Click Here!

Destruction Preventer - Review Answers

Windrider Shiva

Hi hi! Welcome to my review answers thread for DP:LS! I think it's about time I make one, as well... I love bonding with people, and this is a good ground for it. So feel free to drop by here! ^^ My answers might be long, and I'm more than willing to go even deeper XD.

So to all my reviewers, past and future: THANK YOU! I truly appreciate getting feedback, and this means a lot to me. So thank you very much! ^^

~

Rico Teh Emo:

I've tried hard to keep the characters IC, but with my own twists. Of course it's a video game and the characters behave a certain way, but you never really get to see what happens when they're walking. When they're climbing towers and moutains and such. What goes on before they go to sleep or wake up. What kinda conversation are they having during breaks.That kinda thing. So I'm trying to give them a more daily human aspect - with feelings that aren't always shown to us players.

Sage:

Glad to see you're able to keep up with the events! It's ridden with spoilers for the game (well it IS a novelization XD), but I've tried to write for people who've never played it as well by inserting more in-depth descriptions. Or people who haven't played the game in a while (or its DS version). That might be why they appear to be vivid... because I still have problems reading myself lol.

Hopebringer Jem:

Yeah, there are characters differences. I made Golbez forceful because I picture him as one manipulative bastard XD. There's so many scenes I wish we had seen in-game, more interactions between Kain and Golbez. Obviously Kain has some bond with Golbez bar the mind-control, and I wouldn't be surprised if Golbez hadn't forced himself upon Kain to establish his dominance over him. It's all power-play. Golbez dominating Kain to obtain what he wants, and Kain submitting to get what he wants... and live through it all.

I would imagine. Still, it is an enjoyable read. XD I like how it is flowing so far.

• 2 months later...

And more review replies!

First off, thanks for taking the time to review. It makes my day everytime, and it's very appreciated ^^.

Hopebringer Jem:

I'm happy to see the pace is okay. It hasn't been much of an issue for me, except for the later chapters where I was like... "Is it too much in a single chapter? Is it too short? Should I just cut this here..." and so on. I'm also glad to see someone liked the DK > Paladin scene. It didn't take me too long to come up with it, I had this very clear idea of HOW I wanted it - deep, meaningful, somewhat painful... and emotional. He's shedding more than his armor here, and I was very proud of that scene XD.

And Cecil never has it easy. There's always something in his way. What I totally love about him, one of the main reasons he's my favorite characters, is that he doesn't dwell too much on the stuff that goes wrong. He faces it head on, bites the bullet and moves on. I have the feeling, however, that he's doing this to prevent others for getting burdened by the events, and that it might affect him even though he refuses to show it. I'd expect him to break down at some point (but then he'd move on fast enough XD).

Selim:

Don't worry - better late than never XD;;. I had a similar experience - back when I was a kid and played it as FFII as well (yeah I feel old too now, thanks! XP), my English wasn't as good as today. That scene where Rosa goes to Cecil's room and talks to him, I always read "Take care!" as "Heartless". Thus, seeing how he was going with KAIN on that day, I kinda linked both things... Was dead sure Cecil and Kain were a couple. Didn't really think about the whole "Rydia has two daddies" thing until recently (maybe last year or 2 years ago, if even), but it makes sense to me now as well.

I'm planning on more fics and one-shots, so there will be more. I wish I'd see more myself, but it seems the fandom is more into Edge/Rydia and Cecil/Rosa. Still needs more Kain/Cecil, I agree XD.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.