Click Here!

The Prisoner by Nerys

Nerys Dax

Not your spelling or grammar (mine is so horrible I rarely notice) No instead of quotes when some one speaks instead of " it begins with ë and when there are end quotes there is í. There's also random Ö. I tried it on different Browsers but it's the same with Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.

And when I was speaking of the beginning of a chapter it was in Masters of Manipulation. It's not until later chapter of the Prisoner and the Apprentice that those odd letters stop.

OK, that's weird. Those letters are definitely not supposed to be there. I have no idea how, what, why they got there. Maybe some kind of internet coding? What's even weirder is that they don't show up on my screen. So, I also have no idea why you do see them. I've not heard comments about them before either from other readers, but I'll ask around. Thanks for informing me about it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://hp.adultfanfi...hp?no=600093866

http://hp.adultfanfi...hp?no=600017316

http://hp.adultfanfi...5564&chapter=25

Actually all of them are doing it now.  I was going over some older favorites both in Hermione/Voldemort and Hermione/Draco, and the older stories all have it.  Some, like yours are horrible and have it very noticeable in every chapter, but others just have it occasionally.  I also reread Serpent In Red's Somewhere in Time and none of those chapters have it.  Am I just going crazy?

Also, since no one else seems to see it, I have a Mac with the new Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I use Firefox.  Honestly I only just found your story, so I don't know if it happened before I did the upgrade.

I checked all three direct in the database. I'm seeing nothing at all with the data like what you are describing. Not in the raw form in the database, nor in the archive.

Which version of FF are you using? Do you have addons you're using? One of them may be at issue. One other thing to check is the default character set. Try switching to Western (ISO) from Western (Mac).

I checked all three direct in the database.  I'm seeing nothing at all with the data like what you are describing.  Not in the raw form in the database, nor in the archive.

Which version of FF are you using? Do you have addons you're using?  One of them may be at issue.  One other thing to check is the default character set.  Try switching to Western (ISO) from Western (Mac).

Well that fixed my problem, it didn't occur to me, becasue it's been fine and I've had this computer for years with no issue.  Thank you so much!  And thanks to everyone who helped.

Review reply to somebody french:

You're back! Great! I don't know the details about your illness, but I hope you are fealing better.

Yep, I'm back and feeling better. I hope you don't mind for me not going into details, but for a long time, I didn't even want to mention it. However, I figured I'd better explain why I havean irregular updating style since it seemed some thought I was abandoning my fics, which is definitely not the case.

I enjoyed this chapter so much. Everytime I saw this fic , I kept screaming in my mind "What is number 7???!!!!!!"

*hides* Yeah, I know... it was a horrible cliffhanger to leave the story at for months. *atones for her sins as well by working hard on the next chapter--ignores the cliffhanger chapter 9 will probably end on* Eh, I did avoid one at the end of my last chapter, which is practically a miracle for me. LOL

Of course Ron bails. And is stupid. "Oh! Hermione is very attached to the ring! I should lie to her and replace it with something I found in my pocket! That can't go wrong!"

Famous last words: ;) What could possibly go wrong? ROFL

I actualy have nothing to say avout the Tom/Hermione scene. It just really flowed and gave information in a not-so-obvious way; wich is always great.

Thanks. It was what I was going for. I tried out multiple variations of that chapter because I was concerned the info would be too obscure in a dialogue between Tom and Hermione. Since they're rather clever, they wouldn't go into things too much. However, any other way to relay the information about the bond sounded forced in my ears, so I decided to go with a normal dialogue and interaction between them and see where it went. It actually did cost me several drafts to get it somewhat satisfactory.

Hermione won't be able to lie to herself much longer, but there is no way she will react positivly to Tom's last comment. He says she want's to be his, tells her he is going to shape her and that she is dark. That is everything she does not want him to say.

Hmmm... well, I don't think those words coming from him are a surprise to Hermione. She'd likely just roll her eyes and think: Oh, riiiight, suuure, dear, if it'll make you happy to think that. I think she'd consider it a waste of energy to even try to to counter it because you know you won't convince him anyway. Besides, some of those things are what she wants ... to some extent. That's the part where they'd most likely differ, the degree in which to do things.

And now, the traditional Update soon!

LOL Working on it. I've actually got quite a lot done already on the next chapter, but some of it needs ... work. However, I am hopeful I can get it up-to-par soon.

Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Review reply to Fleur K.

YAY! This update did not disappoint. I knew it would be worth waiting for :) I love the collar idea and how Hermione got herself into trouble by not fully understanding what she was getting herself into. I can't wait to see what happens when Ron sees the collar or her new ring. Mwahahaha!

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and the idea of the collar. Hmm... well, how much trouble Hermione's truly in remains to be seen, because she did pick that bond for a good reason. Now she might have overlooked something, but knowing Riddle, he's bound to do the same. *hides in a new secure, atomic shelter, positive he's not getting in. What's that creaking noise?*

Many hours later and after several limbs have been reattached.

OK, Ron seeing the ring and the collar ... well, whatever makes you think Hermione can't hide those from him? XDDD

However, don't worry ... your evil laughter is not in vain. You will be able to use it in the next chapter. ;)

xx Nerys

Edited by Nerys Dax

• 2 weeks later...

Review reply to Rehtak:

So let me tell you, I have never read any sort of Tom Riddle pairing before, but this is absolutely delectable. I can't wait for more. That's all. I just wanted to let you know just how addicted I am becoming to this Tom Riddle of yours. Just lovely. Oh and also, this does remind me a lot of the Maggie Gyllenhaal, but maybe that's only because of the spanking and dominance... Anyways, lovely job. Hope more comes soon.

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying your first Tom Riddle pairing. The Dark Lord would be pleased. ;) Thanks, I'll do my best to update soon and get you more. I am turning quite into the "little" dealer here. LOL

Hmmm... the Maggie Gyllenhaal? As in the actress? I googled the name, but I don't see any book series under that name--I only get her. Could you tell me what you meant? I mean if it's a book on BDSM, I am definitely interested to read it. And if you meant the actress, I am not getting the resemblance since I don't think her appearance is very Hermione-ish; but eh... that's just my humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own.

Thanks for the kind compliments and I am working hard on the next chapter, so hopefully, it won't be too long a wait. Thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Edited by Nerys Dax

Review reply to mrequecky:
Oh wow, I guess with all that power Hermione has got now, a simple somus can put a person to eternal sleep... Loved this chapter!

I'm glad you've enjoyed the chapter. I am working hard on the next one. Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Watch me dodge the first sentence of the review expertly and unnoticably.
;)

Review reply to Alassea Malfoy:

OH! This was... wow...<br />

I do like the friendly relationship between Neville and Hermione.<br />

And that Parseltounge translation was simply so believable. :)<br />

Wonderfully done once again.<br />

<br />

Hugs and butterfly kisses<br />

Your<br />

A. Malfoy<br />

(A.k.a. Chamilia Luthien Tinuviel in FF.Net)

Thanks, it's to good to hear you enjoyed the chapter. As for Neville and Hermione, well, I always saw those two as friends in a way, I think it's the sitting together in classes and all. And I can so see Hermione as the type of person to want to help clumsy Neville because he's such a likeable boy. XD

*wipes forehead* I'm glad the translation was believable. It was rather difficult to figure things that could be seen as written Parseltongue and at the same time make it a complicated language to learn. I had fun with it, but it was hard to write, especially when the professor starts babbling (in his own little professor universe). LOL.

Anyway, thanks for reading and reviewing again (btw. ffnet search engine doesn't give any results with that name; did you perhaps have a typo in it?),

xoxox,

Nerys

Review reply to temptress of nite:
that was awesome!!! he must be after a baby dark lord with her on all that fertility potions even if they were doctored up she wasn't on protection .... so tell me does she get preg?????

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hmmm... do you honestly believe Lord Voldemort wants a child? Well, whether the answer is yes or no, I'm soooo not telling.
:P
You'll just have to wait and see.

xx Nerys

Review reply to somebody french:
Okay, I have to start with the Paserltong part. That was amazingly complicated, and I admire you for making it all sound so realistic. I think that Pr.Eleftheriou (Gesundheit) doesn't sleep at night.

Well, he sleeps forever now. XD LOLs about the "Gesundheit". *whispers* I had to check back every time I used his name if I kept writing it correctly.

However, it's good to hear you enjoyed the Parseltongue language bit.
I shall make no comment about what I think of Ron, because I can go on and on.

Aww... poor Ron isn't even in the chapter and still he gets some review lurving.
;)
Oh Neville! You made it on this story! By the way, your Grandma is awesome.

Hermione gets really good things out of Tom( in many, many ways). I wonder, if people figured out that she cured Crucio induced madness thanks to Lord Voldemort, how will they react?

Yes, his Grams is. I so loved it when in DH she pwned those DEs and fled, sending Neville a letter to go on as he did.

Well, Neville already knows that she got it from him--he said so in this chapter. But yeah, his reaction is probably not the norm to how everyone will react. *snnnrks*

In many, many ways indeed. *grabs voodoo doll and starts stabbing*
"Her heart skipped a beat. She knew."...I'll just wait it out.

LOL
Wait, he died? Did he sleep himself to death? Or is it the collar again?

The collar is just a piece of jewellery; it doesn't do anything by itself. It's their bond that causes things to happen. It's the bond that made that collar tighten on Hermione when she tried to take it off. Not the collar itself.

Yep, he died. And how he died... well, you'll find out later. Sowwies. *hides*
So good chapter, lot's of information and cliffhangers. Looking back, I realized that Hermione has already changed a lot since the beginning of the story. I think you can handle your character arcs really well.

Thank you for the compliment about characterisation. I do my best. And I'm also happy you liked this chapter. Cliffhangers, what cliffhangers, where?
;)

xx Nerys

Review reply to Elisa:

I just love the way I have no alerts on this site and come here when remember - and get some three new amazing chapters to read;D So yeah, I love you for that;P This actually is the most sexually satisfying piece of fanfiction I'm currently reading, not to mention the plot and of course, our Dark Lord leaves me speechless once again;D Love Him! Hmm, love is a stupid emotion, but what can I, a weak human, do about it? You are my hero, lady:P And I wish you a most productive evening >
:D
<br />

<br />

Elis

Hi,

Well, if you want alerts, you can always subscribe to the story on FFnet. I usually update simultaneously here and there, so when you get an alert there, you can go here and read the "entire" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) chapter.

But I suppose reading three chapters in a row is fun, too. XD

"Most sexually satisfying" - Wow, thank you for that. I do my best on the smut, but I usually just write what I like since not many people leave explicit feedback behind on smut scenes, which means I am often just winging it, hoping it's what the readers like, too.

Ah, our Lord, yes, he's delicious in his evilness. I love writing him. It's such great fun.

Oh, the muse is very productive at the moment. Although Miya did a fine attempt at squashing it a moment ago by quoting to me from a very badly written Snapione story. I had to catch my muse by her collar, or she would've fled out the door. And we can't have that. I have Tomione smut to write. XDDD

Anyway, thank you for reading and reviewing, and I am pretty certain the next chapter will be up soon.

xx Nerys

review reply to m0nt:

Poor Ron. Oh well! I love how you make up all these theories, it's very interesting. Love the chapter!

Ermmm... I believed you the first time I read it on FFnet, m0nt. I like reviews and appreciate them, but I don't obsess over the amount I got, so you don't have to post the same one on multiple sites to up my review count. I appreciate the gesture though.

And I do understand how the crazy, corny teasing Lady Miya, Serpent In Red and I did to each other the other day on FFnet might've suggested otherwise to you, but that was us having a really bad day and doing whatever we could to make the other laugh, which meant spamming the others' inbox to oblivion with irrelevant Doctor Who Quotes. ;)

Anyway, thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Review reply to IrishPhantom follows:

I reviewed Puppet earlier (2nd time reading it) and said Id review this when you next updated! Hermione is almost as bad as Voldy for wanting to be in control! Cant wait for the next update! Absolute savage story! You and Serpent In Red are legends! =]

I saw your Puppet review and replied to it in the other topic. *sniggers* Well, she wants to be dominated by him, but that doesn't mean she didn't really enjoy having the controls for a moment and affecting him with it. It was fun to switch it around for once. And the fact that he normally is the one dominating her made her even more satisfying for Hermione to be the one in charge of the situation. As for her wanting to control the situation outside "the bedroom", well, yeah, that's basic survival skills. XD

I'll do my best to update soon. Thanks for the nice compliments and I'll tell Serp you said that.
;)

Thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

P.S. To Lady Miya:
I'll reply to your long review later when I have a bit more spare time. I gotta run now. *waves*

Review reply to Lady Miya:

Ooookay, doing this again, then. Baaaaah. Hate reviews like that. At least on FF you get a new window so you can't go back a page by accident. Oh, well... here it goes again.

And that always happens when you don't write your review in Word or make a copy along the way. *evil internet*

I was a bit surprised that Tom just ignored Hermione being upset. Although, then maybe he just didn't want her start to crying, because he would no doubt find that annoying as hell.

*snnnrks* Ermm... I hope you weren't expecting him to hug her. I know Yates and Fiennes lurve it, but er... moving on. ;)

He actually ignored it for a reason. She was clearly baiting him, and he couldn't touch her due to their rules. Trust me, he really wanted to spank her with that attitude she showed him there. And it was pretty clear it was what she was subconsciously aiming at. And yes, he didn't want to get stuck with her crying, because that he finds really irritating. So, he did what he figured would calm her down, just leave her be and let her get a grip of herself by not paying attention to the outbursts.

Have you been reading post-modernism theories by any change? I got a vibe about it from this sentence. You have an interesting theory on what magic is, here. However, as we have established before, I don't share your view about what magic is.

ROFLMAO. You don't share my view on magic? As in you don't think it's fiction (which is my view)? ;)

However, if you mean you use a different outtake on magic in your fics; well, I don't have an established viewpoint that is similar in all my fics. I play around with it and use what fits the particular fic best.

Eh, studied Sociology, remember? So post-modernist theories have past. XD

But I guess that is the beauty of fiction, you get to write what you like. (damn you, free speech and all that crap. When I become a dictator in my own country, everyone will have to think like me, OR DIE... what do you mean I have spent too much time writing from Voldemort's Point of View?)

*snnnrks*

"'Really? You wouldn't want to teach me love, change my evil, wicked ways and turn me into a good boy?'" - You can be a good boy, Tommy! All you need is some lurve and hugs and cookies and then you'll be shitting rainbows and have sparkly skin, I promise!!!!!!

ROFLMAO. And don't forget the "You jump, I jump" Titanic dive. *sniggers* Glad you liked that Hermione wanted to drop him on his head. He wasn't that amused. *ouch ouch ouch* And glad you liked that she shocked him with her passing comment about having killed someone. XD

About the sex-scene, then. I liked the first part of it, Voldemort being all controlling and stuff. And I think the whole thing is very in character for him, and fits the plot. But this wasn't really my cup of tea. For some reason, I have never found it even a little bit interesting to read about a man getting a blow job. If it's a part of a much bigger scene, then sure. But I just feel like it's so... boring. But as I said, that's just my humble opinion. (once again, when I become a dictator... ;))

Oh, now you did it. Constructive critism on a smut scene. *Nerys rubs hands* Okay, now I need to know more. What exactly was it that wasn't your cup of tea? Was it just the blow job or the way it was executed? Could I've done something different that would've sparked your fancy (keeping in mind that Tom can't touch her there)? Was it too detailed, too technical, or was it due to Hermione taking control in that scene? Do you prefer Tom on top all the time? Or would a blow job always be something you'd not be interested in reading about? What exactly did you find boring about it? *waiting patiently for more info*

I can understand that Hermione doesn't want to give up her last bit of control. But I hope she does soon. Miya wants more smut :D

Miya just got smut. Impatient smut lover. XP However, there will be more smut even with Hermione not giving up that final bit of safety she's got.

She also wants to find out what Voldemort is planning and who he got on the outside. Although, I guess he got several people on the outside... hehehe.

You'll see. XP

A beautifully poetic description about Hermione finding out her own magical essence. And funny when she suddenly finds herself thirteen feet up the air, tihi. She will have quite a bit of bruises in the morning, I'm sure.

Yeah, I couldn't resist that. She's so "YAY!" and out of it there that I figured it would be fun if she wasn't aware of levitating herself along with the rest of the items and falling on her behind the minute she does realise what she is doing. XD

YAAAAAAAAAAY! Hermione is finally breaking up with Ron!!!!!! Want to read that NOW! NOOOOOOW! (if I were a dictator already, you would be sending it to me... NOW!) Oooh, well. Thank you for a very nice update and chapter and I wish you the best of luck with the next chapter. So. Now this review is over and you can go back to write it. Shooo!

*snnnrks* Well, I have to review reply first of course. XP

And it won't be long before you can read the above bit you want to read, Dictator Miya. ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys (who has to go to the hospital now: waves bye bye)

Okay, more smut criticism, then! Well, I think it's mostly me who is at fault. I just don't find it interesting to begin with when only the man is being pleasured (and I know there are women who get aroused by giving blow jobs, but I'm not one of them, so... yeah, not my cup of tea), and when I don't find it interesting, it all becomes too long. But the intro and him ordering her to touch herself, that was hot, so no need to change any of that. And as always, it's funny when they tease each other (little thing, big mouth). But after that, it just becomes too much "she did that, then that, then that" and when it's something I find boring to begin with, all that just becomes redundant. The only part that I find fun there, is Hermione feeling all smug and powerful when she does it, so that part wouldn't have been wrong to dwell in a bit more. Maybe have her thinking some sort of smugness (as she does so many other time) over her having power over Mr Always-In-Control.

But as I said, that would mostly be for my benefit. I do think many other liked that scene, and there is nothing wrong with it. I would just enjoy it more if it where more smug comments and more focus on Hermione's pleasure. So.... yeah, that was my though, basically!

Okay, more smut criticism, then! Well, I think it's mostly me who is at fault. I just don't find it interesting to begin with when only the man is being pleasured (and I know there are women who get aroused by giving blow jobs, but I'm not one of them, so... yeah, not my cup of tea), and when I don't find it interesting, it all becomes too long. But the intro and him ordering her to touch herself, that was hot, so no need to change any of that. And as always, it's funny when they tease each other (little thing, big mouth). But after that, it just becomes too much "she did that, then that, then that" and when it's something I find boring to begin with, all that just becomes redundant. The only part that I find fun there, is Hermione feeling all smug and powerful when she does it, so that part wouldn't have been wrong to dwell in a bit more. Maybe have her thinking some sort of smugness (as she does so many other time) over her having power over Mr Always-In-Control.

But as I said, that would mostly be for my benefit. I do think many other liked that scene, and there is nothing wrong with it. I would just enjoy it more if it where more smug comments and more focus on Hermione's pleasure. So.... yeah, that was my though, basically!

Thanks for taking the time to explain it further. *big smack on the lips*

Review reply to SarahLuvsZombehs:

This chapter was absolutely fantastic! And shes getting a grip on their combined magic, finally going to end it with Ron. . . Oh happy days. ;)

ROFLMAO! Happy days indeed. ;)

I'm glad you approved of this chapter so much. Hope you'll like the next one, too. I'll try to update asap.

xx Nerys

Review reply to FlyHitsWindow:

Oh my... Lord!! You must be the most gifted fan fiction writer that I know of. This story is so well thought up! It has an unbelivably interesting plot and super steamy sexy scenes! I love the scenes perhaps even more when they focus on Voldemort's pleasure, btw... and Hermione did have her share of satisfaction, just from pleasuring her Dom and being in control for a while...

Oh wow, thanks for the high praise. *blushes* I'm glad you're enjoying the plot and the smut. Yes, that was what I thought, too, that Hermione did get some satisfaction from pleasuring him, even though he left her hanging afterwards. *sniggers at the latter--yep, I admit that I enjoyed writing that a lot* So, you prefer it when it's more focused on his pleasure. Always nice when all the readers are in agreement. ;) However, I'm happy you DID enjoy that scene (glares and sticks tongue out at dictator Miya).

Also, plot-wise, I can't wait to find out who Voldemort's outside contact is! You said "man", so I guess it's not Katie, though I am a bit paranoid about her, don't know why... perhaps because she set Hermione up with Voldemort in the first place and seems to know about Hermione's assassination attempt on him and always seems to have something to hide and... oh well, I'll just wait and see :D

Well, Katie is a Muggle-born witch, so she is basically above approach, isn't she? *giggles and hides* But no, the contact is not Katie. She's being the boss of the sneaky department, which led me to think she had to be quite sneaky, too. And... (zips lips) ... yep, better not say any more.

There are many bits and pieces that I feel are going to play a role in the plot... Like the shields... And didn't Tom take Hermione's ballpoint at their first meeting? Perhaps he wanted to keep it as a trophy, or just for the kicks, or he had another reason... Look what you're doing to your readers, woman! :P

ROFL. Sowwies. What do you mean that sounded really insincere? Look at my face. Isn't that the most innocent, honest face you've ever seen? No? NO! *sobs* Readers are so mean to me. *wails* They don't believe a word I say. T_T

Ah, the Shield Charm Enhancers ... *sniggers* Well, those are just harmless, helpful devices. Look at how useful Ron thinks they are. Isn't that saying everything? *muffled laughter behind hand*

The ballpoint... yep, he kept it. It's part of his trophy behaviour, indeed. Whether or not he'll use it in another manner, I'm yet undecided. It's a possible weapon, which is also why I let him keep it; but I am not sure if he'll need it. So, we'll both have to wait and see. XD

I wish you good luck with the next chapter and thank you for so much fun!

You're welcome and thank you for the extensive review. I love reading the longer ones. It's always great fun to hear what readers speculate about and what they liked/disliked, etc.

So, thanks for reading and reviewing, and I'll do my best to update asap,

xx Nerys

Edited by Nerys Dax

Review reply to Alassea Malfoy follows:

Oh, bravo xD incredible

That woman's reaction was priceless. I cracked there.<

Oh, and

"'Where is your useless husband?'

*in jail*"

that was hilarious

Considering how dark the story is, the chapter had me laughing quite a lot.

I'm glad you enjoyed those things and that they made you laugh. To be frank, for me, darkness needs humour to be bearable. Otherwise, it just becomes one big emofest. And that's just not my thing. XD

Have I ever told you how I love the dominant, sadistic bastard Tom? No? Well, I love the dominant, sadistic bastard Tom. :D See, now I said it.

Well, you and me both. Otherwise, I wouldn't be writing him. I'd ship another couple or worse ... *whispers* a fluffy Tom. *shivers at the thought*

Oh, and about my name in FF.net. Just write "Chamilia". I have no idea why it doesn't work fully.

But then again. FF.Net screws my things up. I can't look for a TR/HG FF in FF.Net without having to go through the search engine. Grr...

Oh, that's weird. Now I do get you. Why wouldn't that work for the full name though? FFnet is weird. And you can't just use the Tomione lists on FFnet? Because their search engine sucks in my honest opinion. I always use this to find the fics (and then change the name Tom Riddle Jr to Lord Voldemort for the other list because apparently, they're two persons, *rolls eyes*): http://www.fanfiction.net/book/Harry_Potter/10/0/1/1/0/3/1962/0/0/1/

BTW. I'm responding here at the moment. If you'd prefer a PM on FFnet the next time, just let me know in the review. I don't do emails, but PMs on FFnet is not an issue.

xx Nerys

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.