Click Here!

Bitter Sweet

writeaddict

Thank you for all the reviews for the first chapter of my story. It was inspiring. So here are the responses.

dazedandconfused: You're right, he did give him a drug. I hope you liked the next chapter then, it answered a lot of your questions.

Lisa: Yep, because he wanted to make him happy but didn't think he'd accept help from him. Thank you.

CelticThunderFan : Thank you, that will be revealed in time. And you were right about it being a set up and about him being a virgin. I was hoping people would catch on to that. I guess the rest of your question were answered. :)

Losing-My-Beautiful-Mind : Thank you.

Will Treaty: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Well, Rhys does have his reasons, some of which were revealed in ch 2. Sterling doesn't put him on the stage, I don't really think he will in the future either. You'll see Rhys role in the future but he's a bit of a catalyst.

snowleopard: Well half of your question was answered . We'll see who Sterling is as the story progresses. And yes, he did use a condom but since it was tinted in Johnny's POV it was a bit hard to show it with Johnny on his stomach. The disagreement will also be revealed later. There you go, early update. I did write in chapter 1 once I saw this review that this will be updated every 2-4 weeks.

preciouslittlehope: Thank you. I don't think there's anything wrong with you, I enjoyed it too. We haven't really gotten to the BDSM yet but I hope to soon.

LadyHawke: Thank you, Johnny still has a ways to go.

amandagrayson: Thank you. Unfortunately Johnny won't be held prisoner. Your question is answered in ch 2. I hope to continue too, that depends on you guys.

Bella: Thank you. Betrayal happened and it split their family apart. The reason for the drug was revealed in chapter 2. No additional drugs were given to Johnny though besides the initial one.

bumblebee: Hey, first off, I wanted to say thanks for the disclaimer; I used yours with a few adjustments. Scenes are happening at the club. Clubs like that are legal, I think, but there's lots of signed waivers and I believe you have to be a member of the club so I may have twisted things a bit. More of a BDSM club, covers a bit more than just S&M. Well I guess your question was answered by this chapter.

Anon: Thank you.

Misty Moonlight: Thank you, I'd like to think I was struck by a somewhat unique idea but most of them aren't so it might have been just me. You'll understand Johnny and his past as the story goes on.

Demented_Vixen: Thanks, we'll see. That depends on you guys. Reviews are food for writers. This chapter was updated a bit early and I've started the next one so maybe you'll see chapter 3 early.

Mistress Denna: I do too, some things are just lovely. Johnny's going to fight him the entire way of course but we'll see what they arrange. Well you found out the reason with chapter 2 why he's behind it. I hope you liked it.

• 2 weeks later...

Review Responses for Chapter 2:

JtheChosen1: He won't quite kill him but he will make him suffer. Thank you.

Will Treaty: You're very welcome. Thank you. Johnny does have a bad temper but only towards the people he cares about and as you said, Sterling can handle it. Not really neat, if you guys can take the time out of your days to give reviews, which make me very happy, then the least I can do is respond back.

dazedandconfused: Thank you. They aren't 'hunters' but I'll explain more as the story progresses and Johnny's past comes up. Really? I only got to watch a few random episodes of Heroes. As I said to Will Treaty, responding is the least I can do- I love reviews.

preciouslittlehope: Then I'm happy you got a nice surprise. Said wife was actually the reason why Johnny stopped. There aren't hunters in the way that you guys are thinking, just people that had a vested interest in them. Thank you, I try.

Bella: I'm glad it was a nice surprise, I wasn't sure how you guys would take it when I introduced that aspect. Yeah, I watched the movie, I liked it and I liked the idea of the book even more so I plan to read it. Hmm, I'll likely update on Fridays or at some point during the weekend. Some times I have the chapters finished early so if I put them up that would be when to look.

snowleopard: I should set a more certain updating schedule, it's just that sometimes I finish the chapter earlier than thought. Yeah, I'll be doing that periodically, switching perspectives. They match in more ways that that though there are things where they won't agree or understand each other. Johnny was eleven when Rhys abandoned him. Your last question is explained in this chapter.

CelticThunderFan: It's fine. Yeah I noticed, I like your story- I actually have to check if you've updated since I usually only browse in the misc slash section. It's fine, I saw your name so I clicked the story but I reviewed because I liked it, if I spot anything I'll let you know. Thank you. You're exactly right in regards to Vega, I think you might have been the only one that caught that. Vega can see what your feeling, if you're lying, if you're good or bad, intentions, and the person best suited to you based on who you are so he can also tell if you'll end up breaking up with your partner. Thanks.

Anon: Is that good or bad? :)

Edited by writeaddict

Review Responses for Chapter 3:

CelticThunderFan : Yeah, it's a classic case of unstoppable object meet immovable object. You're actually kind of right as seen in this chapter but he went back for more than just Jace. I love chocolate chip cookies too though I'll eat just about anything as long as it's soft, chewy and doesn't have oats in it.

dazedandconfused: The bond isn't quite a till death breaks this bond thing. It's more that they're more connected to each other than a lot of people ever will be and they'll be able to feel what the other is thinking/feeling or if the other is in danger. When they both accept it and grow closer together then the bond will get stronger and it will sort of be like they're in each others heads. Or at least I think it will be like that. It's not that Johnny is denying it, he was telling the truth, he doesn't know what it is. Jace isn't a chameleon elemental though he is very powerful. No, Johnny didn't sign anything other than what Sterling said it was that he was signing, he read everything over too.

preciouslittlehope: You actually came closer than most people did when you said he didn't realize what the pully thingy was but it's not that he's jealous of Jace it's something else. You're right that he's in for a rude awakening, just not that it's Jace that brings it about. Thank you, and I do celebrate Easter so happy Easter to you too.

Will Treaty: I try- to keep my promises that is. Funnily enough, the meetings are completely random and unexpected on both their parts. The bond is equal on both parts... but if one uses it more than the other to tell certain things, who knows? Not so much jealous, it's something else. But you're right, Jace isn't a danger to Johnny- in fact he can be a great ally if he's on your side. Thank you.

Bella: And he does to the first part of your review but not so much the second part. The club is built specifically in mind for elementals and their somewhat destructive powers so it's very hard to destroy. And Jace and Johnny aren't interested in each other like that.

snowleopard: And you'd be right, somewhat. Not quite married but something less and more than that- it all depends on where they take it and their decisions. Thank you. So you've seen what happened in the club but the better question is: what happens after? He's very good friends with Sterling. I'm happy that you love this story.

AbnormalLust: Thank you, I'm glad that you're enjoying Bitter Sweet.

Nymph Nyx: LOL. Sometimes I can be evil, I'm pretty sure I'll end it in worse places in the future. But thankfully I update pretty often.

amandagrayson: You are right, Johnny always gets his back. Just not in this instance. I think you may have been the first one to think of it quite like that- is Jace a threat or is Johnny jealous. The answer to your question? Jace can be a threat, he can be a very big threat.

hitachiintwinlover: I loved your review, lol. It actually might have been what made me decide to update Bitter Sweet instead of Melt My Heart to Stone. Thank you. I'll see what I can do about those weekly updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Review Responses for Chapter 4:

dazedandconfused: Johnny's not your average guy. I was trying to give you guys a look at how Johnny was to everybody around him- so basically how Johnny' seems to everyone that doesn't have the sheer stubbornness to ignore his attitude like Sterling. Mischief. That's want Sterling is up to. He won't settle for anything less than what he wants.Nope, they've got pretty even odds. They actually will switch.

Bella: You're welcome. Johnny only took a bath to relax, all sexual events took place in his bedroom. I considered writing the exploration session but the chapter was already long enough. And no you don't have to sign up to ask questions on the forum, anyone that isn't a member signs in as a guest automatically.

SaiyanMother: Yeah, I guess he is. But he's doing it on his terms. Some random ass guy? What/Who do you mean? And no, Johnny definitely hasn't forgiven his brother.

CelticThunderFan: Thank you. Yeah, things won't go as easily as Sterling seems to think they will. Thank you and you're welcome(isn't odd to say both in a sentence like that?).

PuddlesIsHer77: Thank you. It might take him a little time but slowly but surely.

Aduial: Thank you. I don't have an update system but I'll hold a vote in the next chapter of BS, if a lot of people want it then I'll see what I can do. But besides that I tend to update on Fridays, so if you want to see if I've updated then is a great time to do so. Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Edited by writeaddict

• 2 weeks later...

Review Responses for Chapter 5:

JtheChosen1: Thank you. I hope for it too.

Aduial: That's right, go you! What's pretty cool? That I'm willing to make an update list? Thank you. I'm really glad you like Bitter Sweet so much. If there is an update list I'll add you.

CelticThunderFan: LOL. Hmm, I wonder if they will. Do you think they should. I'm glad it's one of your favourites. I've seen a couple of mistakes but it's not bad so I'm happy about that. Okay I'll add you if I start one, I'll need your email address though.

dazedandconfused: Really, I kind of thought he was last chapter. But they do seem to be getting along better. Johnny will likely mostly bend to Sterling in the bedroom. Well they are a bonded couple so maybe eventually it will happen. Yeah, I like the be happy part too.

snowleopard: LOL. Yeah. You're welcome, sorry for the lateness. They do have an interesting relationship don't they? Yeah, Johnny definitely wouldn't be happy being called adorable. No problem.

Lisa: Really? Every sex scene or even regular day to day scene between them won't involve the elemental aspect but some of them will because it will come into play later. Thank you, I'm not sure when the next update will happen though.

Will Treaty: I'm particularly fond of them then too. Thank you.

lady-me: Um, thanks? Is dead a good thing? :D Thank you, I do plan to.

reader1962: I'm not sure. Probably June 3rd. This would be why I proposed an update list.

Edited by writeaddict

• 4 weeks later...

Review Responses for Chapter 6:

lividfire: LOL. Fortunately mother nature seems to be a bit kinder to Johnny. Not much kinder though, just a little. There, there, if anything that's what pegging is for.

Thulytran: Thank you. They're made for each other, Sterling won't take it too badly.

Lisa: You'd be correct. Johnny's a little stubborn, fortunately- or not for Johnny- Sterling's just as stubborn. Yep, the circus is awesome so I'm glad you liked it, I was basing it off cirque du soleil since I love that circus and go whenever I can. You'd be right that just because one's bottoming it doesn't mean they're submissive. There are ways to top from the bottom. This (or at least the next chapter) will just be another aspect of the two of them.

CelticThunderFan: Hey, dear. Thank you, they're going to get to know each other even better in the next chapter. ;) And you're exactly right, he would do it for Johnny. You'll see what I mean in the next chapter. I think his reaction might surprise you, but maybe not.

dazedandconfused: Yep, and they're about to get even more interesting. Soon we're going to get to the BDSM but for now I need to lay down some foundation and get certain plot points out of the way. Thank you, the circus was one of my favourite bits to write. You'll see but don't count it out just yet. No problem, I'm happy you reviewed.

reader1962: I'm glad you enjoy the story. Unfortunately life prevents me from updating as often as you'd like. I don't think that I do too badly with updating though- most of the time I update bi-weekly if not sooner and this is the only time it's taken three weeks but I did put in the first or second chapter that sometimes it would take up to a month.

Edited by writeaddict

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Review Responses for Chapter 7:

CelticThunderFan: I'll be sure to now that I have your email address. However, someone reviewed Melt my Heart to stone and I realized they were correct- it is bad. So I've decided to rewrite it. I'm going to revamp everything and post it at a later time, I've also decided that since I'm redoing it I'm going to just focus on finishing Bitter Sweet first.

Thank you. I'm going start writing things from his perspective a bit more often, I've written 7 chapters and his POV has only come up twice- that or I'll do both in the chapters, just switch views. Yeah, I don't think much people thought he would bottom though I hinted otherwise in the review responses. I'm glad it turned out the way I intended then. Thank you, I wanted to add a bit of bite to the story, I promised BDSM and it's been pretty vanilla so far. Only problem is, if I got right to it I don't think this would have much of a plot and while that isn't a bad thing sometimes I want this story to have a bit more.

Roya: Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Yeah, the big bad top stereotype, huh? Sterling's willing to do a lot for Johnny and he stated he was okay with it before. He wants a relationship with Johnny and he knows lying about that will result in no Johnny which is what he's trying to avoid. Oh, it will- things will get very complicated, it's not about to get easy for them. They will build up more trust eventually, it'll just take them a little more time. The next chapter will be interesting and probably a little predictable, or at least I think it will. It will likely be updated next Friday.

Aduial: LOL. *Grins back*. Aw... it's okay, thank you for reviewing, reviews make my day. I love him too, poor Johnny got the short end of the stick- very little people realize that he's not as bad as he seems. What's that saying, mostly bark and not much bite? Yeah, fanfiction dot net is a little easier to handle since it sends out alerts and you can check on things but it's more censored. Does that mean you didn't get my alert email for the last chapter? Because I definitely sent one to your email. I'll have to figure out how that works with gmail, so troublesome. Yeah, I click on reviewers randomly or if I see their name and they've got stories out I'll check it out. I liked yours so I'll email you when the next update comes out and you can respond to that whenever.

miles: Thank you. I know, that does seem to have gotten lost somewhere in the story, doesn't it? Fear not, I'm still working on that but it'll take some time. And yes, he does forgive his brother but it doesn't mean that he's forgotten anything- two very different things. :) I do plan to, keep writing that is.

cbs2: Thank you. Added. :D

steph: You flatter me. I can see your email, and you'll get an alert for the next chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

Review Responses for Chapter 8:

Aduial: Well it's nice to know it got to you, I was starting to wonder if I was doing something wrong since no one seemed to get the email. Yeah, the non-breakup didn't quite stick- I know some pretty interesting people too. We'll get into Johnny soon, there's plenty of reasons he's so messed up. Yeah, I already have a 'shrink' lined up for Johnny. I look forward to seeing Rocking Daisuke then, you take care too.

Lisa: Yeah. What can I say? He's got some major issues. :) He will but Sterling will get there eventually. Thank you.

CelticThunderFan: No problem, I sent it pretty early or late didn't I? Sterling's trying and he has given him a bit of time, they'll figure things out between them slowly. Johnny would consider it a betrayal if Sterling went to his brother, it would be like the drug incident with Johnny's anger directed toward Sterling. Also Rhys doesn't know everything since he left Johnny. Sterling didn't give up he just left the decision to Johnny; there's only so far he can push so he made Johnny choose and stick to that choice. Thank you, I will make try to keep updates to Friday and everyone on the update list- which you are part of- will be alerted when I update.

Thank you, but it was pretty bad. I've done the first chapter of the newer version and I think it's a lot better, the story still has all the important parts but it's been rearranged and is a lot more coherent.

Happy 4th of July to you too but for me it's more the 1st, I live in Canada.

grmblfjx: Thank you for letting me know. I'll give it a week and look it over again or I probably won't notice it. LOL, fluffy angst. Yeah, it had to predicable- I had to get that part out of the way, if Johnny didn't choose ultimately he would have been coasting and dreadfully out of character. But now that it's over with I can get on with the story.

So you found the review response, I try to answer them within a week. Yeah, I don't mind constructive criticism- or flames really- it helps me improve my writing and I'm all for that. I'll add you to the list when you figure it out. :)

cbs: Thank you. It left me one too which I plan on satisfying today.

dazedandconfused: Thanks for your patience then. They will, they'll figure it out between them.

• 1 month later...

Review Responses for Chapter 9:

miles: Thank you. The BDSM will come. I appreciate the review.

CelticThunderFan: It wasn't that long was it? It's been a bit more than a month I think. No, I definitely plan to finish all my stories, it just might take time. :) Thank you. Yeah, BDSM- though I'm not quite sure how that one will play out, we'll see. Yeah, it will take Johnny a while to forgive Vega but he's working on it. The babysitting chapter is the next one, it's got a bit of humor but just doesn't want to be written. I've actually got the chapter after it done but 10 is taking longer. Thank you. Aside from glaring grammatical errors, I don't think it's too bad myself- and I'm working on the grammar. MMHTS is still being re-written, I've got 2 chapters finished but it still has a long way to go.

dazedandconfused: Not quite back but I am posting again, or at least for the little bit. It's nice to know the story was missed. Thank you, I really enjoyed writing chapter 9, it went by really quickly- I wrote it one or two days before I posted. Johnny and Michael will become good friends but you'll meet the people Johnny's really close to in chapter 13. Unfortunately I'm not back to a regular updating schedule again. The good news is that I'm currently writing chapter 12- chapter 10 isn't done yet but it'll sort itself out- and that 11 is finished. So once 10 is done you guys will see a bit more of this story till I run out of chapters.

• 2 months later...

Review Responses for Chapter 10:

dazedandconfused: I feel very missed. You guys might not have seen this chapter so soon if I hadn't seen your last review. Writing is a depressing trade. I'm glad to know I made your Sunday, you made mine too. I was aiming for Friday but alas, things often don't work out. I know, I feel appropriately shamed, it has been a long time and I'll try not have it be that long in the future. I'm not quite back, but the next two chapters are done and so is half of 13, I'll update until I run out of chapters. Yeah, Johnny sort of pulled the energy from Sterling since he couldn't provide it for himself. And kids are definitely a handful, Aubrey and her brother may be making another appearance in the future. You will love the next chapter, it's awesome- and so is the one after it- or at least I think so. :D This story doesn't have any art but if you or anyone wants to make some feel free to and I'll post it.

Roya: It has been a while. Luckily the next couple of chapters are done and I'll update until I run out so it shouldn't be so long next time, hopefully. It was nice to read your review and you're welcome for the update.

CelticThunderFan: Sorta...

I haven't seen your story in a while either. Yeah, it is a shame but...(shh, this is a secret) Sterling will be recreating some of those scenes with Johnny in the near future. So while he still likely won't remember it all, they'll recreate new memories. Aubrey has a brother that you guys will probably meet soon. I hadn't actually thought about them adopting together, we'll see. Thank you. It's nice to kind of be back.

Anon: Thank you. Look forward to the next chapter. I think it's pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Review Responses for Chapter 11:

CelticThunderFan: I'm flattered that it was drool worthy.

Thanks, the sex was originally shorter, way shorter, but when I was looking it over my fingers had a mind of their own and just kept adding onto it. Until I was happy and Johnny was spent.

Sterling won't be sharing Johnny ever but there might be a future scene where everyone sees them loving each other simply because they love each other and maybe to prove a point.

Michael and Johnny will be getting close in the future. You're also going to meet Jace's sub in the next chapter probably and all of them will be close.

I'm happy that you enjoyed.

miles: Thank you. And Johnny is a bit mysterious isn't he? Eventually his past will be revealed and you'll see why he reacts and thinks like he does.

dazedandconfused: Thank you. Yes Johnny did slip a bit this chapter.

So you spotted that, hmm? You'll see a bit of what happened on Johnny's trip in the next chapter.

And yes, those jerks will be back.

Well, I did say I would update, didn't I? I don't think I've broken a promise thus far and the chapter along with the next couple are done. When I run out I'll simply take another break to write more if I can't get them done between updates.

Jthe Chosen1: LOL. That does happen in the future. Thank you.

Madison: Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying Bitter Sweet and that Johnny and Sterling are one of you're favourite couples, they're one of mine too.

Aduial: I missed you for the last couple of chapters. I thought you had forgotten about BS. Thank you, I appreciate the review.Good luck with the moving.

Lysian: Thanks for giving Bitter Sweet a shot. And I'm glad to know that you find it good enough to stalk. :) Thanks for the review.

Edited by writeaddict

• 1 month later...
Guest dazedandcpnfused

I just wanted to drop by and wish you a Merry Christmas! (If you celebrate it, that is, I do anyway.) I thought you would have updated a few chapters by now like you mentioned in your reply above. I really miss this story and hope you are ok. See you around, hopefully, sometime soon. I am hitting the sack so "Goodnight".

Guest dazedandconfused

Oh my gosh! I am so tired I can't even type. This is dazedandconfused not dazedandcpnfused, LOL. Me tired! Busy day babysitting my four year old niece she kept me running all day!

I just wanted to drop by and wish you a Merry Christmas! (If you celebrate it, that is, I do anyway.) I thought you would have updated a few chapters by now like you mentioned in your reply above. I really miss this story and hope you are ok. See you around, hopefully, sometime soon. I am hitting the sack so "Goodnight".

That's odd. I could have sworn that I responded to this already but I don't see the post.

So yeah, the gist of what I wrote was that I was sorry that I didn't reply to this before and that I'd only seen your post today because things have been hectically busy for me. Thanks for posting on here though, I've been trying to encourage people to but I don't seem to be having any luck. I also wrote that I was about to update Bitter Sweet but you've already seen that. Thanks for the review.

Review Responses for Chapter 12:

dazedandconfused: I think you mean more updates rather than updates and new stories because that would actually mean less time spent on BS since I'd have to update other things. :P

And, ouch. I think I can say I've established an update pattern, even if it is every two months. And usually there are updates that come bi-weekly before my 'breaks'. What can I say, life keeps me busy. :)

I'm going to try and update every three weeks but we'll see. And you'll find out next chapter a partial story of the bruises.

jensen: I'm actually planning on doing a side story that explains Johnny's past and his friends, the ones he mentioned at the end of chapter 12 that you'll be meeting next chapter. So I think your request is doable and will likely happen but it might take some time. Thanks for reviewing. :)

Roya: Glad you liked it ^_^. I'll try not to leave the next update for so long. Thanks for reviewing.

Aduial: They sort of will work it out but conflict is the food of relationships. Don't worry you didn't miss any chapters, it seems like it's been a while for both of us. I hope everything goes smoothly with the moving, I know how much of a hassle it can be.

CelticThunderFan: You too. I'm happy I made you happy. Yeah, as I said to jensen, I'm thinking about making a side story about Johnny's past, his friends, and what they do.

Did you not receive the update email? I don't plan to take you off the updating list unless you request it. If you didn't get the email just let me know and I'll look into or figure out some other way to send it to you.

attackegg: I'm really happy you liked it. :D I tried to work in all your suggestions.

Writer11377: I'm glad you like it so much. Thank you, I do try with my characters. It seems everybody wants to know what Johnny does for a living, perhaps I ought to start on that side story sooner than later. :) Thanks for the review.

Prostock69: I'm very happy you consider BS 'freaking awesome'. And you're pretty close to what he does for a living but not quite.

And yes, Sterling should know how Johnny feels about him, shame on him. But he'll try and make it up to him. Wow, it's nice to know that our golden couple elicits such strong emotional reactions. Thanks for reviewing.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.