Click Here!

It's FINISHED!

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
Not to be the voice of bitchyness here, but have you considered the fact that maybe you're getting such comments because your ending wasn't wrapped up properly? I read this beautiful fanfic a couple of years back, ran across it again recently and thought 'yay, the author must have completed it by now.' I reread the whole thing, only to find that no, it had already been completed the first time I had read it, only the way it had ended had been so abrupt and left so many elements unfinished that till this day I would like to hear a proper ending to it. And this was a brilliant, well written fic; the author just obviously had problems in writing endings because her beginning and middle were wonderful.

I'm not saying that is necessarily the case with every reviewer that is going 'update' on a finished piece, but it never hurts to look at your fic again and make sure everything is tied up properly. ^^

While that MAY be the case, it's the job of the reviewer to make sure you understand that, not for me to have to decipher out of a two word post. There's a reason you can leave extremly long reviews. If they're not taking the time to explain to me that I may have not wrapped up the story properly, why shoul I take the time to check every fucking time a reviewer leaves "update soon" or "plz write more soon!" in the review field.

At least now they HAVE to leave their E-mail addresses so I can write them back to let them know the story is ABSOLUTLY DONE and short of the han of frikkin GOD coming down and adding a chapter, it's as done as it's gonna be.

While that MAY be the case, it's the job of the reviewer to make sure you understand that, not for me to have to decipher out of a two word post. There's a reason you can leave extremly long reviews. If they're not taking the time to explain to me that I may have not wrapped up the story properly, why shoul I take the time to check every fucking time a reviewer leaves "update soon" or "plz write more soon!" in the review field.

At least now they HAVE to leave their E-mail addresses so I can write them back to let them know the story is ABSOLUTLY DONE and short of the han of frikkin GOD coming down and adding a chapter, it's as done as it's gonna be.

*nod* Oh, I'm not excusing the people for being rude enough to comment... if you want to even call it a comment, with their little one liners of meaningless. If I had bothered to review the story I was talking about (which I hadn't 'cus it had been finished a while back and I assumed the author wouldn't be watching anymore) I would have been a little more specific, and courteous, than 'Update already!!11!!! TT__TT'

Although, really, I haven't gotten to a point where I truly dislike reviews, even the craptastic ones. O_o I think I'm still just happy someone is reading. XD;; Thankfully no one has really given me a hard time yet.

Well...You do bring up an interesting point. One that I have to take a little bit to heart. Some of my one-shot endings tend to be a little abrupt. Sometimes this is because the story's muse ran out and I tied things up as best that I could, and sometimes I just like leaving it up to the reader's imagination. Believe it or not, sometimes I don't feel like writing a lemon for a particular story, even if the set-up is clear as day. So I leave it at a good cut off point. Honestly, I write enough smut as it is that I don't feel like I'm cheating my readers.