Click Here!

edit story

Guest hummerhouse

Guest hummerhouse

I created a story and added two chapters before the edit story button stopped working. I click and it tries to add a story. It will not let me change the take me to from Anime. When I choose something else and press GO it goes back to Anime. I can add chapters by clicking on the story that's posted so far and choosing to add a chapter there, but when I created the story I told it not to let others post to the story. How do I get to Comics and edit my story?

I created a story and added two chapters before the edit story button stopped working. I click and it tries to add a story. It will not let me change the take me to from Anime. When I choose something else and press GO it goes back to Anime. I can add chapters by clicking on the story that's posted so far and choosing to add a chapter there, but when I created the story I told it not to let others post to the story. How do I get to Comics and edit my story?

I noticed that same bug earlier, but now when I try to edit, it keeps telling me there are scripts running on the page and times me out. I'm also adjusting to the new posting format for I haven't uploaded anything in several months.

What you do, is click stop, when it asks. It'll then allow you to continue editing. What happens, is with many of the enormous file inserts that were allowed before, now, when they're loaded up, it takes awhile FOR them to load in the first place. Once they load and you resave it, the chapter then opens easily.

What you do, is click stop, when it asks. It'll then allow you to continue editing. What happens, is with many of the enormous file inserts that were allowed before, now, when they're loaded up, it takes awhile FOR them to load in the first place. Once they load and you resave it, the chapter then opens easily.

I can't get this to work. I hit the stop script button then try to edit, it freezes up on me like 20 seconds later and says it's running scripts again. I tried hitting the edit button which messed up my text and turned it into one run-on paragraph. And when I opened the chapter up to once more try to edit it, scripts started running. I have a new story set to upload at the end of the month, is there some way for me to get over this hurdle?

What I need from you, is what is your operating system, browser, and is your java up to date?

Also, when you added chapters before, did you add them as an exported from word processor html, a text upload, or how did you do it? Without knowing a few things, it makes it harder for me to be able to address stuff for you.

The issue we've been running in to most often where the scripts are bogging down like what you're describing, have to do with bloated file uploads for chapter adds in the past.

We're in the process of REMOVING some of that bloat throughout the database, but that does take some time. Particularly as we can't just run a script to do it, or it could adversely affect the OLDEST db record inserts of this nature, where data was scrambled and we're finding text where it shouldn't be. Like in head statements and what not.

What I need from you, is what is your operating system, browser, and is your java up to date?

Also, when you added chapters before, did you add them as an exported from word processor html, a text upload, or how did you do it? Without knowing a few things, it makes it harder for me to be able to address stuff for you.

The issue we've been running in to most often where the scripts are bogging down like what you're describing, have to do with bloated file uploads for chapter adds in the past.

We're in the process of REMOVING some of that bloat throughout the database, but that does take some time. Particularly as we can't just run a script to do it, or it could adversely affect the OLDEST db record inserts of this nature, where data was scrambled and we're finding text where it shouldn't be. Like in head statements and what not.

I'm using Windows XP and Firefox, I don't know about my java.

When I added chapters in the past I could never get an exported upload to work on this site like it does on fanfiction.net using microsoft word. So I simply used copy and paste. This meant I had absolutely no formatting so I just fixed it to be readable. My chapters are generally long, so I don't know if that's part of the problem. I just want to be able to edit without my chapters turning into this huge unreadable brick which is what happened to Chapter 9 of my story Surreal -- here.

http://original.adul...01674&chapter=9

EDIT: If you are available to speak to me in real time, I do have aol and have added your username to my buddy list, let me know when is a good time to contact you.

Edited by Concepcion33

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.