Click Here!

Explain Your Username

Guest Knorg

Well Aingeal means "Angel" in Gaelic, and I am of Irish desent. My best male friend's first name is Angel and he has been there for me through everything (he's hispanic). So that is a tribute to him. The x's are kisses because whenever we first see each other he gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and when he leaves he does the same thing.

My penname is Aingeal Zane. The Zane comes from my female best friend, who has now passed on and she used to say "sane people bore me-thats why I hang out with you!" And we both would agree, Z's are cooler then S's so I changed the S to a Z.

I use this for pretty much anything, some form of Aingeal (sometimes Aingeal Zane) for basically everything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"St. Araqiel" was my username on a Bloodrayne fan forum. According to the Book of Enoch (a Biblical work of questionable canonicity), Araqiel was one of the Grigori, angels who watched over humanity on Earth and chose to stay there because of their lust for human women. The "saint" part I added 'cause I thought it sounded cool.

Edited by StAraqiel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Animedevildog.

well, I have been an anime nut ever since I spent a year in Japan. (OMG! That was half a lifetime ago for me, now I feel old...) and the devildog part, well, I did my time for King and Country in the United States Marine Corps. (91 - 95) And Devildog is a nickname for Marines.

Interesting Trivia:

The term Devildog was given to the Marines after the battle of Belleau Wood by the Germans during WWI. The Marines went in and took the place, then were attacked by a force five times their size. The Marines savagely beat their opponents back and never surrendered their position. One German soldier, after a particularly firocious battle, referred to the Marines as "teufel hundel", which translates into English as "hounds from hell".

Taiyoukai_Nile. Taiyoukai because I am an InuYasha fan and have been a fangirl of Sesshoumaru. He is a taiyoukai. Nile... because that is my name. I have gone by just Nile and Nile-sama. In AFF, my pen name is Nile-sama.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dollymop

Few people know this, unless they are Victorian London nerds like me, but 'Dollymop' is the word for a part time prostitute. Usually a servant girl who moonlighted on the streets. And it's just a frickin awesome word in itself xD

I like using it because as like no one knows what it means, it's usually always free for me to use and I can avoid... awkward questions :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Well lets see....

For a Screen name and a Author name as the case may be, I wanted something that was 'sweet and soft' but at the same time 'dangerous'. So because of that orginal thought I looked up several poisons and drugs. But...all the ones either had names that I was sure not to remember..or had a 'effect' that I didn't have in mind for my idea of 'sweet and tender'. Most poisons ended with the...user...being quite bloated or with them dying a painful and awful death. So I moved on to something else...something with a more..classic feel to it.

Okay, maybe that's not exactly right. Its more to the point to say that I remembered Shakespeare's Romeo and Juilet. Towards the end of the story Romeo believed that Juilet had died and as such tried to follow her....by sampling the 'poison' from her lips.

Exchange the word 'poison' with 'toxic'. And add the word 'kisses'. And there you go...my screen name. Ha! A complicated story for such a simple name...isn't that foolish?

-Kisses

• 8 months later...

Well, my username and penname are the same. My name is what I am: A two-legged (Biped) Asexual. And Asexual is a legit sexual orientation. About 1% of the population of the world considers themselves Asexual. We're quite rare.

I gamed online with my husband and his Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory clan under this name, and then began posting fanfic elsewhere under this name. I'm sort of used to being Wench by now.

• 2 months later...

Well,my names are a little silly I suppose, but I do love them.I have three that I go by:

1) LadyMoonStone- I have been a long time lover of the nighttime sky and there's no more beautiful a night to me than a winters' night with a full moon. As for the lady part, well I do have lady parts.....

2) LuciousLadyMoon- The reasoning for LadyMoon is the same as above. The lucious part has to do with the fact that I am a rather large woman.In other words, I'm fat and I have lumps. But, some of my lumps are in places that make a woman lucious.

3) Plumeriasmoon- Moon part same as above. Plumeria just sounded cute.

When I joined this site, I wanted something that would let people know I was male with just a glance and something that would blend well with the masses. The Knight part was obvious. Very, very few women would pick that, considering it's an overwhelmingly male archetype. It also helped denote that I wrote mostly fantasy, so it was doubly apt. Then, of course, I went for irony for the second part. What's more normal on the internet, in this day and age, than references to darkness and shadows? Thus, the name Shadow Knight was born.

I rather like it, truth be told. I was never one for darkness and all that, but it has turned out to be a good username.

Oh, and when I had to add a number because "shadowknight" was already taken, I picked 12 for no reason other than because it's even and more or less rare.

Edited by Shadowknight12

• 7 months later...

Ayato - In my favourite world I have a favourite character to er... follow. His name is Ayato Aniege (most times, I do love families who believe in familial names...) and so I chose my pen name as something that is easy to remember, in case I ever left AFF for any period of time. Kind of hard to forget all the stuff he's done.

He and I are two different people, all we really share is a name.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to say that my username is a deep and insightful metaphor, but it's not.

I used to go by the username "masquerade" and if that was taken i would use "dragon-masquerade" Eventually I realized how completely unoriginal this was and decided to change it. I was stumped for a while and eventually I just gave up and picked something at random from my room: LockedBox.

It's served me pretty well, it's androgenous, unique and it reminds me of rpg's because if something is locked then you automatically assume that it holds something good.

Edited by LockedBox

• 5 months later...

on the forum it's hairyhaggis as i used to collect them and i'm scottish on AFF it's MalichisMinion. Malichi is a character from a screenplay i wrote which i'm also adapting into a book and I love his character though he isn't my fave :)

• 3 months later...

Wow... no one's answered this in MONTHS! *shrugs* Okay... well, my username is actually a name I used when I was a stripper a LOOONG time ago. I was new and never thought about it until the day I started working. The other girls thought long and hard and came up with "Cocoa Brown". It was too plain so I switched the Cs to Ks, and KoKoa B was born! I've been using that and my real name as pen names ever since! :D So there... don't judge me; you asked the meaning behind it and you got it! :P

• 4 months later...

Its nothing special. I took my middle name and my first name and mashed them together. Amy Ray became Raymy. I've used it for a little over 13 years, creating it when I bought my first computer and needed an email. I've used it with or without a number, depending on if someone else was using it (stole it) or if I just wanted to mark the year or age I started an account.

eg. Raymy2002 or Raymy42

Luckily no one here was using it, so I'm plain Raymy for the forum and my pen name.

Cuzosu.... Well. To explain that and have it make any real sense I have to explain how two other names came about....

First, the key reference point: 'su. I'd like to say this is wonderfully insightful and other awesome things, but it actually makes me look kind of dense. Because it came about like this: I have a cousin who goes by Yamesu. Well, we were having a group gathering - we shared some of the same friends, so both of us were there. And one of my friends, nickname of Kitty-boy, comes in and yells, "Sue! I'd like a word with you!" Everyone in the room was absolutely baffled, but I was the one who put it to words: "Kitty-boy...you do know there's no one in our group named Sue, right...?" He just shook his head and pointed ever so dramatically in my cousin's direction. "You! 'su! Yamesu!" ...and I almost died laughing, and my cousin had a hissy fit, and.... Honestly I'm kind of ashamed I hadn't shortened my cousin's nickname to 'su just to tease him - it would have been very wonderfully us.

Now, Cuz and 'o' can be taken by themselves and summarily explained - but to be honest the Cuz part is a little more in depth than is obvious. *cough* On account of one of his friends, when we were in high school, tried to steal my soda - and I yelled so nastily and loudly at him (sounded like a drill sergeant) that, in my cousin's laughing words, "You almost made Justin piss his pants!" I'd been deprived of Dew for a while, so it...wasn't a smart move on his friend's part. But after that, my cousin's friends started calling me The Evil Cousin. (This was even more amusing because by then, my group, due to a slip of my tongue and a friend's intent on nicknaming him "Fuzzy"...we'd all taken to calling him the Fuzzin. Because said cousin and I refer to each other as Cousin, My Cousin, and suchlike a lot. Anyway, when my cousin told me his friends had dubbed me The Evil Cousin, it clicked in my head: I was The Evil Cousin of the Fuzzin! :rofl: I still can't get over it.)

Besides which, I figure no one else is going to take Cuzosu as their username - and so far I've been right. ;)

• 4 months later...

Salya is a few ocs' names but mainly my beyblade oc for Kai. xD I love the name Salya and I use it one my art as well as for other sites. Since I hate my rl name, I just use Salya for everything.

It's also my AFFN pen-name, pen-name on other writing sites and a few forums. xD I don't know where Salya is original from but I made it up one day. I'm sure that it's a normal name somewhere but whatever. I don't know the meaning behind it and sadly I don't really care. lol

• 2 months later...

kurahieiritr came about because I am an on again and off again internet user. My hardcore recluse moods are to blame I suppose. I can go two or three years off line, so I have lost several screen names because I was not paying some internet carrier for service.

When I whipped up this screen name, I was into watching Yu Yu Hakusho. Kura as in Kurama the demonic fox, Hiei being the fire demon, and I am a writer of course. I can have a very demonic temper cause I am Irish/Viking/Amerindian with genuine red hair that truly does reflect my inner passion. So subtle spinning of the demonic tone from Yu Yu Hakusho seemed appropriate.

In the main archives here and at FFnet, I added JIO which are my full name initials for Josie I. Oden. Please do not make Josie & Pussycats cartoon cracks about my first name. I've been hearing the oh so very tired list of wise cracks since the 1970's. I have used this screen name, or azdesertlupine for several years and can't recall the majority of names I have abandoned since the early 90's. :) azdesertlupine is Arizona Desert Lupine, an endangered subspecies of the equally endangered Kincaid Lupine class of wild flowers found in the Saguaro National Monument West and the Ironwood National Monuments around Tucson Arizona. It was the first 3d beaded floral sculpture I ever designed.

• 2 years later...

Well, I've gone through a couple of names here. First it was AusyAndy because my name is Andy, and I'm an Aussie. I have generally been using that name everywhere for the past 10 years. A while ago I started using Ark on a gaming forum, kind of taking on the persona of one of my characters (or trying to), and had intended to change all my usernames to that, where possible. I finally came up with the perfect name: Rod_Ryder, or shortened to just Ryder if available, as my writing (and anything smut-related) alias. It should not be difficult to figure out what the name means :D