Click Here!

The Things That Don't Match

writeaddict

Review Responses For Chapter 18:

Prism0467: Unfortunately that won't help in a serious relationship but if I was just doing PWP I'd take your advice. There will be a threesome though because the thought of it was genius on your part.

Dorkchic: You are right. Naruto is looking everywhere for love but right in front of him. He'll get it right eventually though.

shadowfox3163: The vote came out Shika/Naru but honestly, Naruto will be with Kimi for a while. Another reviewer suggested that maybe Kimi should find a new love of his own so he can still have a happy ending. Would you be interested in seeing that or suggesting an alternative person for him?

spriggan_d: Yeah, Shika really cares for him. He'd do a lot for Naruto.

Midnight Wolf: Well, Naruto is his only love so I suppose you have a point. But what about poor Kimi?

mari: Thank you, mari. The vote turned your way by a landslide so you'll get to see some Naru/Shika action.

Midnight Essence: I hope the story continues to meet your expectations.

Ajablue: I thought your idea was great so I'm going to put it into action when they break up. Naruto and Kimimaro might be together for a while though. Do you have anybody in particular that you want Kimi to be with after?

Ari: The pairing really isn't done often enough. It's one of my favourites too.

Mitsukoi: Luckily it's not then.

ExposedDesires: You certainly have a way with words. You're right though, my story is set up so that the final pairing is Shika/Naru and it will stay that way. Everybody Naruto has met and slept with so far has a purpose further down the line or will help him in some way- so yes, character developement. To be truthful had Kimi won I probably would have eventually wrote both versions; Kimi will be with Naruto for a while so it wouldn't have been too hard to write them, the story would just end earlier and it would be more focused on Kimimaru and Naruto with maybe Shikamaru on the outside. Thank you, I try to keep the story or at least the emotions in it as real as possible. You are right about the story being mine though, I like to hear everyone's opinions and if I like them incorporate them in but it won't go this far again. In the end it didn't turn out to be a problem though since almost everyone voted for Shikamaru. Thank you, I really liked your review.

Devious Lil Devil: There really should be more Shika/Naru in the fandom. They're such a lovely couple.

qwerty: Funnily enough, my plans are quite the opposite. Naruto will be with Kimi for a while and it's Naruto that messes up, leading to the break up. You really like Shika, huh?

Anon 1: Thank you.

Anon 2: Thank you. He sort of went on a bender but I figure it's been a while coming. Naruto just keeps slipping through his fingers. Kimi will make another appearance in Ch. 19-20. Actually Prism0467 suggested a threesome too and I'm very happy to oblige, you just probably won't see it right away.

Review responses for Chapter 19:

Prism0467: Thank you.

Midnight Essence: They are one of my favourite pairings too. Glad to see you not bailing, I value every reader.

AngelTalion: *Holds up a shiny banner in return that reflects yours.* They'll work it out.

bijouxbroussard: And they will. That was the plan when I started writing this and it will continue like that.

librarycat9: Really? You don't think the enmity between he and Sasuke over Naruto would get in the way? How would they work that out since they both loved him?

Review responses for Chapter 20:

AngelTalion: It would be wasted on Naruto even if Shika did. Unless whoever Shika was dating tried to separate them and took up all of Shika's time Naruto wouldn't notice because he doesn't know that Shikamaru loves him as more than a friend.

moodysavage: Unfortunately you spoke too soon. The boyfriend does arrive.

Anon: Thank you, I appreciate the review.

Guest librarycat9

Review responses for Chapter 19:

Prism0467: Thank you.

Midnight Essence: They are one of my favourite pairings too. Glad to see you not bailing, I value every reader.

AngelTalion: *Holds up a shiny banner in return that reflects yours.* They'll work it out.

bijouxbroussard: And they will. That was the plan when I started writing this and it will continue like that.

librarycat9: Really? You don't think the enmity between he and Sasuke over Naruto would get in the way? How would they work that out since they both loved him?

Sasuke could seduce him away from Naruto as a sort of revenge and end up in way over his head... lol just a random idea... :D

Sasuke could seduce him away from Naruto as a sort of revenge and end up in way over his head... lol just a random idea... :D

That's not a bad idea. I like it so I'm going to use the first part of it. Someone suggested a pairing for Kimi that I really like so I'm going to combine the two. This is going to be a truly humiliating experience for Sasuke. :whip:

Guest Midnight Essence

Your reply board is working and I check on it after every chapter. Chapter 21 was short but Shikamaru is a bad, bad man... But like he said, let rip the band-aid off now. Lol. I wonder how Kimi is gonna take this...? -Midnight Essence

Your reply board is working and I check on it after every chapter. Chapter 21 was short but Shikamaru is a bad, bad man... But like he said, let rip the band-aid off now. Lol. I wonder how Kimi is gonna take this...? -Midnight Essence

Thank you for letting me know, it seemed to be the question everyone was avoiding chapter before last. Yeah, it was short but it was a good place to end it, I like making the chapters 3-5 pages but sometimes I don't manage to.

I know, Shikamaru was very bad, wasn't it great?

You'll find out how Kimi will take it next chapter.

Review responses for Chapter 21:

Prism0467: Yay, Shika! Well he can't be obedient all the time.

Is Naruto ever really in it?

AngelTalion: Yep, Shika got his moments where he totally owns. Hmm, you've got an interesting point. It's not exactly how Naruto gets with Shika in what I've planed but I can still use it. I even just got an idea of with who. I love tying up loose ends. Thanks for letting me know about the link, when no one responded I started to think it wasn't working.

mistress0fyaoi: Thank you. I understand what you mean about the short, I ended it there because it was the best place to end it. How did it feel rushed though? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix it or keep it from happening again.

Dorkchic: I love the way you think. Please, let your imagination carry you away. I liked your thought so much that he will end up with Neji. At first I was going to keep it a mystery which one but I realize this chapter makes that pointless.

Anon: Thank you for letting me know. Shika will respond and probably retaliate. Don't worry, he'll be fine.

richon: You made my day today when I read your review, thanks. I imagine I would be quite annoyed too if I was Shikamaru. Thank you. Shika won't be telling Naru for a while though.

Guest AngelTalion

Review responses for Chapter 21:

Prism0467: Yay, Shika! Well he can't be obedient all the time.

Is Naruto ever really in it?

AngelTalion: Yep, Shika got his moments where he totally owns. Hmm, you've got an interesting point. It's not exactly how Naruto gets with Shika in what I've planed but I can still use it. I even just got an idea of with who. I love tying up loose ends. Thanks for letting me know about the link, when no one responded I started to think it wasn't working.

mistress0fyaoi: Thank you. I understand what you mean about the short, I ended it there because it was the best place to end it. How did it feel rushed though? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix it or keep it from happening again.

Dorkchic: I love the way you think. Please, let your imagination carry you away. I liked your thought so much that he will end up with Neji. At first I was going to keep it a mystery which one but I realize this chapter makes that pointless.

Anon: Thank you for letting me know. Shika will respond and probably retaliate. Don't worry, he'll be fine.

richon: You made my day today when I read your review, thanks. I imagine I would be quite annoyed too if I was Shikamaru. Thank you. Shika won't be telling Naru for a while though.

BWAHAHAHAHA sometimes I think Naru needs a lil kick in the pants. He really does take advantage. He just ASSUMES Shika will always just be there when he wants him there and fade into the background when he is busy doing other stuff. Which makes me growly cause I've SO been there. Shika deserves a little bit of his own fun. It doesn't HAVE to be sexy fun (though I wouldn't object heehee) just something to help distract him ya know? I am the WORST about taking feedback advice. I haven't written anything yet with an outline. Well BOUND is now that way, but yeah everything is just 'hrmm what is gonna happen next?' lets see what the people want/think LOL

BWAHAHAHAHA sometimes I think Naru needs a lil kick in the pants. He really does take advantage. He just ASSUMES Shika will always just be there when he wants him there and fade into the background when he is busy doing other stuff. Which makes me growly cause I've SO been there. Shika deserves a little bit of his own fun. It doesn't HAVE to be sexy fun (though I wouldn't object heehee) just something to help distract him ya know? I am the WORST about taking feedback advice. I haven't written anything yet with an outline. Well BOUND is now that way, but yeah everything is just 'hrmm what is gonna happen next?' lets see what the people want/think LOL

And he'll get one. He assumes cause Shika always *is* there and is behind the scenes making what he wants happen. The funny thing is that they're both wrapped around each other's fingers; if Shika actually asked anything of Naruto- and especially because Shika never asks- Naruto would give the world to make it happen. It would actually solve Shika's problem of wanting to be with him but he doesn't want to force Naruto to do anything or make him feel obligated. It happens to me too but in a different way- it's usually that people expect me to pick up their slack and sometimes I really don't have enough of my own much less theirs. I think the readers will like who Shika turns to. It will also be up to you guys if they have sex but I think they probably will. I mean Shika's not pathetically pining for Naruto, he just loves him, it's not going to stop him from having sex with other people.

It really depends. I become really fond of regular reviewers so I'll generally listen to what they have to say and put it into the story in some way unless I really like an idea that someone else says. Oh, this doesn't have an outline. I just sit down at random times and type. None of my stories actually have outlines. When I go into a story I generally have an idea of what I *don't* want and a couple of scenes that will definitely go in but everything else is fair game. And the more I write of it the more ideas I get of where it could go and the more loose ends come together. I have the next chapter of this done and an idea of where the next 2-3 chapters will go but that's about it. I complete some of the stories I have in my head before I write them but this isn't one of them.

Review Responses for Chapter 22:

Dorkchic: And the conversation you have long awaited has arrived. Yeah, I think Gaara and Hinata would be good for each other.

AngelTalion: Naruto won't realize for a while the extent of how much he's hurting his friend. He knows not what he does, forgive him.

Midnight Essence: I've actually never seen it done before, the idea just randomly occurred to me and I couldn't ignore it- it's a plus that it ties up some ends.

Guest AngelTalion

And he'll get one. He assumes cause Shika always *is* there and is behind the scenes making what he wants happen. The funny thing is that they're both wrapped around each other's fingers; if Shika actually asked anything of Naruto- and especially because Shika never asks- Naruto would give the world to make it happen. It would actually solve Shika's problem of wanting to be with him but he doesn't want to force Naruto to do anything or make him feel obligated. It happens to me too but in a different way- it's usually that people expect me to pick up their slack and sometimes I really don't have enough of my own much less theirs. I think the readers will like who Shika turns to. It will also be up to you guys if they have sex but I think they probably will. I mean Shika's not pathetically pining for Naruto, he just loves him, it's not going to stop him from having sex with other people.

It really depends. I become really fond of regular reviewers so I'll generally listen to what they have to say and put it into the story in some way unless I really like an idea that someone else says. Oh, this doesn't have an outline. I just sit down at random times and type. None of my stories actually have outlines. When I go into a story I generally have an idea of what I *don't* want and a couple of scenes that will definitely go in but everything else is fair game. And the more I write of it the more ideas I get of where it could go and the more loose ends come together. I have the next chapter of this done and an idea of where the next 2-3 chapters will go but that's about it. I complete some of the stories I have in my head before I write them but this isn't one of them.

Now I'm all bouncey to see who Shika turns to in his hour of... "won't kill the overly pretty jerk off making out with my Naruto" And I have to agree Shika is still a man... I think if this other person and get his juices flowing then they should fullfill each other's needs. I dont know I just want someone in Shikamaru's corner for a while. I worry about him getting so lost in Naruto's shit. In his life being so wrapped up in Naruto's that he's taking it in and on as his own. Sexy Shika/unknown fun... with a side of confused/jealous Narut thank you!

Now I'm all bouncey to see who Shika turns to in his hour of... "won't kill the overly pretty jerk off making out with my Naruto" And I have to agree Shika is still a man... I think if this other person and get his juices flowing then they should fullfill each other's needs. I dont know I just want someone in Shikamaru's corner for a while. I worry about him getting so lost in Naruto's shit. In his life being so wrapped up in Naruto's that he's taking it in and on as his own. Sexy Shika/unknown fun... with a side of confused/jealous Narut thank you!

I have the next chapter of this done and it introduces who he turns to, their relationship will actually be pretty epic and I'm certain that they'll have sex just because it's impossible to see them not having sex. Oh Shika definitely is still a man, he's already assessed the situation and come up with a solution. But Naruto also doesn't see the problem from Shika's point of view because he doesn't know that Shika loves him like that and he's known Shika for a while so he's gotten comfortable with him. Shika has been the same(sort of overly protective) since they were kids and Shika figured out what he experienced.

This person will be in Shika's corner even if it's only for Naruto's sake and their friends want to see them happen too.

Shika is sort of like a spy network, he's got his fingers in everything including Naruto and their friends lives, he deals in information; only he doesn't get wrapped up in it, he's a genius so he multitasks when it comes to problems but he lives his own life and does his own thing. He might be more involved with Naruto but that's because he's got a vested personal interest.

Shika/Unknown sexytimes resulting in confused/ maybe jealous Naruto- I'll make it happen. You're very welcome.

Review Responses for Chapter 23:

moodysavage: LOL. Yeah, go Shika!

Dorkchic: Yeah it was and he did do it to prove a point. How mean of him, but he proved his point to Kimi. Yeah, Shika is good at getting things done.

Actually the way they break up will be interesting and it won't even seem like Shika's fault so it will be really clever. At first I was thinking that I probably wouldn't be able to get them in a foursome but I just figured out a way to make it work, we'll see. Naruto is thick (broad shouldered), long-limbed and muscular with a slim waist, defined legs. He's not really weight lifter muscular but he's tall and sort of like John Cena. Does that make sense? Neji and Kimi were spot on, I actually did find a clip from fight club and was like hell yeah. And Shika in a word would be lithe, covered in subtle muscle. He can give most people a run for their money, he's not on par with Naruto- he hasn't been fighting as long- but if he's pissed he can come close. Most just underestimate him because he's lazy. I can actually see him running, jogging to clear his head or come up with solutions, so I'll do a scene like that in the future and dedicate it to you. Yeah to the long limbs and fingers in addition to the soccer player's build( I was thinking Harry Kewell but not quite, close).

Dear, your mind is a thing of art in itself. I love the way you think so keep thinking like that. Imagine away.

AngelTalion: I think this chapter(the one I just put up) clarified some of Naruto's point of view, it's sort of both their faults even if Naruto is being a bit callous. I loved the Battlestar Galactica reference. The person fascinated by Shikamaru has just been introduced.

Guest Dorkchic

Review Responses for Chapter 23:

moodysavage: LOL. Yeah, go Shika!

Dorkchic: Yeah it was and he did do it to prove a point. How mean of him, but he proved his point to Kimi. Yeah, Shika is good at getting things done.

Actually the way they break up will be interesting and it won't even seem like Shika's fault so it will be really clever. At first I was thinking that I probably wouldn't be able to get them in a foursome but I just figured out a way to make it work, we'll see. Naruto is thick (broad shouldered), long-limbed and muscular with a slim waist, defined legs. He's not really weight lifter muscular but he's tall and sort of like John Cena. Does that make sense? Neji and Kimi were spot on, I actually did find a clip from fight club and was like hell yeah. And Shika in a word would be lithe, covered in subtle muscle. He can give most people a run for their money, he's not on par with Naruto- he hasn't been fighting as long- but if he's pissed he can come close. Most just underestimate him because he's lazy. I can actually see him running, jogging to clear his head or come up with solutions, so I'll do a scene like that in the future and dedicate it to you. Yeah to the long limbs and fingers in addition to the soccer player's build( I was thinking Harry Kewell but not quite, close).

Dear, your mind is a thing of art in itself. I love the way you think so keep thinking like that. Imagine away.

AngelTalion: I think this chapter(the one I just put up) clarified some of Naruto's point of view, it's sort of both their faults even if Naruto is being a bit callous. I loved the Battlestar Galactica reference. The person fascinated by Shikamaru has just been introduced.

I am pretty sure that you are one of the first people in existance to like the way I think! I got this big bubbly excited feeling when I read your response and I have decided that I am going to refer to it as 'getting a fangirl erection'. Squeeeeee! But seriously, if they do all end up in a big puppy pile the only thing that could make it better is if Sasuke somehow found out or witnessed part of it. Heh, it would serve him right for just barging into other people's homes and bedrooms. The whiney, self-important, bitch fit would be epic and most likely halarious. And it would solve the problem of Sasuke just not taking the hint and letting Naruto move on. Option 'B' on that one would involve a camcorder lol, but I seriously doubt that if they all got down to it then anyone would be thinking about setting up home video equipment. Which is a shame because that level of hotness REALLY needs to be preserved for posterity.

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure that you are one of the first people in existance to like the way I think! I got this big bubbly excited feeling when I read your response and I have decided that I am going to refer to it as 'getting a fangirl erection'. Squeeeeee! But seriously, if they do all end up in a big puppy pile the only thing that could make it better is if Sasuke somehow found out or witnessed part of it. Heh, it would serve him right for just barging into other people's homes and bedrooms. The whiney, self-important, bitch fit would be epic and most likely halarious. And it would solve the problem of Sasuke just not taking the hint and letting Naruto move on. Option 'B' on that one would involve a camcorder lol, but I seriously doubt that if they all got down to it then anyone would be thinking about setting up home video equipment. Which is a shame because that level of hotness REALLY needs to be preserved for posterity.

Then you're definitely not appreciated enough.

Interesting name. Paradoxical. It's kinda freaky.

Hmm, that might be a difficult thing to pull off. Maybe he'll hear them speaking about it and a possible encore. We'll see. I'm thinking that when he gets with Shika it will be enough to make Sasuke stop, plus Shika would give him a little 'warning'. Yeah, I'm thinking they'd be a bit busy to tape things too. LOL. I think it will be something they'll remember for a long time to come.

Review Responses for Chapter 24:

moodysavage: You are very right to be wondering about his motives. Of course Itachi isn't doing this out of the goodness of his heart. :D LOL. I was doing my little Shika cheer in my head too and I'm the writer. Go Shika, Go Shika, Go!

AngelTalion: Yeah, Shika/Itachi. Guess you guys weren't expecting that one. It is made out of yum. Naruto will get it eventually, sooner rater than later in this case. It is going to screw Naruto though he's not going to understand why till later. Nope, it's not wrong at all, it makes me happy too.

Anon: Thank you, I like the idea that they'll be plotting and trying to get what they want from each other at the same time. Yep, poor Kimi's not as secure as he should be, with reason though. Thank you, I hope you like this chapter as much too.

Dorkchic: Enter Itachi, stage left. He's also one of my favourites to pair with Naruto so it'll be interesting doing him with Shika but fun I think. Way sexier than Sasuke and as said to anon it'll be awesome to see them plotting. He is going to be helping Naruto by sleeping with the person who loves him. Isn't that funny?

richon: That's right. Though telling might need to wait until Naruto's ready to accept it. Thank you.

Midnight Essence: You're wish, my command. And even more next time.

Guest Midnight Essence

On chapter 25: Oh noes! No Naruto! Don't do it! I hope Kimi refuses him... But Shika/Tachi sounds yummy and I'd never thought to pair them together. I can't wait to see your take on the pairing and Naruto's reaction. And what would it take to make Sasuke turn away for good?! Seriously dude; Stalking will ONLY land you in jail, not Naruto's bed...

Guest AngelTalion

Review Responses for Chapter 24:

moodysavage: You are very right to be wondering about his motives. Of course Itachi isn't doing this out of the goodness of his heart. :D LOL. I was doing my little Shika cheer in my head too and I'm the writer. Go Shika, Go Shika, Go!

AngelTalion: Yeah, Shika/Itachi. Guess you guys weren't expecting that one. It is made out of yum. Naruto will get it eventually, sooner rater than later in this case. It is going to screw Naruto though he's not going to understand why till later. Nope, it's not wrong at all, it makes me happy too.

Anon: Thank you, I like the idea that they'll be plotting and trying to get what they want from each other at the same time. Yep, poor Kimi's not as secure as he should be, with reason though. Thank you, I hope you like this chapter as much too.

Dorkchic: Enter Itachi, stage left. He's also one of my favourites to pair with Naruto so it'll be interesting doing him with Shika but fun I think. Way sexier than Sasuke and as said to anon it'll be awesome to see them plotting. He is going to be helping Naruto by sleeping with the person who loves him. Isn't that funny?

richon: That's right. Though telling might need to wait until Naruto's ready to accept it. Thank you.

Midnight Essence: You're wish, my command. And even more next time.

You meant he bit where he served Shika up to Itachi on a shiny platter?! Yeah that's gonna totaly screw with his pretty blond head. but HA! Deal with it Naru-kun that's what you get for being a blind moron. *not in theleast bitter* I'm SO excited for the next chapters. HEEHEE

On chapter 25: Oh noes! No Naruto! Don't do it! I hope Kimi refuses him... But Shika/Tachi sounds yummy and I'd never thought to pair them together. I can't wait to see your take on the pairing and Naruto's reaction. And what would it take to make Sasuke turn away for good?! Seriously dude; Stalking will ONLY land you in jail, not Naruto's bed...

Unfortunately they will, Kimi wants it too so he's not necessarily going to refuse Naruto- just redirect his attention. I think I may have a thing for odd pairings. But on the other hand, Shikamaru will likely be having sex with Itachi at some point too so there's more of the yum factor.

Poor Naruto's got some suffering yet to come.

Well when Naruto is with Shikamaru, Shika will make his stance exceedingly clear to Sasuke and that will likely make him go away. Some physical action mat be required to make sure his point is made though, who knows?

Sasuke's an obsessive person.

You meant he bit where he served Shika up to Itachi on a shiny platter?! Yeah that's gonna totally screw with his pretty blond head. but HA! Deal with it Naru-kun that's what you get for being a blind moron. *not in the least bitter* I'm SO excited for the next chapters. HEEHEE

Yeah, that. He doesn't quite know it yet but it will screw with him. It will make Naruto take notice of Shika though which is a good thing.

I'm really excited for the next chapters too, things are going to get really interesting. I'm having so much fun with this.

Review Responses for Chapter 25:

moodysavage: Not so much. He expects it of them since they are involved. He's also a bit busy making deals of his own so he'll be insuring soon that they no longer have sex.

Dorkchic: Wow, his ego sure can make a lot of people. LOL. Your example was quite humorous. I'm actually not sure who Itachi will be with after Shika, I don't really want to involve any of the Akatsuki though. My, you've got your own living porno and the images it broadcasts are hot as always. We'll see if we can fit in a shower scene. We'll see with their first sex scene (the wanted kinky/dominance, I mean). I think I circumvented the guilty feelings of sleeping with Kimi. Thank you, I love that you love this story.

AngelTalion: Thank you, I thought so too. Did anyone else think that his chasing after his brother was creepy/obsessive? Again, I agree- they're both just so hot; their both favourites of mine so I thought 'why not?'.

BronxWench: Thank you, I made sure to correct that.

richon: I'm afraid he did. LOL. Thank you.

Guest Dorkchic

Review Responses for Chapter 25:

moodysavage: Not so much. He expects it of them since they are involved. He's also a bit busy making deals of his own so he'll be insuring soon that they no longer have sex.

Dorkchic: Wow, his ego sure can make a lot of people. LOL. Your example was quite humorous. I'm actually not sure who Itachi will be with after Shika, I don't really want to involve any of the Akatsuki though. My, you've got your own living porno and the images it broadcasts are hot as always. We'll see if we can fit in a shower scene. We'll see with their first sex scene (the wanted kinky/dominance, I mean). I think I circumvented the guilty feelings of sleeping with Kimi. Thank you, I love that you love this story.

AngelTalion: Thank you, I thought so too. Did anyone else think that his chasing after his brother was creepy/obsessive? Again, I agree- they're both just so hot; their both favourites of mine so I thought 'why not?'.

BronxWench: Thank you, I made sure to correct that.

richon: I'm afraid he did. LOL. Thank you.

How can I not love this story when it is positively MADE of awesome!

Guest AngelTalion

Yeah, that. He doesn't quite know it yet but it will screw with him. It will make Naruto take notice of Shika though which is a good thing.

I'm really excited for the next chapters too, things are going to get really interesting. I'm having so much fun with this.

Oh I can SEE that in spades! This latest chapter was hot! Very smoking and Itachi is just made of all things bad and sexy and i love it!! I almost feel bad for Naruto cause he just has NO freaking clue... *sighs happily*

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.