so but editing the story summary where they end up.

I see, thank you, it did seem odd not to be able to edit them, I was expecting to see a list as when posting a new story so that you could select new tags.

That being said a lot of people do not seem to use the Complete / WIP tags so my point about the difficulty in seeing if stories are finished or not still stands. I've read too many stories that ended up being abandoned to risk anything that I'm not sure is complete if at all possible.

Regards

Trudy

• 2 years later...
Guest Courtney

I agree with Trudy. I usually read fanfiction.net, because I am able to filter out the "in progress" fics, as I hate reading incomplete fics. I've noticed on this site, that most of the stories didn't use the Complete / WIP tags, so I really don't want to start reading a story to find out it's incomplete.

You can always use the Search feature in the archive to search for the word "Complete" in the story summary. Any stories that have been marked "Complete" should then be listed.

Unlike the content-specific tags, many of which reference trigger issues that can cause readers distress if encountered without warning, we do not require authors to tag stories as "WIP" or "Complete" nor do I anticipate those tags becoming mandatory.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.