Click Here!

Explain Your Username

Guest Knorg

well, back when i was still in highschool... i was like 16, i believe, i was part of a sailormoon email/forum/whatever site. so my email was blahblahblah@sailormoon.com or something like that. i don't really remember at this point. anyway, a girl had posted that she was looking to create a group of sailor scouts and was wanting volunteers to be a part of it. so, naturally, i messaged her back. at that time i didn't have my own otaku senshi (i know, i know. terrible that a moonie didn't have her own scout) so i had to whip one up on the spot. i created Ultra Draco. however, all i had for her was general appearance. the girl, who quickly became my friend, named her Kenly Sekuri.

every time she would talk to me, including on the phone, she would call me Kenly, Ken-chan, or Kenlybop. it sorta just stuck. i've used it everywhere since then. even my cat's name is Kenly. XD

in fact, this name has spawned about... 4 or 7 other characters with the same name.

• 2 weeks later...

I use my handle, Kyouryoku Senshi, everywhere. It means 'Strong Warrior or Powerful Solider.' biggrin.gif When I created it, the general idea came from Sailor Moon.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, any Marvel fans will know the meaning of my name.

It's the real name of the Marvel character Scarlet Witch. She's one of my favourite X-men, and I thought it was a cool name.

I use it pretty much on every website/forum etc and often go by Wanda as an opose to my real name on the net.

• 5 weeks later...
It's a name a friend gave me. It's kinda what my real name (nate) would be pronounced if it where japanese.

Well, isn't this slightly embarrassing... I always figured you for a Finn, because in Finnish "Neito" means maiden. laugh.gif I stand corrected.

My usernames are always some combination of Siarra Fenris and Fenris Mourningstar. They go together every which way, and while none of them signify any fundamental truths, I like them, however tacky.

Siarra comes from a very obscure Japanese RPG and she was one of the game's uber-bosses. A dainty little dragon-blooded fairy, who pretty much fried the tar out of my characters every time I fought her. I still have insane respect for that character, so take this as my tribute. biggrin.gif

Fenris is rather self-evident. I like old mythologies and the Scandinavian is my favourite. (I like to pretend that I have some viking blood in me still...) Fenris is a very interesting figure, especially if one looks beyond the 'isn't he some big wolf?' factor.

Mourningstar is just plain bad taste and delightfully mock-goth. Take morningstar and slap an extra "u" in it for that added dark and angsty effect. rolleyes.gif So in essence, it's just a joke.

'Entrisic' came to be for pretty much all the same reasons Madlodger listed. I wanted something genderless, fandom-less, timeless and unique. Something not impossible to spell (although people misspell it regardless).

Originally I tried to go with 'Ixiel'. Then I Googled the name and saw there were a bunch of results for it. So I started randomly thinking up words and suddenly... Entrisic. Voila. I had myself a pen name.

• 3 months later...

PretentiousArtWhore is a nickname I got when I was running RPG's, because I was into really detailed descriptions and flavor text, and I was at one point a half-assed artist.

Mine's not all that creative, I know but I decided I needed a name that went along with how I first began to realize I was coming into my own in a sense and discovering what all I liked in the adult realm - so I decided on a mostly unisex name that came from the lead in "Just One of the Guys"

Edited by Terri

I use this particular name (without the numbers) for almost all my gaming. Have been for YEARS.

As to how I got the name, well....

picture an 8 1/2 month pregnant, EXTREMELY hormonal person (me at the time) and a smart ass twelve year old (my oldest boy). Dunno exactly where or why he came up with it, but...long story short, I was ranting about something (don't even remember), and HE started it. All his fault. In any case, he made me laugh, and I've been DemonGoddess ever since

Solaris came about in 2002 when I was trying to name a future foal from my pregnant mare. It could go both ways male or female.

The foal turned out to be a colt so I named him Star of Solaris but didn't formally name him on his registration papers till 2004 when the midwife and breeder died and his name was changed from that to Pam's Star of Solaris.

I then, took the name Solaris for a female Elf in my Dark Elf stories and I have used that name for other forums but a couple where I use another handle at. But I mainly use Solaris for forums or archive sites.

Beth

RikuDrak was invented when I started getting into forums on the internet. It was about the same time that Kingdom Hearts had come out.

Riku, my favourite character from Kingdom Hearts, and Drak (a nickname I had on AIM for ages because of my fondness for dragons since I can remember).

Slapped them together.

I've been trying to move on to Reikaza, which was something that just popped in my head once and I liked it, but I absolutely love being called Riku. I'm fond of that nickname, even if in real life it would seem silly since I'm not Japanese.

• 4 weeks later...

Kanashii is my author name and forum name, it comes from a character in my Original story that I wrote. Her name was given to her by her teacher. Kanashii is just a really cool heroine that I identify with. (her full name is Kanashii-Taka, the 'wounded/sad Hawk')

• 2 weeks later...

My screenname means just what it says. >.>;

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rosemarius

My name comes from the name I gave yahoo once, while re-creating my e-mail (I had the tendency of losing my passwords quite often). Originally it was RosaMario, a combination of two italian names, one feminine and one masculine (I like to mantain an androginous identity). Then I re-discovered AFF, and while looking for a cool sounding name, Rosamario came to mind, so I chose to give it a more Latin-English sound, to make it look somewhat poetic.

Hi I'm Tindog, long time reader, soon-to-be first time author.

Anyways, username is partly a reference to my job and a character in Doctor Who.

For those of you that have seen the second series (David Tennant/Billie Piper) episode "School Reunion", the character Mickey Smith says the following to Sarah-Jane Smith

"I'm their man in Havana, I'm the Technical Support... oh my God I'm the Tin Dog"

Tin Dog in that case is a reference to the robot K9, and Technical Support happens to be my occupation, so I thought that name would fit well and be fairly anonymous.

The story behind my screen/pen name is kina mundane, but apt. I stumbled across AFFN one day after getting bored with its little cousin, FFN. I started looking up my favorite fandoms and realized something: This site is full to the gills with Yaoi, but you have to fight tooth and nail to find any Yuri. Even the ads predominately link to yaoi comics/writing communities. After some time and searching, I came to realize that this didn't really seem to be changing. So, I figured if I want to see some more yuri, I'd better write it myself.

So here I am! Championing the cause of lesbian love and yuri justice in a yaoi-dominated world! I was either going call myself Sailor Yuri or YuriChampion, and the latter seemed less dated.

Hmmm... Sailor Yuri... has that been done yet? DIBS!

Edited by YuriChampion

i've been using 'shinigamiinochi' since I was old enough to use a computer. There are actually two explanations; fandom and literal. Fandom wise, shinigami comes from Gundam Wing and Inochi is a character from Scar Tissue, another awesome anime (he's also the reason why I told my friend that her theory that all silver haired anime characters are evil, is wrong), while Inochi is not my favorite character, the literal meaning of my name sold it for me. It is this:

Shinigami= Death

Inochi= Life

Together: Death+Life= Existence

It's just one of those existential, philosophical, spiritual type things and it is also my philosophy. I believe that there can never be dark without light, light without dark. Existence is not just about how happy you are or how great your life is, it is also about death and all that has come before, darkness is equally important. Then there's also the point that only my friends can spell it. Keeps the riff raff at bay. If you can't spell my name, I don't know you.

Alas, I have not been living up to my name of late. The addiction has somewhat waned. Scrolling through bad junk kind of put me off into the corner suffering withdrawal symptoms. Long did I yearn for some really good junk, and when it grabs me, I'm off reading and writing such reviews as: "Ah, that was damn good." *smokes cigarette*

Or when thoroughly pissed off, just writing out and posting whatever drivel comes to mind and rubbing my nads up against the countertop...er, was that too much information?

Guest chocolat

Well, my AFF name is Chocolat because... it seemed like a good idea at the time and I didn't want to make it the same as my FFnet name which was Yoshi12 at the time... And I like French so I chose that spelling.

As for YoruichiYoshi12 (FFnet and LJ) Yoshi has been my nickname since 7th grade?... Yeah, after the green dude from Mario 'cause he is awesome. 12 is my favorite number and because 12/12 is my birthday. Yoruichi is because of Shihouin Yoruichi from Bleach. She is just awesome. I've also gone by Sabaku no Yoshi (spin off of Gaara from Naruto... Sabaku no Gaara. I love him)

I use three names around the net for various things

Diamondflame is the name of a blue dragon in a book I read in middle school. It was my very first email address. It's been so long I don't remember anything about the book other then the main character could talk to animals and the dragons name.

Ryuu Tenshi as I was told, in Japanese, Ryuu means dragon and Tenshi means Angel, and for whatever reason I like going by Ryuu Tenshi the Dragon Angel.

Finally, Zero Ruin, as in nothing but ruin, which is something I came up with for a zombie character I created. It just kinda jumps at me as the perfect evil name.

Edited by Diamondflame

My user name comes form the meaning, when I decided to sign up it was for a cause! And it still is. ;)

Figuring all the newbie authors who don't take concrit well, are trying to reinvent the wheel. The wheel is still good! Urg. But I really like the ring in the word too. It's also one of the random word addictions I get. . .like inexorable