Click Here!

Soldier Boy

Macha

It was requested I use the forum to respond to reviews. So here I am. :)

Hiei08 - There was a time when my muses had thought about throwing Vegeta and Tarble together - as you pointed out the incest warning is on the story already. However, as in real life, just because something is good for one couple, doesn't mean that it would work for another, and in the case of these two muses (for this story, mind you) they didn't wish to cooperate. :( The focus of the story was to remain on Goku/Gohan. :) Thanks for the encouragement though! I hope the DBZ special comes out in English soon!

lolistar71 - The length of the chapter was based on where best to make the next cut off before jumping into something else entirely. Hopefully the length of this one made up for it. :)

I was really surprised tat Vegeta's reaction, frankly - but he's the one who said he'd have security cameras, and the he would most certainly be watching it, and well...there you have it.

luv-blonde-bunny - well, you'll just have to wait and see, but this story is coming to its conclusion next week. I'll be posting the 9th chapter and the epilogue at the same time.

Topbear - :) Back to one of your earlier reviews for this story - Vegeta can be dark, and I think this Goku had enough of that before he 'found' Gohan. It make being with Gohan an easy decision for Goku.

Vegeta isn't happy, but he isn't willing to kill Gohan over the matter. Killing Gohan to get Goku's attention wouldn't have the end results the prince hoping for, and he knows it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You might be surprised how this multi-chapter Goku/Gohan was inspired.

I have another fanfic I’ve been working on FOR YEARS – unfortunately it’s a little too RL to just willy-nilly post – or at least it is supposed to be more realistic.

So, I have that other too-serious-story going, and one of the things coming out of the UST in it is Goku or Gohan fantasies.

Soldier Boy started out as one of that-particular-story’s-Gohan’s fantasies – and then grew to 9+ chapters.

In this particular case, the Gohan from the other story was trying to find a way to make it…reasonable for Goku to realize he found Gohan attractive in a sexual matter. Thus a fantasy, thus a one timer, that then begged for so much more I couldn’t tell it no. :)

O.o My muses might just perpetuate themselves if I’m given enough breathing room.

Now I understand why they call them plot bunnies.

o.O Scary.

You might be surprised how this multi-chapter Goku/Gohan was inspired.

I have another fanfic I’ve been working on FOR YEARS – unfortunately it’s a little too RL to just willy-nilly post – or at least it is supposed to be more realistic.

So, I have that other too-serious-story going, and one of the things coming out of the UST in it is Goku or Gohan fantasies.

Soldier Boy started out as one of that-particular-story’s-Gohan’s fantasies – and then grew to 9+ chapters.

In this particular case, the Gohan from the other story was trying to find a way to make it…reasonable for Goku to realize he found Gohan attractive in a sexual matter. Thus a fantasy, thus a one timer, that then begged for so much more I couldn’t tell it no. :)

O.o My muses might just perpetuate themselves if I’m given enough breathing room.

Now I understand why they call them plot bunnies.

o.O Scary.

Hmm, why would you say it's a little too RL?

Well, if you decide not to post it - I would love to take a look at it! *shamelessly begging in the politest way*

Plot bunnies, yes. That's (unfortunately) another reason I haven't posted more of Saiyan Instincts. I got more ideas for another little stories as well but I promise, I will not NOT finish it. I hate when other authors start awesome stories with awesome potential... and then... nada. Darn. There should be a rule against that.

I know what you mean about uncomplete stories. Scrambling through websites hoping, someone has MORE CHAPTERS of certain stories...before I find out through the grapevine 'so and so didn't finish before the lost interest in the fandom ' GRRRR!!!

I've tried posting stories several different ways - when I get a chapter finished, when I get a story finished, when I get stuck somewhere in the middle and need the feedback to continue.

When I get a chapter finished –

Anticipation was only supposed to be a two parter – max. Ended up the feedback I was getting kept propelling the story further than I had planned - and then, I either got sidetracked (because it wasn't supposed to be this long in the first place) or ran out of steam/inspiration for it. I feel bad about leaving all those folks hanging. Bad enough I think that is when I decided that (other than livejournal) I wasn't going to post a story until it was complete. That way I couldn't be persuaded to write more than what was intended, or change a story halfway through based on someone’s comments (glad my comment inspired you, btw,- it works for you! Go with it!),

When I get a story finished –

Man am I glad I didn’t start to post Chess until it was complete! I started writing it the same time I started writing Spiral…and didn’t complete it for four years. I can’t imagine how bad I’d have felt if I had had that hanging over my head.

When I get stuck somewhere in the middle –

I started posting Idomu at a different website when I got stuck at chapter 13 and needed some feedback. I’m glad I didn’t begin to post at AFF until it was nearly complete because I received a less than complementary review.

If I’d received Enslavement_Thesis’s comment in Idomu before it was finished, I don’t know that I would have ever finished that story. And it wasn’t even a flame! They didn’t completely understand what had been written, because they were too focused one what they knew of RL to realize I’d made provisions for what she was commenting on.

Yep – way too sensitive for a writer. *sighs*

I’ll try to find a way to email you – in the mean time, you can find my email address in my response to Enslavement_Thesis in the Idomu reviews.

I know what you mean about uncomplete stories. Scrambling through websites hoping, someone has MORE CHAPTERS of certain stories...before I find out through the grapevine 'so and so didn't finish before the lost interest in the fandom ' GRRRR!!!

I've tried posting stories several different ways - when I get a chapter finished, when I get a story finished, when I get stuck somewhere in the middle and need the feedback to continue.

When I get a chapter finished –

Anticipation was only supposed to be a two parter – max. Ended up the feedback I was getting kept propelling the story further than I had planned - and then, I either got sidetracked (because it wasn't supposed to be this long in the first place) or ran out of steam/inspiration for it. I feel bad about leaving all those folks hanging. Bad enough I think that is when I decided that (other than livejournal) I wasn't going to post a story until it was complete. That way I couldn't be persuaded to write more than what was intended, or change a story halfway through based on someone’s comments (glad my comment inspired you, btw,- it works for you! Go with it!),

When I get a story finished –

Man am I glad I didn’t start to post Chess until it was complete! I started writing it the same time I started writing Spiral…and didn’t complete it for four years. I can’t imagine how bad I’d have felt if I had had that hanging over my head.

When I get stuck somewhere in the middle –

I started posting Idomu at a different website when I got stuck at chapter 13 and needed some feedback. I’m glad I didn’t begin to post at AFF until it was nearly complete because I received a less than complementary review.

If I’d received Enslavement_Thesis’s comment in Idomu before it was finished, I don’t know that I would have ever finished that story. And it wasn’t even a flame! They didn’t completely understand what had been written, because they were too focused one what they knew of RL to realize I’d made provisions for what she was commenting on.

Yep – way too sensitive for a writer. *sighs*

I’ll try to find a way to email you – in the mean time, you can find my email address in my response to Enslavement_Thesis in the Idomu reviews.

Well, it seems the site has recovered! Thank goodness.

I think from now on I may wait until I have completely finished a story before posting it but at the same time, I can get inspired by something someon says and then I develop it further, such as your comment about how Vegeta and Gohan hadn't said a word. I realized that simple thing would influence the dynamic of the story and I loved it.

So all in all I would guess it depends on the story itself. Supposed to have a life of its' own right? ^^

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.