Click Here!

The Prisoner by Nerys

Nerys Dax

Chapter 7 review reply to Elisa:

Now listen, my dear. Seven is a great, great number (right, my Lord?), BUT, eight is better. Shut up, Voldemort. (Green light, but I'm still alive. No, Nerys, I really am, but not because you can get away with such insolence, but because of my Horcrux.

Actually, you got away with it because the dark lord agreed with you. He had number 8 on his list for Hermione. XD (I'd hide for the inevitable crucios if I were you, though).

Seriously, I dreamed tonight of killing someone. Pray it's not you, MUHAHAHA. Sorry.)

*haughty laugh* I don't need to pray. See, you're making a slight miscalculation with your threat. Lemme explain it to you: When one threatens someone, one must be willing to follow through on said threat, otherwise the one being "threatened" will laugh mockingly at you. Since, in this case, fulfilling said threat would mean The Prisoner would never EVER get finished and you'd be stuck with that horrific cliffy for the rest of your life (along with everyone else who'd know you were the reason it wasn't going to get finished--yes, this is how you really threaten someone. ;) ), I feel perfectly in the clear to do the following: MUAHAHAHAHA!

Yes, that was me laughing mockingly at you. :P

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. I accidentally found you had a new story and guess what, all seven chapters in one go, my eyes are dying and so was I, but only from pleasure:) Really, you are amazing - but come, leave such a cliffie? Number seven, my ass:/ Me needs more. Pleeease. Please. Please.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

*sniggers gleefully about the cliffy complaining*

But I'll do my best to update asap. I'm a bit behind in my writing due to having to miss my netbook for a while, but now I got it back, so I can write again. YAY!

Mm, this scene where He almost strangles her... Reminds me of the one in Bittersweet.

Crap! Did I repeat myself? I thought I hadn't done a strangulation scene like that before. Oh well, it shows how well my memory is ... not. *grins*

Oh my. Why isn't there a man like Voldemort for me? Why? Really. Makes me depressed;/

Why?

Ermm... because you're lucky? :)

No, my Lord, I'd never suggest you aren't the catch of a lifetime. Everyone knows how wonderful you are and AAAAAAAAAHHH!

*Many, many long hours lately.*

Thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 7 review reply to MarksPet:

OMG, you MUST tell us (your hapless readers) exactly WHAT number Seven is?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It will be in the next chapter that I just started writing. *whispers:* I am having far too much fun with the Tom-Hermione situation now. *hides from a furious dark lord*

I loved that Hermoine blew off all of Tom's ideas.

*checks everywhere to see if it's safe to reply* I really enjoyed having her do that. *bolts hideout*

Too bad about the one where she would be the dominate and he the submissive*OK, only minorly*

LOLs about the only minorly.

Yeah, too bad. But I think Hermione is right in her assessment that choice would lead to her inevitable, painful death. Besides, I already established she enjoys his company because he's so domineering au contraire to her husband; so it would be odd for her to choose that one. It would kill one of the reasons she's attracted to him. Although number seven ... *zips lips*

I wish you had a picture of the dress!

Only in my mind. Sorry.

More, please.

Working on it. I apologise for the longer wait. My netbook lost a key. Since I still had warranty on it, I brought it back to the shop and they had to send it to the manufacturer, which naturally took forever. Le sigh. I did try to write some on my heavier laptop but my stupid health issues made that impossible. However, now that I got this little one back, I am getting back in the groove of writing on Prisoner.

Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 7 review reply to Kohomologia:

How much longer? I mean, I check every day, absolutely sure there will be an update. And nothing. I know it's fun leaving us waiting after raising so many questions, but, good lord, have mercy :)

*sniggers*

Actually, if I had known Lady Luck would turn against me, I probably wouldn't have stopped at such an evil cliffhanger. Maybe.

But for some reason, real life sucks big time at the moment. First, I got a netbook breaking down; then, a chapter that just wasn't it got written; and last week, I got sick and had to go to the hospital all of the sudden. Grrr...

However, I got home yesterday and have started on chapter 8 again. So hopefully it won't be too long now. *keeps fingers crossed and glares at Lady Luck*

Thanks for reading and reviewing (and checking every day ;) )

xx Nerys

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nerys

I check everyday too :D Though I wouldn't want to rush brilliance......but you're almost finished, right?! XD

If only ... *sighs*

Nah, real life's been a bitch lately. I hope some of my luck will turn and I'll get some piece and quietness to write, but so far every time I plan to write something happens. Grrrr... It's really frustrating because I have the chapter contents in my head. It only needs typing out.

Anyway, I'll do my best to update, but unfortunately, I don't have a magic wand to take care of issues. *sobs*

Guest Nerys

Chapter 7 review reply to Anon

OMG CLIFFHANGER!!!

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I am addicted to those things. Step one: admit you're having a problem. XD

Freakin A this story is so good!!! I was so bummed that you're putting the Apprentice on hold until you finish this story but once I started reading I got tooootally hooked!!

Wow, thanks for the nice compliments, and that after I bummed you out. Sorry about that, btw, but I've been working on Apprentice for so long now, I needed a bit of a break from it and all its complicated plotlines.

I'm a sub and masochist too so I absolutely love Hermione & Voldemort in this fic its soooo hot!

Well, hot is what I am going for, so I am happy to hear that. Thank you.

Is she going to get pregnant?? Because Ron will know its not his now aahh! XD

*sniggers* Yes, Ron will know now if it happens. Of course, I would never be so evil to do that to Ron. *muffled laughter behind hand* Is that answer enough? ;)

Thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

To everyone waiting for an update:

I'm sorry about the delay. Real life's been insane. I've been sick to the point of having to go to the hospital. I've broken down my netbook, which took a while to get back from the manufacturer. My dog had major abdominal surgery after four days of him having high fevers and me having to use a large syringe to spray fluids in his mouth to get him to drink something every half hour. And now, his belly wound is leaking wound-fluid through the stitches, and he's still having somewhat higher temps. So another trip to the vet and some other antibiotics and all, as if 17 pills wasn't enough already. *head-desks* I'm keeping my fingers crossed he won't develop peritonitis.

Anyway, it may be a bit longer before I have the time to write. Just wanting to let you all know why it's taking so long.

xx Nerys

• 1 month later...
Guest Sanyu

Oh your poor dog. I hope everything works out. I wish you and your doggy the best of luck.

I just wanted to say how awesome this story is. I read all 7 chapters in one go and I'm in love. One question though, if Hermione is taking the fertility potions and she's sleeping with Riddle (since her now ex-husband is sterile), this girl is going to end up pregnant. And if that's case.....how is Riddle going to handle a baby? I don't see The Dark Lord as a....fatherly figure, it's more of something that is a bit of nuisance to him. Can't wait for the update!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nerys

First of all, I want to thank DemonGoddess, Fleur K and Sanyu for the support and best wishes. My doggie is doing fine now. Still, thanks. I really appreciate it.

On with the reviews:

Sanyu "I just wanted to say how awesome this story is. I read all 7 chapters in one go and I'm in love." - Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

"One question though, if Hermione is taking the fertility potions and she's sleeping with Riddle (since her now ex-husband is sterile), this girl is going to end up pregnant." - Really? The thought never occured to me. *sniggers*

"And if that's case.....how is Riddle going to handle a baby?" - Ermm... badly? *ROFL*

"I don't see The Dark Lord as a....fatherly figure, it's more of something that is a bit of nuisance to him." - Yeah, one of those things you have to endure in your quest for power. *hides before HE sees this*

"Can't wait for the update!" - I'll do my best. Alas, no promises. Real life continues to be crazy. Thank you for reading and reviewing.

xx Nerys

lauren " i wish you would update this story! such a cliffhanger!!!" - I know. Had I known life would turn crazy, I wouldn't have ended it on such a huge cliff, but alas, I am no Seer. I'll do my best to update soon though. *keeps fingers crossed the world won't fall apart again*

Aria "Updates?? I miss this story" - Well, I've got X version of chapter 8, none of them up-to-par, but I think I finally got the right form for the next chapter. I'm about 1/4 in and it feels right this time. So hopefully, it won't be long now.

LDeetz "Will you be completing this story?" - No, I just love leaving you all hanging on that horrible cliff. Muahahahahaa! ;)

Thanks for reading and reviewing everyone,

xx Nerys

Guest Fleur K.

Yay! I am so glad to hear both you and your pup are on the mend :) I recently had to take my puppy to the pet hospital. It was awful. I definitely understand the stress that can bring into life. I'm looking forward to your next update, I'm sure it will be fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nerys

Prisoner ch. 7, review reply to Gracie

"Update before I go mad!!!" - Oh dear. *hides*

review reply to Liz

"Please, you have to update and continue this before I freak out! I've been let down with fanfiction so many times already, and I just want to be able to read an amazing story up until the end when it's fully finished. So please, write and update when you can :)"

Don't worry, I'll finish this fic eventually. RL has just been getting in the way lately of my writing time. I'm glad you've found this fic amazing. Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

to Fleur K.

Thanks for caring. It was really awful, but he's perfectly fine now. If only I could say the same about myself. Every time I think it's improving, ze body begs to differ. *snnnrks* However, I am writing again, though slowly. So, hopefully, an update soon. I miss tom and hermione. XD

waves,

Nerys

The Prisoner, Review Reply to Siobhan:

This is amazing. I honestly havent been able to stop reading this! I cant wait to see Riddles reaction to Hermione choosing number 7. And Im curious as to know what the rules and details are for number 7. And I cant wait to see how Hermione deals with Ron.. things are getting so exciting!! Wonderful work :)

Thank you for the kind review, it's always inspiring to hear someone likes my story. Well, everything concerning number 7 will be cleared up in the next chapter, including Riddle's reaction. Depending on how long the smut will make the chapter, I will have a Ron and Hermione interaction in the next chapter at the end, or at the beginning of the chapter after that. I really am doing my best to update asap, but it's taken me long to write due to health issues. I've already written out the entire story in my head a thousand times. Now I just have to type it out. Anyway, thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Review reply to Alassea Malfoy:

*disappointed*<br />

Aren't you going to continue? I love it very very much. Pwease, pwetty!
:D

I take it the disappointment stems from the inability to read on and not the fic itself since you stated later you loved it?
;)

Actually, I am close to sending the next chapter to my betas. It just needs some fiddling and tweaking here and there and one scene needs to be rounded up (Tom and Hermione can be unbelievable chatters), but then I'll be done with chapter 8. Once I get it back from them, it will be updated immediately.

xx Nerys

Review reply to Lady Miya, ch. 8:

I get home from having finished my exam and the first thing I see is that you have updated?! THERE REALLY IS GOODNESS IN THE WORLD!

LOL

Nope, I do not feel sorry for Ron. But I do think the scene is hilarious! And of course Moody have a story for someone who made the mistake of wearing his/her wedding ring! Oh, I sooo want to see how Hermione and Ron will bicker when she sees that he is wearing a new ring... although, I think he will have more reason to be upset since she is married to a new man. That kind of thrums it...

Yeah, I definitely think that trumps it. So, she's more likely not to comment when she notices Ron is wearing a fake wedding ring. She'll be doing the same after all. XD I'm glad you enjoyed the scene. Yeah, Moody saw problems everywhere. Though, it's understandable how he got so paranoid.

'It's why you're so attracted to me.' - And the other way around as well, I think, Tommy-boy.
Not my words, yours. I have nothing to do with that sentence. *hides*
What's the collar for? I don't remember any mentioning of a collar before?
I didn't mention it before. Hermione looked into the box but didn't comment on the contents in chapter 7. And well, collars are for... Do I really need to explain that, Miya? *sniggers*

Actually, I realised I might. In the BDSM scene, collars have a specific meaning. If you wear one, it means you belong to someone. You have a Master or a Dominant and you're either the slave or the sub, or however you decide to name what you both are in the relationship. Hence, I figured adding the collar to the box would be in compliance with Hermione's wishes. The rings are naturally the old-fashioned way of showing they're married. The collar shows the nature of their relationship. I think this will become clearer in a future chapter, but I figured I'd explain it now since it's not really a spoiler to those versed in BDSM culture.

Huh, do you usually change POV in the middle of a scene?
- It was after a paragraph, so that's why I felt the POV change wasn't a huge issue. I didn't want to get repetitive by doing the whole scene from both their POVs, so I decided not to care about the change because some of Tom's POV was necessary.
Anyway, hoooot smut. Nice, nice, nice. I think I'd like to trade place for Hermione a little while...
Don't we all. Le sigh.
Oooh, the collar came with the marriage bond. Yeah, I got that... I wonder what it really says on the collar. More than "Property of Lord Voldemort". Which I don't think it says. Perhaps something like that, but not those words exactly. Probably Tom Marvolo Riddle instead ;) Voldemort just don't want to say that.

*sniggers* You might be on to something there. *hides more securely*

Ooooh, well. Thank you for updating, I really enjoyed this chapter :) Good luck with the rest of the writing!

Thanks, and I'll talk to you later. I hope your exam went well?

xx Nerys

Edited by Nerys Dax

Review reply to iheartskittles:

So worth the wait! Thanks for the update! I hope things get better for you in the real world!

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And it's going somewhat better at the moment. Thanks for your best wishes and for reviewing, naturally. :)

xx Nerys

Review reply to silentsoliloquy82

Oh my goodness, you updated! :D I have been thinking what I should say in reviewing your stories, but could not come up with the proper words to express how much I adore them. You are one of the best writers with this particular ship in my opinion and I love all your stories. :) The last chapter was so seductive, sensual, and extremely vivid; I could see it clearly in my imagination. Voldemort got Hermione good when she thought she had outsmarted him, lol. I apologise if this review posted twice, aff.net is being quite evil.

Yeah, oh my goodness indeed. LOL. *falls of chair in shock herself* XD *climbs back on and then drops again from all the nice compliments.* Thank you for liking my Tomione stories this much, I really appreciate hearing that.

And that's how I intended the chapter to be, so it's great to hear it came across as such.

Yeah, well, that's all the fun of these two. They think they got the other one, but then that person does something and completely turns things around. I love the play-by-play you have with these two characters. XD

Nope, it got posted once. Had issues with the "evil box of impossible to read letters"? I always do.

Anyway, thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Review reply to Liz:

This chapter just made my day complete. I'm so glad you're feeling better! (You are, aren't you? I hope so!) And I'm so glad, when I saw chapter 8 was up I almost fell off my chair! Words can't describe this feeling of glee. I love this story so much and can't wait for you to write more :D

Yeah, I'm feeling somewhat better. Hence, the writing and updating. LOL. Thanks for asking.

Oh, another chair-faller *shakes hand*.

Anyway, I am glad you enjoyed the chapter. I'm already far into chapter 9 so I'm not expecting that to take months. ;)

xx Nerys

Review reply to SarahLuvsZombehs:

*worships* I love your story so much. I was so happy to see an update, especially since I hope this means your personal life is doing better? :)

Yeah, it's going better. And I hope to update the next chapter soon. I'm already far into it, but it's getting ridiculously long again. XD

And the chapter itself was phenomenal, poor Ron is going to be so surprised when he realizes the real reason why his ring is missing. *chuckle* Poor guy won't know what happened. :D

Glad you liked the chapter. Yeah, Ron isn't aware of his competition yet. *evil sniggers* He's about to find out though. *evil sniggers turns to evil cackle*

I can almost picture Hermione with her. . . slave collar? xD

Well, I'm thinking she'd define it as sub. Slave is probably a step too far for her since she's already having a hard time acknowledging her feelings about wanting to be dominated. One moment she does, the next she fights against it.

*claps happily* I'm loving this story, can't wait for an update. :)

xoxo

Reine

Thank you. As said before I don't think the next update will be too long a wait. Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Review reply to Alassea Malfoy:

Alright, fantastic! I love how it went from her being triumphing to him. Mmm... I would have loved to hear our dear Tom speak Parseltongue. The way you describe it makes it... hot :D

Thank you. Well, it's always fun to torment characters, and nothing is more frustrating than thinking you've won and the situation turning on you. XD

Aaah, yeah, Parseltongue. *drools* I've always loved how they made it sound in the movies (tries to eradicate the hugaboo, tower dive, cheerleading and all other things Yates out of her mind). And I realised not so long ago that I've never really used that in a sex scene. So, I decided it was about time. I'm glad you felt it seemed hot. That was my intention. XD

xx Nerys

Review reply to SARA:

After reading this story I wanted to read your others. However the formatting is very strange and I find it distracting. Is there a reason that the formatting is different. I would really like to read these but like I said it's hard to will the strange letters.

Oh, oh... O.O *goes to check the other stories in case the text got pushed together and apart again* .... Hmmm, that's odd. The format is normal for me in chapter one of Apprentice. I asked a friend to check and the text is normal for her, too. Are you using IE as a browser perhaps? Because in IE, I have problems reading the stories, too.

Strange letters? I don't think AFFnet supplies other lettertypes, and on my screen, there the same as in Prisoner.

he list was titled Keepers of…, and the

‘Accio Portkey!’ Hermione tried.

Nothing came. It was when she saw he was holding it. Lord Voldemort whipped his wand around.

‘Protego!’ Hermione yelled, frightened;

That's weird. You're missing a huge chunk of text there between "...and the" and "Accio...". That's not the case on my screen. I have no idea why it's like that on your end. Unless ... you copied and pasted it this way and these are your examples of the formatting problems? As in punctuation issues, etc.

If it's the spelling and grammar errors that are bothering you, well, those stories are older and I am not a native speaker. I got better at it over time but when you're reading the stories in reverse, you have to deal with some annoying homonyms, punctuation errors, etc. I'm going to edit them, some day, when I am done completing the new stories, when I am in the mood for it, when *insert any and all other excuses*. So, not right now. LOL

So, sorry, I can't help you at the moment. It's as it is. Thanks for liking Prisoner though,

xx Nerys

Edited by Nerys Dax

Review reply to Relatela:

Yay! I'm glad you're back and well =) This was a greatt chapter and I'm looking forward to more =)

Yeah, I am back and feeling better. Thanks for caring. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to update soon. I'm already a long end into the next chapter, so I hope it won't be too long. Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Oh, oh... O.O *goes to check the other stories in case the text got pushed together and apart again* .... Hmmm, that's odd. The format is normal for me in chapter one of Apprentice. I asked a friend to check and the text is normal for her, too. Are you using IE as a browser perhaps? Because in IE, I have problems reading the stories, too.

Strange letters? I don't think AFFnet supplies other lettertypes, and on my screen, there the same as in Prisoner.

It was the last few chapters of your competed story Masters of Manipulation. Where I see this bizarre next. The first few chapters of everything is fine, it's just later.

It was the last few chapters of your competed story Masters of Manipulation. Where I see this bizarre next. The first few chapters of everything is fine, it's just later.

But you gave me an example of Apprentice in your review. That example was from chapter 1 and now you say the first chapters are fine? O.o

Hmmm... I checked MoM, and I do see that some paragraphs have moved together for some reason, but it's not that bad and unreadable on my end, so somehow, I doubt you meant that. Bizarre text? I'm really not seeing it. Are we talking formatting or just my insane spelling/grammar errors? Well, anyway, whatever it is, considering I'm going to edit these stories in the future, I'll get to it then.

Edited by Nerys Dax

Not your spelling or grammar (mine is so horrible I rarely notice)  No instead of quotes when some one speaks instead of " it begins with ë and when there are end quotes there is í.  There's also random Ö.  I tried it on different Browsers but it's the same with Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.

And when I was speaking of the beginning of a chapter it was in Masters of Manipulation.  It's not until later chapter of the Prisoner and the Apprentice that those odd letters stop.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.