Click Here!

The Prisoner by Nerys

Nerys Dax

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darn it! had to sign in again.

Oh, that happens to me all the time. However, I do post almost simultaneously on FFnet, so you can alert the story there and then read the full version here. I also post on GrangerEnchanted (they've got an alert system, too, I think), but there the story update usually is a tad later due to the submission queue wait.

Review reply to LadyMiya:

OMNOMNOMNOMN (=OhMyNerys ad infinitum) NEW CHAPTER

Now, now, no need to be THAT surprised. xP

Aaaaand I just realised I probably didn't review the last one. Booo. Bad Miya. Oh, well, doing it now!

O.o And you think that makes up for the insolence of not reviewing every single one of them!? Boooo! Bad Miya indeed. Bad Miya needs to be punished. :spank:

Definitely see why Voldemort is liking this guy. Long-term planning, that's the way to go ;)

Long term and convoluted. *Nerys hides* I wasn't talking about our Lord of course, NEVA! *whistles innocently* I meant Jensen, just Jensen. Tom Marvolo Riddle only has marvellous plans that never fail. *slinks off*

"Many times, his perfectly drawn-out plans were screwed over by wordy clients" - Like... Voldemort? *Miya hides*

Oh, come here, I have room to spare behind my couch. We can both hide here, together. ;)

I'm really snickering out loud with this. I love how you lay out the facts to neatly, and that you can make Jensen sound so clever only means that you are so clever, so this is very good manipulation skills from your end, Miss Nerys ;) No wonder you write Voldemort so well.

Why, thank you. Yes, naturally I'm extremely intelligent and clever and all. It's how I'm always right and such. ;) *pats self on back* Well, if I could find my head, where did I put it the other day? Ooooh, you say it's attached to my body? That thing at the top? O.O Nah, you've got to be mistaken. I'd know if that were the case, being all smart and such. XDDD

"Ka-ching." - All this word makes me think about is this song:

Ah, Shania Twain. I actually have that album. ;)

BOOOO! No Voldemort in this chapter either!!! Evil Nerys! When is Hermione going to see her husband again? She has needs! He has needs! I have needs!

ROFLMAO! Everyone has needs. ^^

And you are complaining at me for not letting them have sex; you don't even have them in the same room!

Exactly! I don't have them in the same room, so no chance for them to do it. What's your excuse? You've got them discussing sex while flying (in midair) and then they're NOT doing it at such an interesting, original location. Booo, Miya! I'm taking away your dictator of smut title.

Hermione will see Tom again in the next chapter and there will be smut then

Boooooo. *Miya mutters about evil authors*

Indeed, I'd gladly take that title. Gimme, gimme, gimme. XDDD

Although, it was a very amusing and well written chapter. I really enjoyed reading it. All that planning and manipulating getting clearer and clearer... I wonder when we will see what their plans have all been about. Why is Voldemort so keen on keeping her in the Ministry? Does he want her to become Minister? Naaah... but it has to have something to do with power. Voldemort is all about power. And the real question is, will Hermione go with it, or work against him somehow? It's clear she got plans on her own, but she is also busy trying to figure out what he wants. He seems to think that he know exactly what she is thinking and planning one step ahead. I'm not so sure he will succeed *Miya hides again*

*zips lips* But I did enjoy all your speculating. XDDD Those kind of things are always fun to read in reviews and actually tell an author a lot about whether or not the plot is getting through.

Looking forward to finding out though!! Now shoo, go back and write.

I'd love to, but you're beeping in my chat. What'd you mean, I'm review replying? *whistles really hard*

No, Nerys, don't start review-replying

How did you know?

... No ... Nerys, no! Procrastination is BAD. Go back to the laptop and write!

What do you mean "dogs needs walking?" Nerys! COME BACK HERE! UPDATE SOON!

*waves, while getting dog leashes.* Come on, boys, let's go. Miya just had an excellent suggestion about how I could spend my time. ^^

Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

PS Procrastination RULES!

Review reply to Piper follows:

I'm not a fan of non-canon pairings, but I have to say I am loving this story! Despite some characters being OOC, it's being entertaining, well written, and sexy as hell! Please keep up on this story! On of the top 10 I've ever read. And that's in over 15 years of reading fanfiction! Plus, I'm not just limiting it to the best HP stories, but any I've read in all my years online! :)

Wow! Such nice compliments and that coming from someone who doesn't like non-canon pairings. Thank you. I'll definitely keep up with it, don't you worry.

As for the OOCness, yes, I'm taking a several liberties with this story with regards to characterisation, inserting some traits that haven't been there in canon and having them be influenced by the events in my story. My excuse for that being that canon is from Harry's POV and, despite him being a good observer, he couldn't possibly catch everything. ^^ (Yeah, I'm full of it. ;)) As long as the characters are still recognisable as themselves and not complete OCs, I don't mind a bit of OOCness.

Anyway, thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Chapter 15 review reply to DB1:

@15. Lol loved the chapter!! I love the witty back and forth banter by the lawyers. Kinda reminds me of Boston legal!!! Can't wait to read more. Please please update soon!!

DB1

Hi,

I'm glad you loved chapter 15 and the legal scene.

Boston Legal! I so loved that series, especially the snarky comments they'd make with regards to the inner workings of television series and the great relationship portrayed by Shatner and Spader. *sighs* Too bad it's gone now.

I'll do my best to update asap. Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Chapter 15 review to SRaven_Underhill:

I love how clever Hermione is. I can't wait to read about Riddle's reaction! Another brilliant chapter! Oh, and thank you for recommending my story to others. You're awesome.

Well, it wouldn't be Hermione if she weren't smart. ^^ Besides, it's always fun to have her do something unexpected (in Tom's eyes). *sniggers*

I'm glad you liked the chapter, and you'll see Riddle's reaction in the next one.

No problem. I like your story and just want to say: Don't be discouraged about low amounts of reviews at the start. When I posted my first story, it wasn't until I reached double digits in my chapters that I started getting more reviews. And nowadays loads of people read on phones, too.

So, thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Chapter 15 review reply to Alassea Riddle follows:

This chapter had me ROFLNAO I was rather amused by the whole thing. But no Tom *sniff*

LOL at Hermione actually tricking them XD HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And poor, poor Orator Jensen XD

Great chapter, dear :D

You were laughing your nose off? How very Voldemortish of you. ;)

Yeah, no Tom ... *hides* :safetocomeout:

But he'll be there in the next chapter. :yahoo:

It's always fun to make Hermione trick them, especially Tom with his ego. *sniggers* And yes, poor Jensen, I'm sure Tom won't be amused at all. Jensen-> :wwe: <-Tom

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. And thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 15 review reply to Gabby0515 follows:

Good chapter. I was hoping Hermione would be able to see Tom but that will come soon no doubt.

Thanks. Yes, she'll see him in the next chapter.

Still wondering what Tom is planning on how he is to get out of there. Surely he is planning something.

Surely, he is. ^^

I like Jensen and to hear he was a Hufflepuff made me laugh. I always see Hufflepuffs as the nice stay out of people's way types. So that threw in a bit of surprise for me.

Aha! I'm always pleased when I can surprise someone. ;) I actually think that the qualities that make a Hufflepuff makes it likely for them to be succesfull in their future careers. Hard workers, good friends, easy to get along with, thus will have a network ... I can definitely see them rise to the top.

Will be waiting for the next chapter I love your writing!

Thank you. I'll do my best to update asap. Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 15 review reply to bonbon follows:

You've made this story even more interesting, as if I thought that was possible. I love the Tom/Hermione interaction, and the fact that we still don't (and may not EVER) know exactly what Riddle is truly after. Wonderful story, and I can't wait until you update again! :)

Thank you for the nice compliments. I'm glad you liked the story, and I'm about halfway into the next chapter now. So hopefully, it won't be too long now before the next update. Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

• 1 month later...

The Prisoner chapter 15 review from Raye follows:

I am in absolute love with your story. I have not been able to drag myself away from it all afternoon. I was most upset when I reached the end of chapter 15 to find that was the last update. I hope that we won't have to wait long for the next chapter.

I'm sorry for the late reply. I haven't been home in about a month and didn't recall my password by heart to this forum. *blushes*

I want to thank you for your amazing review; I'm glad you loved my story so much that you kept reading on. I'll try to do my best to finish the next chapter asap.

Thanks again for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

• 2 months later...

Review reply to Bia follows:

PYou have to update soon. It's been far too long :)

But I'm hibernating. It's winter! ;)

Jokes aside, I'm sorry about the delay. I really am. I'm nearly finished with my Tomione secret santa fic and then I'll get back to my WIPs.

xx Nerys

Review reply to India follows:

I do so wish that you continue this story!!! It's beautifully written and has even made me laugh aloud, snort and get angry at your characters. That is a truly good writer! :D

Thank you very much for the nice compliments. I'm always pleased when I hear I made readers laugh (since I think that's the hardest to achieve) and get so into the story that they feel emotions about the characters.

I will definitely continue this story. I just have to finish a secret santa fic first and it's been a hell to write that one. However, the deadline to that one is in a couple of days and after that I can go back to my WIPs like Prisoner.

Thank you for reading and reviewing,
xx Nerys

• 1 month later...

Review reply to Reriddle:

I know its only been one chapter but I already miss Tom.

Ah yes, I miss him, too, when I'm writing these chapters - after all, I'm writing these fanfictions for the Tomione ship. However, sometimes you need them, but I prefer the chapters with interactions between Tom and Hermione. *pouts*

Love the little Ginny blow up at the rest of the Weasley's. Twas a very good scene, and the way that you pulled Ginny's perspective of Riddle into the story was great.

Thank you. I wanted someone in that household to stick up for Hermione, and after weighing all the characters, I figured Ginny would be the one who I could give enough background to do this without it being OOC that she's not supporting Ron.

Poor Lulu! He just misses his Cissy. Your characters are always amusing.

*sniggers* I always have a bit too much fun when writing Malfoys. They're just so useful to torment. ^^

Anyway. Continue writing, I hope that you finish this story, because I would honestly hate for it to go unfinished.

I will definitely continue writing. Right now I'm in the process of working on another chapter of The Apprentice, but I'll get back to Prisoner later. Prisoner is not that far from the end now. Despite that I sometimes have a bit of a hiatus between chapters (writing fanfiction is something I do for fun, not work), I will always finish my stories. I've got them plotted out before I start writing and posting, so I know where it needs to go.

xx Nerys

• 1 month later...

Review reply to Mark's Pet:

"Nerys,

I have been away and am catching up on my readings.

As always, I LOVE this story!!! Tom is so DOMINATE and so SEXY *fanning self*!! Hermione is submissive, but also very devious *chear*. I laugh so hard at Lucius' antics and snickered at Jensen's delima.

However...I am upset to see that you have not revised this WONDERFUL story since July 16, 2012 *boo, hiss*. You have COMPLETED other stories and I am glad of that. But this is such a treasure, that it need to be un-earthed more. So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let the muse out and write more of this AWESOME story!!!!

I will get down and beg, it that is necessary. Just let me know!"

Hi,

Glad you're back and enjoying the stories. ^^ I had a lot of fun writing the Lucius and Jensen scenes, so good to hear you enjoyed them, too.
I'm sorry about the delay in updates. I had a secret santa tomione to write and Chapter 16 is being a gsgghldsgk to write. I'm still working on it, but it may be a bit longer still. No need to beg though, I will finish this story. I just need to figure out this middle bit.
Anyway, thanks for reading and reviewing,
xx Nerys
Edited by Nerys Dax

Review Reply to Bartimeaus:

Really intresting fic...especially the pairing which i presumed was impossible in this world except in crack fics and likewise. Not only the story raises a few good base but actually developes from it.Looking for another chapter soon..

Hi,

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I personally love the impossible pairings; they're a challenge. ^^

I'm sorry about the delay in updates, but the middle bit of this story is giving me some major troubles. If chapter 16 isn't doing what I want soon, I may go for the non-chronological approach and write out the end first.

xx Nerys

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Review reply to SL:

One of the most interesting stories I came across here! LD - HG dynamics is anything but 2-dimensional; plus the plot twists that have been slowly unfolding

I hope you will continue to write and finish the story!

Hi,

I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I will definitely continue and finish it. It's nearing the end. I just need to figure out the transition chapters to the end, so it may be a little while longer before this one gets updated. Sorry.

xx Nerys

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Curious

I really cant wait till you update!This story is one of the best Ive read despite the impossible pairing. You made it very believable and fun to read. Im wondering how many more chapters you are planing on having?

• 3 months later...

I really cant wait till you update!This story is one of the best Ive read despite the impossible pairing. You made it very believable and fun to read. Im wondering how many more chapters you are planing on having?

Sorry, I haven't been to the AFFnet forum in a while, so I didn't know you posted this. I get email alerts for reviews on the site, not for forum posts. Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying The Prisoner and find it fun and believable. I have to say that for me the fact that it's such an impossible pairing is all the fun of writing this ship. I love a challenge. As for how many chapters are left, well, from past experience I've noticed that I'm not very good at guessing the length still necessary, but I would estimate about give or take six chapters before I reach the epilogue.

xx Nerys

review reply to LadyBaudelaire follows:

"This is Amaaaaaaazing! Please post next chapter ASAP!"

Thank you. It's good to hear my story is liked. I'd love to post the next chapter asap, but it sucks and I want it to be right. I've written many versions of the next chapter now and none are quite it. Until I'm satisfied with what I got on some level, I won't post it. The trouble with writing stories and posting them as you write the chapters is that you can't undo an error (well, not without doing the, for readers really annoying, deletion and reuploading, which is something I want to avoid at all costs); plus, so close to the end, I don't want to screw this plot up. I hope you understand. Anyway, thanks for reading and reviewing, and I will do my best on the next chapter,

xx Nerys

• 2 months later...

Reply to chyara:

"I love this fic. I hope you are able to finish it."

Hi,

I'm actually using The Prisoner for my Nanowrimo submission in order to get it finished. I don't think it'll take another 50,000 words, but I've got other WIPs so I can always use them for the remaining words to fulfill my Nanowrimo obligation. So, come December, it'll be edited and then posted after that, if everything goes as planned.

xx Nerys

P.S. If you want to see how my writing on the Prisoner is progressing, my nanowrimo is http://nanowrimo.org/participants/nerys-dax

Edited by Nerys Dax

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Gabby0515

Chapter 15 review reply to Gabby0515 follows:

Thanks. Yes, she'll see him in the next chapter.

Surely, he is. ^^

Aha! I'm always pleased when I can surprise someone. ;) I actually think that the qualities that make a Hufflepuff makes it likely for them to be succesfull in their future careers. Hard workers, good friends, easy to get along with, thus will have a network ... I can definitely see them rise to the top.

Thank you. I'll do my best to update asap. Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

PLEASE say you haven't abandoned the story. I will be super sad.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.