Click Here!

Adopt a story

The Dead One

Lately it seems a lot of people are leaving the fandom. I also know that many don't like the idea of someone else writing for them... But for those whom are leaving and want to give their story up for adoption... Can leave a link to the story here or future plots they won't do, to be given happy homes of someone who will see it finished and joining the masses of complete fiction. ( Or lack there of.)

A rule: If you see someone responding in regards to taking over a fic or plot, please don't interfere unless they change their minds. This way we keep the adoptions clean and happy. Also please respect the authors wishes on how they wanted the fic to end or continue, unless you are given free reign to do as you please.

Remember to credit the original author as well. And once you start the fic, link back to it here, so we may enjoy it as well.

Edit: Once something has been claimed please mark the story adopted and leave it up as proof. Thanks guys.

Adopt a fic on LJ

Edited by The Dead One

Authors could actually post their stories up for adoptions here, in the fan fiction forums (much like you have with this post), for stories that are here to begin with. Sure would save us a whole lot of headache in tracking people down to verify....LOL

As long as it doesn't violate T&C of the site I might pick up something. A lot of authors lose interest in their work too soon.

It doesn't, ( As long as you have permission from the original author.) and I'm really hoping that instead of just dropping them, and posting them everywhere else people will use the form. So we can keep better track of what is has been given a home or not. ^_^ Here is Demongoddess061 post in the FAQS section about abandoned ( homeless stories) link

<3 I hope it does become of use.

And they do lose interest to fast. * Whistles* *coughs*

Edited by The Dead One

Authors could actually post their stories up for adoptions here, in the fan fiction forums (much like you have with this post), for stories that are here to begin with. Sure would save us a whole lot of headache in tracking people down to verify....LOL

That's what I was kinda hoping. And hoping it would stop some plagiarism ( Seeing way to many on LJ, some authors set up a community to warn people of plagiarists on that site, (names.) since Lj won't take it down unless it was stolen from copyrighted material. So the place has become a haven for plagiarists.) Any case..... I was hoping to make it easier on everyone. ( Including myself, just haven't decided what I should give up on, since I'm drowning.) But I didn't know they could post them in the forums. * whistles.* lol well, this way if it does get used, it will be all in one thread? haha, right. Now I just hope this gets used.

Edited by The Dead One

I would suggest starting a topic for your own stories, per fandom. In other words, you have, say, twilight fics you want to adopt out, you post that in books, for naruto, here, as you've done. And so on down the line. You could even go per story if you want. Kind of up to you for that.

As far as plagiarism goes, I don't CARE if it's not a published book or something. If it's your work, and it's been stolen (and it's been done here), I want to know that. We have a ZERO tolerance for plagiarism.

I would suggest starting a topic for your own stories, per fandom. In other words, you have, say, twilight fics you want to adopt out, you post that in books, for naruto, here, as you've done. And so on down the line. You could even go per story if you want. Kind of up to you for that.

As far as plagiarism goes, I don't CARE if it's not a published book or something. If it's your work, and it's been stolen (and it's been done here), I want to know that. We have a ZERO tolerance for plagiarism.

That's what I'm slowly doing... Deciding which stories to part with. lol. I don't mind setting this up in the others like Twilight, HP. Epically if it makes it easier for everyone show show proof that they gave it to someone and got the okay. All right, I shall do that. ^_^

Edit: Sorry It wasn't here on aff it was on FF. *sweat drops*

Edited by The Dead One

• 2 months later...

There are two more Adopt a Wip comms on LJ and DW if anyone is interested

http://finish-my-fic.livejournal.com/profile

http://finish-my-fic.dreamwidth.org/profile

• 10 months later...
Guest Lady Pandorarose

I love this idea, so many stories get abandoned and I think OMG I know where this could go. I know it looks like I have abandoned my work, but I havn't. Its been just slow working so hehe.

Guest salllzy

i know what people mean :S

your reading a story then you find a note saying the story wont be continued it really upsets you when you read it and think noooo! why would such a good story get stopped?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Sheogorath

The Dead One said: "since Lj won't take it down unless it was stolen from copyrighted material."

You can tell LJ that it is copyrighted material and that everything is copyrighted automatically once you click save because of the U.S. signing the Berne Convention in the late 1980s.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.