Click Here!

Misplaced Pokémon Story

thanks! What I do with new loads uploaded to the wrong subdomain is to delete them.

I see. Do you also let the writer know why you deleted their fic and where it should be uploaded instead?

Because if not, that would be a pretty draconian punishment for a completely understandable mistake.

I see. Do you also let the writer know why you deleted their fic and where it should be uploaded instead?

Because if not, that would be a pretty draconian punishment for a completely understandable mistake.

Wotan, I'd direct you to review the Content Guidelines, specifically:

You understand that all User Submissions must be uploaded to the appropriate Sub-Domain and Category. Failure to do so will result in an immediate deletion of the story. Please see Jump menu FAQ for instructions on navigating within your author (user) control panel

It's linked in the TOS in the following paragraph:

You agree that when posting User Submissions that you will adhere to all content guidelines as outlined here: http://www.adult-fanfiction.org/guidelines.php and that any violation of these guidelines can result in submissions being hidden or deleted.

So, it is something that's covered and each user should be aware of before uploading work to the site.

You might think the deletion unfair, but, really, it's a simple and straightforward request to place the work in the right sub-domain of the correct archive. Makes it easier to maintain the 7.8 GB database on software that was never meant to maintain it.

I agree with you in theory, sure. But this isn't someone, say, posting a Doctor Who fic in the Final Fantasy section. That would be obviously wrong.

This isn't obviously wrong. Pokémon is primarily a videogame series. It makes sense that Pokémon fic ought to be posted in the Games section. Going to Anime to post videogame fic is incredibly counterintuitive.

Sure, you can blame people for posting a fic in a section that's obviously wrong. But just deleting a fic without a word of warning because it's posted in what seems to be the obviously correct place for it is just... that's just not right. Because, in this case, it's not the writer that's at fault, it's the site's obscure design (because, really, if you write a videogame fic, why would you go to Anime to check if it should be posted there instead of where all the videogame fic goes?).

Given that you said the disclaimer needed work, and given that the user joined twice while a minor, I can conclude that this person hasn't read the ToS or the Content Guidelines. Therefore, sending them an e-mail explaining why their story was deleted would seem to be a futile effort.

Should they desire a Pokemon games category to be created, they should contact DG, through either the forum for it, admin@adult-fanfiction.org, or any of the e-mails listed on her contact page. They could even join the forum and PM her. Once they had presented their argument, if she felt it was warranted, she would create it.