Click Here!

Fiction by Aestas

Aestas

Hey, hey! It worked! Ok, so brief explanation...I tried to register and start a forum topic when my author's page was wiped, but I used the wrong email addy or somethin, so my registration was denied, but I was never notified that it was or why. That's why it took me so long, and why I wasn't sure if I was gonna have to do email responses and what not. Anywho, it worked this time. So here I am. Depending on how many people actually respond on this thread, I may start individuals topics for different fics, meh, we'll see. Review responses to come...

We do check to make sure that the person registering for the forum is the same as the person in the archive. We've had too many instances in the past where an underager comes in and links to an adult's profile. That's why if we cannot confirm the match between the two accounts, it gets deleted

Ok, so, since I'm not sure where I left off on the review responses, I'm just goin to start from this last chapter of Trinity. So here goes...

zekesbabe: the big bust is actually a little ways away, this coming mission is more of a set up than anything. It'll all be explained. I'm glad you enjoy my writing style, cuz I'm not sure how much I could change it. oops. Its coool that the scenes are realistic enough for you to feel like you're actually there. Thanks, that's a real compliment. ^^ Things have calmed a little, thanks for the philosophic support.

snowdragonct: thanks for stopping by, glad you liked it. I'll try to keep it new and twisty for you. XD

Originalceenote: Man, I've missed you. I know you've reviewed everytime, but the resounding silence on my end...torture! lol, ok, so I'm a little bit of a drama-monger, but whatev. You loved to hate Trent didn't you?! I had a blast envisioning his character. He's my more laid back and talkative version of Trowa, which makes sense since he practically hero worships the man. You'll get more of a back story on that later. promise. Duo's definately gonna match up with Trent in the future, but I haven't really planned to see Q vs Trent...it'd be interesting. But it'd be far enough in the future that I couldn't tell ya. I do outlines, and then fill in the dialogue as the characters see fit. So there are very few positivities in my writing. Meh, que sera sera, right? Yeah, and I don't know if I can actually write Zechs as anything but a sleaze, but he's such a good one! Love him as a hentai!

Djargo: Trent is definitely a love to hate character, and I'm glad you enjoyed his intro! There will definately be a little Trent v. Duo in the future. Trowa has a leg up on Trent when it comes to knowing Duo and pushing his limits, but he cares for his lover enough to leave it rather playful. Trent has no such reservations, Duo's doomed to hate him, love him, then hate him again, vascillating constantly in his opinion...Its gonna be so fun!

Angelkitty: I'm glad you liked him, because the new guy is going to play a big part in the future.

animecrazed117: The upcoming mission might get a little confusing, depends on how I decide to write it, but it'll be pretty fun. There's a lot to come, and I'll try to get the new stuff out asap.

anonn: glad you're liking it. Thanks for the review!

LunarG: Wow, I'm very flattered that the stories pulled you in enough to read through both in one sitting. High compliment, thank you for telling me. And yeah, the psych issue is a huge one for me. I can't just make a character say something or do something that doesn't fit just because I want them to. It has to make sense to me, which sometimes gets annoying when I have to write an additional scene or write in another chapter just to explain something that may be a tad off character. It gets annoying, but it makes me happier with the stuff I post. I'm glad its appreciated to others as well. Thank you. My version of Trowa is usually pretty complex because I hate that most other stories make him so shallow. His characteristic silence from the series gives you so much to play with, and its sad to me when people don't take the time to build a backstory. :(, but that's just me. And Duo is always a play on duality, that's his namesake and his history in the series. Its awesome to hear that my readers are taking away what I'm trying to get across. Yeah, I didn't like Q much at the beginning, but he'll get better, I promise. He has some issues that he'll sort out, but its during periods of trial that we see someone's true character, right? Ah, yes, I'm a big fan of Trowa dominating Duo, too, which is kinda hard to do when there's another person involved. Eh, we'll see it again sooner or later simply because I love writing it. lol, and yeah, Duo will get pulled under eventually, but not yet. Q will factor in as the strategist. Zechs and I don't really get along, so he's really just a superficial character.

About your quibbles, the homonyms: yeah, I try to proofread everything before I post, but sometimes it just doesn't happen, so yeah, there's usually some grammatical errors because I'm less anal than I should be about those things. And I'm so glad you caught why I had Duo ask for the kiss the way he did. Its one of those details that I'm afraid people just overlook as a whim. With Duo and Quatre's hook up, its wasn't as fast as it seemed in the story. Remember, Duo and Quatre have been close friends since the wars. Quatre and Duo are the gossips that sit around and talk about everything. Friends, friends that Duo confided in about his past lovers, that Quatre confided about his complete lack of experience. It was only a few lines in there, but I didn't want to bog down the story. It was that underlying trust between the two that led to Quatre wanting Duo to be his first. The one he threw away his beliefs for even tho he had wanted it to be Trowa for so long. It was that and an underlying drive to show Trowa that he could be a sexual partner for the taller man. That was the first step, then I kinda took an easy way out and used Quatre's space heart to show him what his best friend truly thought of him. The love between Duo and Quatre was there all along, you can see snippets in the way Q freaked when he realized Duo was avoiding him, the way Duo would walk through fire to see him smile. And there was more fruition when Q realized Trowa and Duo were both in on it, when Q took Trowa to task for it. Its there, but more subtle than it could have been. I hope that makes it a little easier for you, but I realized I skimmed through several things in order to progress faster. My original outline for Two Sides should have been 5 chapters, but it kept growing, and I got a little impatient in a few spots. I apologize for that. But thank you for your detailed review and critique. Thank you for taking me to task and making me justify my decisions, it makes me mature as a writer. You're amazing, thanks for your review.

We do check to make sure that the person registering for the forum is the same as the person in the archive. We've had too many instances in the past where an underager comes in and links to an adult's profile. That's why if we cannot confirm the match between the two accounts, it gets deleted

No, its totally cool and understandable, but I was sent the email to click the link and wait for approval...then nothing. I waited for about a week before I was pretty sure confirmation wasn't coming, then I wasn't sure if I should try to re-register and what naught. But's all solved now, thanks for your response.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Originalceenote

I'm so glad you made it out here, and that I actually FOUND you out here. I have a hard time using forums and not having my replies a) not get lost, or b) ending up swamped with flame posts or trolls a la "Newsarama".

I left you another review, and suffice it to say, I love that the plot is picking up. You're one of my favorite Gundam Wingers in the yaoi section, I'll say that right now. I hound that section of the site for updates, and you deliver them beautifully. Good to see you here, I bet you've been busy.

Keep it going.

-Cee

Ok, so, since I'm not sure where I left off on the review responses, I'm just goin to start from this last chapter of Trinity. So here goes...

Originalceenote: Man, I've missed you. I know you've reviewed everytime, but the resounding silence on my end...torture! lol, ok, so I'm a little bit of a drama-monger, but whatev. You loved to hate Trent didn't you?! I had a blast envisioning his character. He's my more laid back and talkative version of Trowa, which makes sense since he practically hero worships the man. You'll get more of a back story on that later. promise. Duo's definately gonna match up with Trent in the future, but I haven't really planned to see Q vs Trent...it'd be interesting. But it'd be far enough in the future that I couldn't tell ya. I do outlines, and then fill in the dialogue as the characters see fit. So there are very few positivities in my writing. Meh, que sera sera, right? Yeah, and I don't know if I can actually write Zechs as anything but a sleaze, but he's such a good one! Love him as a hentai!

• 1 month later...

Reviews for He goes Running: Yeah, I have no idea where I left off with the now blank profile, so...I'm just gonna pick up from last chapter's reviews. (Which is sadly, not many. I don't get as much love with this fic. Sad.)

cewo:Aww, I'm writing some of your favs! Thanks, I'm so flattered! I'll try to keep your interest, but right now, I'm kinda struggling to keep my own. Blah! I always thought the term "writer's block" was a cop out because I always plan what's coming next. But MAN, I just couldn't get anything written. I knew what I wanted to do with the next movements, but the dialogue/character interactions, everything just bogged me down so much. Ugh, I'll never think ill of those "blocked" again. Karma sucks! But thank you so much for your review!

Djargo: I'm so glad you didn't mind the filler chapter. And yeah, he's always in somebody else's business, its just natural that he portrays himself as a matchmaker extraordinaire! And Duo is definately trying to piece his self-confidence back together. Its just so much harder to pull that back to what it once was when its broken by inside and outside forces. Yeah, Heero betrayed him, whatever, but he allowed himself to invest in Heero whether he wanted to or not. You definately called it. He's trying to cope and be lighthearted about it all, but he still has minor freak-outs...like demanding a chaperone on their first date-ish event. LOL!

OriginalCeenote: Yeah, Heero can be pretty hard to resist. And Duo is trying so hard no to fall for traditional sap! But he's still struggling with his desire for the man and caution of not getting hurt again. You know Heero was disappointed that its not just the two of them, he can't really deny the request because he's well aware that its his own damn fault that Duo is scared to trust him. And your late night phone calls?! I'm kinda inspired to do a drunk dial conversation now! Ha, maybe Zechs should call at, like, 2 a.m. and confess his undying love. HA! Oh, fun! Sorry, Ima lil craasi sometimez!

• 2 months later...

Man, I just realized how woofully behind I was on review responses. I'm a horrible, horrible person. Blah!

Snowdragonct: I loved constructing undercover Trowa's persona, and I am super excited about showing him to you in the future! And yeah, Trowa was pissed that Duo snuck in.

Djargo: definately going for snake-like in Trowa's voice and movements. That's what he's going for too. Its one of his more dangerous personas, fitting thats what he models it after. And yeah, Duo would be uber pissed if Trowa stuck his nose into Duo's mission plans. But you have to remember that everything Duo does (in his mind at the time) is justified by his need to protect Q. I hope that's coming across as well.

Zekesbabe: I'm glad you liked Trowa's darker persona because we'll get to see a LOT more of it. This whole upcoming mission is essentially training for his crew and a refresher for Trowa.

Cee: loved that you liked the hold and push away part. That was my fav part when writing it. Touching despite how pissed you are that he backhanded Duo. Well for me anyhow. lol.

Djargo: yeah, the whole point of balancing three characters, to me, is the continual fluctuation of roles. Yeah, most of the time, Trowa's going to be the calming influence, with Duo's emphasis on laughter, and Quatre on overall affection but there's always going to be times when things change, when Trowa's going to have to mediate or Quatre's going to have to calm things down. I love that aspect of this story. Keeps me on my toes. And yeah, when 2/3 characters like to play hide and go seek with their true feelings it just mixes it up that much more. Thanks for understanding about the slow updates!

River girl: I'm glad you liked Trowa's POV. He's a calming presence for me most of the time. I enjoy writing through him, but sometimes its hard to get into his character just right, so it takes me a long time to get the details the way I want them. I'm glad you approved of his perspective. I'm always afraid of taking him out of character.

Zekesbabe: Don't worry, the angst is coming. I've just had more details I wanted to suss out before I got there. And yes, we will actually spend more time with Trowa in space than we will Q and D on earth. It will come, be patient with me.

OriginalCeenote: I love mixing up the guys roles in the group. Its what keeps a threesome from getting stale, and its more realistic in my mindset. I'm glad you liked the part in the woods. I will always go back to Trowa, he's my favorite character, and writing his mindset gives me infinite joy, though frustrating because I'm always afraid I'll "write him wrong."

Cee part deux: Thank you for being so understanding of the slow updates. And sorry your stuck. If I can help you get unstuck, let me know and I'll help in anyway I can. And I wouldn't know about the kids wanting the PC. All my children are fuzzy and most are small enough to be put back in their cage when they're misbehaving! HA. I'm glad you liked the "wood picnic" line. I thought it was incredibly corny, which also means I had to put it in. lol! And yeah, I had that little scene of Trowa's reveal to Duo planned for months, just had to figure out how to fit it in. Glad you liked it!

SensationK: Well, Quatre's kink is up. Hopefully you wont hate me for how twisted I made it. It'll be more secy next time they touch on it, but for now, its going to be more of a catharsis than anything.

Aiya: yeah, Q's kink is a little intense. Hope you're really ready for it.

Djargo: I'm glad you liked the tension in that chapter. It was hard to write, so its awesome that you approved. And yeah, I liked Duo's love, but i'll still kill you confession, too. Duo would never admit love first, not without a sledgehammer or impending death, or threatening impending death. heehee

Serenity Rayne: awesome name by the by. totally approve! Sorry about the cliffie. Hold on to your shorts...the next on is intense.

Anon: Sorry the fandom is a little slow on this site, but I'm glad you're enjoying mine ficcy. Q needs a little bit of a push, but his kink will be the hotness soon, give it time. Besides, it was hinted at way back when in Two Sides. grins.

And now for He goes Running Reviews!

Ceenote!: OMFG, I laughed so hard at your "BOING" comment. Sad but true, so many peeps are obsessed with the smut that they overlook the chances of I hateyou/I love you relationships which are just as fun and completely more satisfying to me! Its fun to let Q put T in his place a little bit. But T will get his own back, I promise.

Djargo: I really like playing up the interaction between Q and Trowa. They'll get a little more spotlight in the future. Q's so sexy when he goes all boardroom on T's ass. But I'm pretty sure the tall one will have his chances to put Q in his place, too. Really excited about it. Which is weird. I haven't been excited about a 3x4 story in so long its ridiculous, even my own. lol

Typhoonjane: I'm glad you're liking the story. And thanks for leaving words, constructive or not, its nice to know the chapter's appreciated.

Zekesbabe: Trowa def has an honery attitude when he thinks he's being cornered into something. And yeah, my character specifics for the two stories are two different to let them bleed together. It wouldn't make sense at all. Like none. Trowa and Heero would not be friends if Trowa was the "OMG, you're so hot, let's shag!" type. So, yeah, 03 is gonna be a bit hard to get, but he'll thaw eventually. And Duo is definately a little gooey in the middle, but tough as nails if he needs to be. He'll come back around. I'm glad you're liking the personalities I'm fitting the guys with. AU's are always a bit harder for me.

• 4 weeks later...

He Goes Running reviews:

Originalceenote: Yea!!! I heart eve-ill Duo as well. I had a blast writing the sexy awkwardness, and well…I often think about Duo and his balls. HA! As bad as it sounds, I like teasing him in that manner. Minor torture for a character that blossoms under such treatment. His mental dialogue, sadly enough is based off of mine and mine hubby’s manic banter often enough. Which is really funny, but kinda depressing at the same time that I haven’t matured past those conversations. HA. I guess it keeps me young and whatnot. And the switching back and forth thing is no big. It really just depends on what mood I’m in when I’m writing. If I’m manic, I write in Running, if I’m feeling a little schizophrenic and dark, its Trinity. And, truth be known, I’m also writing an original in my spare time (cough, as much as that happens). I tried to squish the personalities into the gundam characters, but it just wasn’t working. So, meh. Haven’t really done much with that one tho. I’m glad Trowa is growing on you. And you’ll get your wishes. I’m not done with Zechs yet, and 1x2 nookie already posted.

Ichigo Heart: Thank you so much for reviewing. Its always nice to hear someone enjoys my fics. And its always SUPER NEAT when I make people think about Trowa in a different manner. Its awesome that you like him more from reading my take on him. Yeah, first person Duo is pretty fun when he cooperates. He doesn’t often lay down and do what I tell him tho. Don’t worry. I feel all icky inside when I don’t finish a story. Yeah, I think jealousy is a good way to kick a stubborn character in the pants. A GW/tangled fic would be a hard one to imagine, but it would def be interesting if the plot bug bites you hard enough. Thanks for your words!

Djargo: Duo took an angst break, but manic, mischevious Duo is back…for the most part. And yeah, Tro and Q are going to fight it a bit, but you can like SMELL the chemistry between them. Grr. The club scene will be fun and perhaps a bit frustrating. Its still somewhat up in the air at this point. Writing Duo so differently is pretty much second nature to me. My AU version of him is manic and much rompiness, but my series version of him is actually pretty dark. Streetrat and all. I doubt I’ll ever write it out, though you may see a good bit of it in Trinity later.

Crayonbox: Its an amazing compliment that you couldn’t stop reading to comment. Especially since I’m not huge on the cliffhanger chapter endings. Thank you! Yeah, Noin is soooo NOT in character according to the series, but I couldn’t help myself. I despise the peacecraft woman, and she was SO not going to be a side character. Eh, it works. And I’m thinking of something much harsher for Zechs. No worries about the plotbunny. He’s officially hijacked this story, the bunny does what he wants with me…I just let him use my fingers when I have the time. Always glad to have a fangirl!! Yeah, happy dance. And yeah, Duo has some concerns for his balls as well.

Chibi: Glad you liked it! I try to make it funny, but sometimes it don’t work so well. Awesome that it worked for you this time!

Djargo partII: W00t! Cabana boy. Heheheh. I think I just like saying cabanaboy. It rolls off the tongue so nicely. And yeah, the girls took everyone to task this chapter. They were really cranky that they had been ignored for the past few chappies. Glad you liked the movie night hotness. It was really fun to write, but yeah, Duo’s still a bit vulnerable. He’s trying to act tough, but you’ll see the cracks in moments like that. And yeah T and Q are def going to have some get together/screw it up scenes. Heeheehee

OriginalCeenote partII: “Bed time!” was one of my fav lines! And yeah movie and a make-out sess was fun, totally unplanned but when it popped in my head, it couldn’t not do it. Yeah, Duo’s still vulnerable, though he’d totally deny it if you asked him, but I think its more realistic that he doesn’t just give back in. I wouldn’t be able to. And yeah, Heero’s totally on track this time, but he’s not in the clear yet, still has some making up to do before Duo’s completely ok with him. Glad you approved of the nookie. How about both?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest originalceenote

How about both, indeed? *wiggles eyebrows expectantly* I'm impressed and jealous that you're writing an original. Nanowrimo is around the corner, and I don't even have so much as a plot bunny.

Can't wait til you update again. It always makes my day to see one of your stories at the top of the Gundam slash page.

• 1 month later...
Guest tsukamei

Hi! I just found Merc.! I was wondering if/when you planned to update that story seeing as how it's been a year since the last time.

You rock and I'm making my way through everything you've posted so far. I'm impressed by your sense of character and your literary voice is infinitely engrossing. Congratulations on having such talent and developing skill!

I hope you're doing well. Thanks for posting to AFF.net.

A new fan,

Tsukamei

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.