Click Here!

What Are You Reading?

Nanaea

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire (he also wrote Wicked and Son of a Witch).

I loved both Wicked and Confessions, both are great stories, and I deeply want to read Son of a Witch. I have Lost and Mirror, Mirror floating around right now... hmm

"The Misfortunes of Virtue" by Sade, to be followed up with "The Mystified Magistrate" a collection of short, humorous stories by the Marquis.

I've got a couple of translations of the Tao te Ching (along with other Taoist books); pretty simple philosophy, but it works for me. Since applying the philosophy, I find I rarely stress out. Cool. cool.gif

Charles Dickens Bleak House.

Terry Prattchetts Witches Abroad

Cecilia Dart Thornton's Bitterbynde Nearly finished.

Guest Madapple

I read the Iliad in October, the poetry is beautiful. But then those greeks are always sailing the wine-dark sea, or something equally prsey and beautiful, and passively written.

Next to me at this desk is my latest tome.

Philo of Alexandria: The contemplative life, the giants and selections.

Wish me luck. . .

Guest Serenanna

Last book I read was Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, which is a historical fiction of Lady Jane Grey, the Nine-Day Queen of England. It was interesting, and seemed fairly accurate even if fictional license was taken of course. Now I'm more interested in the time period more (as if I wasn't already).

Other than that . . . manga, manga, manga. Holding out patiently the scan of for FMA chapter 69 since I got the RAW and can't read it. >.<

Sere, who needs to start Japanese lessons, maybe.

Well, I just finished up The Last Unicorn, and now I'm starting Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black. I seem to be stuck on children's books lately. pinch.gif I also have a copy of The Story of My Life by Helen Keller that I intend to read.

Watch on the Rhine- John Ringo and Tom Kratman. Aliens are invading earth, but fortunately some friendy aliens help out. Unfortunately, they aren't that friendly either. Forced to do the unthinkable, the Chancellor of Germany has the last surviving members of the Waffen S.S. rejuvenated so that they might try and save Germany.

"You treasonous bastard! If it wasn't for the Greens you wouldn't have any power!"

"Yes, but now I have the Blacks on my side."

"You side with Nazis, you give them back their symbols!"

"Dieter?"

"Yes Herr Chancellor?"

"Are there any Nazis in the 47th S.S. Korps?"

"Yes Herr Chancellor, there is one. He is a bastard and no one like him, but he is also a good tank driver so we put up with him."

• 1 month later...

I am reading Charles Dickens Bleak House. I am practically hooked on it.

Herris Sorrano- Trilogy of books about a Fleet captain who resigns to protect her crew, hooks up with a rich old lady, and then proceeds to cause a lot of headache for everyone from the Mafia to the King.

I'm reading "The Diamond Throne" by David Eddings at the moment (when I can tear myself away from "From the Looking Glass" that is) - and once Sparhawk is well on his journey I'll go on to "The Ruby Knight" and "The Sapphire Rose" to finish out "The Elenium".

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished Running with Scissors by Augusten (sp?) Burroughs. Great book, I can't wait to read Dry by the same author.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm reading "The Diamond Throne" by David Eddings at the moment (when I can tear myself away from "From the Looking Glass" that is) - and once Sparhawk is well on his journey I'll go on to "The Ruby Knight" and "The Sapphire Rose" to finish out "The Elenium".

Love Eddings. I've read all his work, but I prefer the Belgariad series to the Sparhawk spinoff. Have you read 'The Redemption of Althalus'?

I'm currently reading book eleven of The Wheel of Time series -- Robert Jordan.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently almost half way through Saving Fish From Drowning By Amy Tan. It's hilarious and rather tragic. I don't know what to believe, but I love trying to figure it out.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.