Click Here!

Review Replies - AFF Prompt/Moon

BronxWench

pittwitch:

Oh my, yes, nothing quite as beautiful as a heartfelt kiss shared under the moon. You write these two so well, giving them such width, breadth, and depth of character, that once again, the realm means nothing to me, the two of them means everything. Thanks so much for sharing, PW

Thank you! I'm really glad these two can transcend the game setting. It means I'm doing something right! :D

Fairy Slayer:

It's sweet that the demon's "torture" actually brought the men even closer together, and in the way Wraith had hoped for as well. Even without that, the "softening" on Wraith's part as Alistair comes to check on him is a great bit of character growth on its own. Do they have any clue that "moving on" is how they'll keep going even after their current quest is over? (Maybe I got it wrong, but that's what it suggests to me.)

So, I guess the demon messed up by giving them a glimpse of something that very well could come true? Let me go on record as saying, "There's no way that could ever end up working evil's favor. Nope, not one bit." :P

As my favorite paladin keeps telling me, good will always triumph, right? :lol: And I'm glad the character growth is working as well. I'm sometimes on shaky ground there, so this is good to hear!

Long term is a relative thing for these two. Surviving the Joining means they have about 30 years to live, before they succumb to the taint themselves. Their mastery of it is a temporary thing. But Wraith would be quite happy to spend those 30 years with Alistair, if fate (and an evil author-type wench) permits.

JayDee:

Whoa, nearly missed this! Thought Apollo's was the last in the thread, shows what I get for not looking closely! Missing it would have been a shame, both because the next one you did might not have made as much sense and also because it's great stuff :). The sadness is very real for both of them, and then... hope, and heat, and the final sentence is beautiful.

Also wondered - was Duncan doomed by the game storyline, is it a plot point of yours?

Thank you! I'm so glad the lads are coming across so well! And, sadly, Duncan is doomed by the game storyline. I would have kept him around, if only because I've always enjoyed making him groan with my character's antics... Well, that and all my characters have wanted to sleep with him. :D

I wonder if they were going to keep Duncan originally but then while finishing plannning out the plot of the game, they took a break to play a little office Basketball and then "Hey! We should slam Duncan!"...

...yeah, I hear crickets too.

Heh. With theBioWare devs, anything's possible! These guys give new meaning to the term "batshit crazy"... :lol:

Shadow Knight:

Very interesting, very nice use of the prompt. Finally, they kissed! It was nice. A kiss born of grief, of taint, just like everything good in the game. Nothing comes without a price and all that. I liked the tone of the game. In fact, I think this might be my favourite of all the prompts. I sincerely cannot think of anything to say. Perhaps I'm simply dazzled by your artistry.

"Words were treacherous things, slippery and painful." That, right there, my favourite line. That has made my soul burn with untold envy, to the point where I fear it might consume my very flesh. You are a talented wordsmith, wench. Very talented indeed.

So, in short, I think my reaction can be summed up by Alistair's reaction to a gift: "WOW!"

Thank you! I'm actually somewhat speechless, and extraordinarily pleased that you liked this as much as you did. That, for me, is reward enough.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.