Click Here!

What Are You Reading?

Nanaea

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um... wow.

some of the things being read make me feel decidedly..... stupid. because i'm not reading anything of the calibre some of you are. look! ldf stepped into the room. the IQ level just dropped again.

i'm reading lots of series at present. i used to be a very avid Anne Rice fan, but after about... oh.... The Vampire Lestat, she got to be kind of.... crappy. still have my books and i might read them again at some point, but i'm not reading them now.

just to name a few, and they cover lots of territory (i think), i'm reading:

The Harry Potter books

Laurell K. Hamilton-both sets of books

Charlaine Harris-Southern Vampire series

Jim Butcher-The Dresden Files

C.E. Murphy-The Walker Papers

Kim Harrison-The Hallows books

Janet Evanovich-The Stephanie Plum books

Lilith Saintcrow-The Dante Valentine books

Simon R. Greene-The Nightside books

M. R. Sellers- The Rowan Gant books

another series i like but haven't read in a while (i own them. my room is being taken over by books) is the Diana Tregarde series by Mercedes Lackey

i started the Bitterbynde trilogy but lost some of my enthusiasm when i got to the last book. in a move very unlike me, i have yet to finish it.

i've read numerous anthologies lately, one of which gave birth to a whole slew of rabid plot bunnies for a story and also prompted me to go out and get a full book written off one of the shorts in the anthology. it was on dragons. Elves, Faeries, dragons and things of that sort are some of the subjects i love to read about. there are also a plethora of books i've picked up and haven't read yet. some that are turning into a series..... i love to read, but find i spend more time trying to write.

as i said..... i feel kind of unintelligent next to some of you and the books you're reading or have read.... sad.gif

ps: those of you who have read any of Hamilton's books.... if you ever liked the AB series, check out the comics if you haven't already. the art is amazing and, hell's bells, some one drew a damned good version of Jean Claude.....

ps: those of you who have read any of Hamilton's books.... if you ever liked the AB series, check out the comics if you haven't already. the art is amazing and, hell's bells, some one drew a damned good version of Jean Claude.....

I'm waiting for the anthology, damn it! Only a few more weeks.... Oh, and I feel the same way sometimes when I see what everyone else is reading.

I am currently reading The Skystone (The Camulod Chronicles, Book 1) by Jack Whyte and waiting for Deathly Hallows to come out. happy.gif

I'm not very far into it. It's quite a shock after reading nothing but smut for several months, but it's interesting (if slow going). Madapple, I think you'd like it (either that or you'd hate it laugh.gif).

I'm waiting for the anthology, damn it! Only a few more weeks.... Oh, and I feel the same way sometimes when I see what everyone else is reading.

i have the first six individual comics, which will be in the first anthology. there's some great art. i think Nicolas is dead on. and hell.... Jean Claude. ooooh, baby.

i actually plan on getting the hardcover when it comes out. its supposed to be this next week, according to Marvel. i know Amazon lists it in a couple weeks.

actually, there's also supposed to be a two part coming out the next couple months entitled The First Death. its supposed to be set a year before Guilty Pleasures and will show us how Anita met some of the characters in the book.

i'm getting that, too. i'm looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished reading Kitty Goes to Washington and am now somewhere at the beginning of Kitty Takes a Holiday, both by Carrie Vaughn.

Yeah, you could say I like the series. Woe is me that there're only three books (so far).

I'd like to say to that it's kind of like a light-hearted Anita Blake from before LKH went insane, but that'd be a lie. I never liked Anita nearly as much as I like Kitty.

gee, this should be surprising, given the last list i rattled off, but i've found another series that i like. the author's name is Rob Thurman and there are two books so far.

the first is called Nightlife and the second, which i'm reading now, is called Moonshine. they're filled with monsters, mystery, death and mayhem. what more could a bloodthirsty girl like me ask for? biggrin.gif

i'm not reading it seriously, though. if i were, i'd be done with the book already. its only about 300 pages long, i think. give or take. right now, its sitting in the bathroom and i'll read a few pages while i'm in there. i really have to stop leaving books in the bathroom.....

• 3 weeks later...

Currently Waiting On: Vorpal Blade by John Ringo and Doc Travis, and A Desert Called Peace by Tom Kratman. While I wait for them I'm burning through the Honor Harrington books by David Weber.

Right now I am only reading fan fictions, I finished the HP series and now have no other books to read ... except maybe "Hot House: Life at Leavenworth Penitentiary" Since I am an LV resident its been interesting to read about the pen that is only blocks away from my house.

• 2 weeks later...

Honorverse novels, by David Weber. Rather fun guy, too.

Vorpal Blade by John Ringo and Travis Taylor. One's fun, the other is a redneck physcist.

A Desert Called Peace by Tom Kratman. Haven't quite started this one yet, but should be fun.

The Philosophical Strangler by Eric Flin. Monty Python meets Tolkien in the best possible way. From talking salamanders, to God being invented by a man named Joe, its all fun.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.