Click Here!

D.Gray-Man

Emi

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF D.GRAY-MAN ON HERE?!

jhdsdhgjskd; Who's your favourite character?

Favourite pairing?

What do you like about it?

My favourite character has got to be Kanda. And my favourite pairing is Kanda/Allen. I don't really appreciate Rinali all that much because she gets really annoying later. :\\\\ I used to like her, too.

What I like about D.Gray-Man is that... it gives a completely diffrent taste of what it means to read something from the shounen genre of manga-- which is usually mecha, sports, supernatural.

D.Gray-Man is a manga/anime where one make weapons called Akuma from a living soul, despair and a machine. Programmed to kill people in order to evolve to another level to defeat excorcists. A fight to gather Innocence and a race against time versus the Earl.

It's very interesting if you haven't read it yet. I didn't think it'd be that good at first, but it COMPLETELY drew me in. I couldn't get out of it. It's just SO good. dflkghdskjghsreo

Guest CreepingKate

I've heard a lot about this D.Gray Man, and I'm hoping the anime will comes to AS soon. Because it sounds really, really interesting. Tell me if I'm right or not (what I've gleaned from Shonen Jump: Allen Walker is an exorcist, he's fighting against evil beings called Akuma while regretting calling upon the Millennium Earl for some kind of help. He also refers to himself as a "sinner", which has some similarities to FMA.

I torrent D.Gray, so.... There are also dirct downloads for the subtitled files. :xxx

What D.Gray-Man have in similar with FMA is that they are both somewhat Biblical.

The Earl of the Millenium does not call himself an actual sinner, but that THEY are the ones who are chosen by God to rule the world while the Exorcists are the devils. And the Black Order's idea is a complete opposite than the one the Earl has.

Allen Walker is an exorcist, he's fighting against evil beings called Akuma while regretting calling upon the Millennium Earl for some kind of help.

Not... really. That's not really what the plot is about. XD It's more about finding ways to defeat the Earl and prevent him from destroying the world and gathering all the Innocence before the Earl does so. XD Did that make sense?

Guest Big Samurai

DGM seems to have a heck of a following, actually. The title comes up a lot in 'fic various discussions on LJ, so ... there is a cult out there, it just hasn't grown to the right size yet.

It's growing slowly, I know that for sure.

:"))))

dfj,hsg;rugs do you have LJ too? :x

Yeah. Do you have LJ too? :xx

And the kjfg;kjdsfhg <-- that. :xx Is a keyslam. hee whistle.gif

I heard about it for the first time today. My son surfs around on you-tube, and he mentioned it to me when I got home from work.

AFter supper, I plonked down here to digest, and after a few posts, decided to check out the anime thread, and hey, two hits in one day. I think I'll check it out. If you say it's like fma, then I'll probably like it, although I don't like religious overtones in any cartoon, I admire it because cartoons don't often deal with such subjects. (Bleach, for one is awesome, and its religious/cultural/etc blend pretty interesting rather than overpowering)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.