Click Here!

Who Do You Write Like?

ApolloImperium

Got Anne Rice, JK Rowling, HP Lovecraft, Dan Brown, Stephen King and a few others that made me want to hurt myself :rofl:

I've got H.P. Lovecraft, Chuck Palahniuk, Aurthur Clarke, David Foster Wallace, George Orwell, Annie Rice, William ShakeSpeare(o.O) and another I will not mention because I loathe their work. Mostly H.P. Lovecraft though, whom I have never heard of . >.< I apparently bounce around in a lot of styles, and have had waaaay to much fun with this site.

Edited by Shadow

::snickers helplessly::

Jack London, JK Rowling, Ursula K LeGuin, Ian Fleming and Willliam Shakespeare, to name a few...

I have serious doubts about my mental wellbeing! :rofl:

First sample - Cory Doctorow (uh... was mentioned in some xkcd strips but no idea who s/he is)

Second sample - Arthur Clarke (Him I know!)

Final sample - David Foster Wallace (again, I say huh?)

I can only assume it issues possibly flattering generalisations in the hopes of selling amazon books and getting the referral fees. Or some other commercial application I missed?? <_<

Okay, I had to see if this was at all consistent. I always beat myself up for my stories feeling like they're written in the same voice. (Dumbass narrator!) I'm shocked at so many names being returned (out of thirteen stories): J. R. R. Tolkien , Ian Fleming, and Annie Rice showed up multiple times, but I also got Kurt Vonnegut (for a major sex scene? :(), Raymond Chandler, James Fenimore Cooper, Dan Brown (for a bunny story), and Cory Doctorow (a "famous" blogger?).

For the poem that I love so much *sniffle* "David Foster Wallace" was a severely disappointing result. :cry:

At least my 1st person stories had some good names:

• Letters from "Derpy": J. R. R. Tolkien (Somewhat fitting for a talking pegasus)
  • The Dark Side of the Bright Side: Gertrude Stein (Wow, Ruby is a great writer!)
  • My Absolute Mostest Horriblest Day Ever: Margaret Atwood (oddly fitting)

Faeries, different chapters

Anne Rice, Dan Brown, James Joyce x 4 - guess he's the winner then.

I suppose the conclusion I can draw is that, alas, my style is inconsistent.

Edited by pittwitch

William Gibson, whom I have never actually heard of before..

and if I put my HP story in, I get JK Rowling.

and for two other things an Annie Rice, would that really be Anne Rice?

Yes. Who ever made the program spelled her name wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I got Dan Brown (my BDSM oneshot), Chuck Palahniuk (who??) and Stephenie Meyer. XD I kinda wanna kill myself for that last one.

Chuck Palahniuk (who??) - You ever hear of the movie Fight Club? He wrote the original book. It's pretty readable unlike some of his other stuff.

Oh, then he's awesome! Thanks for the info, JayDee! =3

Well, I didn't take the test, but I know for a fact that Stephen King is definitely a big influence on me. I read a lot of his stuff when I was younger, so whenever I write about murder or something remotely disturbing I always sound like him. =P

Edited by Lemonator

• 3 weeks later...

I got HP Lovecraft for my 3 paragraphs on The Beatles.

My paragraph on why people hate Tool fans said I write like Cory Doctorow.

My tongue-in-cheek page on why women are inferior said I write like Chuck Palahniuk.

I have no idea what this means...

Shockingly enough,evethough I just write a silly little blog,I got Anne Rice,Stephen King and William Shakespeare. :jaw:

• 7 months later...

I got Anne rice, David Foster Wallace, Arthur Clarke and Rudyard Kipling. Rudyard Kipling is the only one I'm familiar with, as he wrote the jungle book and Rikki Tikki Tavi which was a favorite of mine when I was a kid, but oddly enough that chapter was the beginnings of a smut scene, so I'm either raping my own childhood or doing something seriously wrong here :eyebrow:

Edited by LockedBox

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.