Click Here!

March is in like a Lion!

Updates from Apollo

Updates from Apollo

See below for site updates and news, all is well and I have nothing that I specifically need to address!

Archive Improvement Status Updates

I said when I listed the most asked for site improvements that getting our new search API integrated was number one on our list...Well, I'm proud to announce that it is being worked on as I type this and is part of the first phase of improvements that you will see on the site by the end of May. So what else can you expect?

• Some behind the scenes updates that will allow the search to work to the best of it's abilities
  • Improved search functionality, allowing you to search by Title, Description or Author, sort by Categories and or Warning Tags.
  • Additional depth in the sub-domains, meaning that instead of only being able to have three levels, we will be able to create a much better sorting functionality and make it easier for you to find the type of story you are looking for as we move through the Archive Clean up.

Thank you to everyone who has donated, bought things from the store or clicked a banner for one of our lovely advertisers, with out you we wouldn't have had the money to start getting these changes put in place!

New Advertising Programs

Do you advertise with us now? Would you like to save a little bit of money? Do you know other sites that are looking for a great place to advertise? Well then do we have the offer for you! Take a look at our brand new referral program! Save Money Now

AFF CafePress Store

Please take a moment to check out our store, featuring our AFF Calendar and other merchandise with the wonderful designs they provided us! If you see artwork you like but not on an item you are interested in? Send me a PM or e-mail and I will see what we can do!

Funding Status

Information to exact status is always found on the donations page. Currently, the site has $827.31 stored in PayPal. March's hosting costs are paid, deposit paid for site updates and as we have the money to cover April! We have started to amass a small surplus that will allow us to do these various upgrades, but again, please keep us in mind if you have some spare cash! Please see the donation page for further information on how.

Tech Updates from DemonGoddess

Clean up/Sort Update

ALL stories for Angel the Series have been moved from the tv subdomain to the buffy subdomain. Any new postings of AtS stories to tv will be deleted.

Books is finally complete, with the last minute repairs done where the addition of the RTE made the word exported html inserts go a bit nuts.

Buffy is now in progress for repairs.

Changed the format of the chapter data field, to allow for the long chapters which are pre-existing. At some point, someone thought it would be a good idea to change it from longtext to mediumtext in the field properties. WHY, I have no idea. The end result of that action was that most chapters kept trying to truncate. So, by putting the properties back to where they were in the first place, this has stopped this from being an issue with most of the stories. There are still some where this is an issue, and those will (more often than not) be fixed by stripping out all the excess word code in the html insert. There are also some VERY old stories with multiple chapters in one chapter upload, where even with the longtext enabled, I will have to split them to prevent further corruption.

Cartoon subdomain is in process of being moved around, also will be adding some top levels in preparation for story move for one (Transformers..most of the stories in anime are actually CARTOON based, not based on the animes). So, the upcoming structure there will be Transformers as the top level, with G1, G2, Beastwars, and etc as the 2nd level, pair types as the third level. While sorting, we are keeping track of actual pairs, for future use. Movie based fiction will stay in movies, as it's an entirely DIFFERENT universe from the cartoons and whatnot.

Teen Titans and other DC cartoon based stories will be moved to the comics subdomain. Marvel based cartoons will be moved to the xmen subdomain. Once I start moving these stories, I ask that any new loads be added to the subdomains where they are going to live in the future. For that matter, it would be helpful if you did that now with new stories.

Manta2g is rewriting some functions and scripts to allow for more than 3 levels in categories, while she rewrites the search engine script. In the meantime, I will continue to proceed and work with this in the current format. The good thing is, that while that is being rewritten, and once it's deployed, at that point, THEN I can move categories down a level (in some for instances), and then add the specific pair categories as well. In cartoons, this will apply to the current top levels which are title based, i.e. Avatar, Kim Possible (I should have that top level made this weekend), and any others that I need to make.

Monthy Moderation Update

As always, we want to keep you informed of how the site moderation goes. Take a look at the wonderful work that our staff has done in keeping the site safe and open to all! Click Me!

X-Trooper

2011-03-07

id # 3000030196

Suggestion: X-Men and all Other Marvel'Verse should really be in the Comic Section.

As all other Marvel 'Verse, including movies and tv shows, will be eventually moved to the xmen subdomain, just as all DC'Verse movies and tv shows will be eventually moved to comics, could you expand on why I should do this?

What you're asking is for me to move 1487 stories, and eliminate a subdomain

X-Trooper

2011-03-07

id # 3000030197

Respectfully request a Green Lantern sub-catagory under comics.

added. In future, if you could please use this forum for posting reqs, I'd appreciate it. By keeping it all in once place, I make sure I don't miss any of 'em. ;)