Click Here!

How does one write a good summary?

redsliver

Has anyone else noticed that the readers enjoy a bit of mystery with a dash of ambiguity thrown into a good summary?
Really?

I get hate mail.

Well, my particular kink is off the wall, anyway, so while readers may respond to ambiguity, and click on the story, they don't seem to particularly like being surprised. Not with a Tom Thumb or Thumbelina fetish when they're simply looking for straight, predictable man-on-man vampiric amputee domination slash fiction with tentacles and no plot.

I've been debating throwing in on this because I'm not very confident when it comes to summaries. Overall, I like it, Red, the only thing that bugs me is the tally of who's after Cielle, '...three men and four women...' just sounds to...I don't know, exact maybe, if that makes any sense at all?

I think that's what bothers me most about it too.

Guest .:Deathbringer:.

I like cliffhangers. I like reading a summary that just pulls me in yet leaves me wanting more. It should be mysterious, yet catchy in a sense that makes the reader think, "Hmm, I'd like to read more!"

If I read your summary, I'd read it. Just reading the summary makes me wanna read the story. X3

Hmm... your story summary sounds fine. The numbers may be a little "exact" looking but I've seen much worse ones. What bothers Me about a summary, setting aside obvious grammar and spelling mistakes, is when the summary likes to assume you know all of these characters and immediately splashes you with a fruit punch group of random new people. Another way of putting it, I hate it when people write original story summaries like they would fan fiction summaries.