Click Here!

official_aff: LJ Community

EveKnight75

I've just come across this community on LJ entitled official_aff.

They claim that they're the official community for AFF on LJ, but I didn't recognize any of the members, including the maintainer.

They do link to the main AFF site on their profile page, but I'm still a bit wary. I'm thinking of joining, but I want to be sure that they're not lying about their affiliation with AFF.

So, are any of you with LJs actually members of this group, or have at least heard of them prior to this?

Guest DarkAvenger

It is, in fact, our official LJ community.

It is run and maintained by Beth, one of the AFF moderators, who happens to also run Fan Fiction Axis. She was the only one of us willing to maintain an LJ community and it was originally Apollo's idea way back when to open it.

(We also had a myspace page, but that was run by Apollo and is not being maintained in any form or fashion that I know of now.)

In any case, I re-joined the LJ community so maybe people will be a little less weary of it from now on.

(I had done some cleaning of my communities list a while back and at the time, people weren't using it, so I simply un-joined to let my listings be more organized.)

My username there is cadkitten, just so people know.

Thanks for clearing that up, DA!

Iggy, I know how hard it is to search for anything on the LJ site. That's precisely why I put the link there - to make things easier.

Now to go join the community. It shouldn't be too hard to get in, seeing as how my b-day's visible on the profile and my entire LJ is dedicated to fic update news for both sites. Hell, you just need to read the latest entry to see that I'm a member of AFF.

BTW, I've added Iggy and DA to my friends' list. Couldn't find the other names yet, but I'm still searching. My LJ ID is eveknight75, so I'll be relatively easy to spot, seeing as how I use the same ID everywhere when it comes to fanfiction.

Guest DarkAvenger
BTW, I've added Iggy and DA to my friends' list. Couldn't find the other names yet, but I'm still searching. My LJ ID is eveknight75, so I'll be relatively easy to spot, seeing as how I use the same ID everywhere when it comes to fanfiction.

Do you want to be able to read my journal entries? My entire journal is friends only, so just let me know.

BTW, horrorgal, I couldn't find you under this name or your pen-name. Add me and I'll make it mutual.[/color][/font]

Thanks Eve, I added you to my friend list. My user name is squallfan1 on LJ. I couldn't use squallfan cause someone was already using it, so I put the 1 on the end. I also added Iggy to my list.

Guest Big Samurai

Hey, if that LJ community is official, then I'll be happy to sign right up.

cool.gif

Has anybody noticed that we're an extremely talkative bunch? We have this forum, an LJ community, several Yahoo Groups ....

I've just come across this community on LJ entitled official_aff.

They claim that they're the official community for AFF on LJ, but I didn't recognize any of the members, including the maintainer.

They do link to the main AFF site on their profile page, but I'm still a bit wary. I'm thinking of joining, but I want to be sure that they're not lying about their affiliation with AFF.

So, are any of you with LJs actually members of this group, or have at least heard of them prior to this?

Hi,

Yes, this is the Official LJ community for AFF members. I go under the name of fanfictionaxis on LJ and on AFF Solaris and I maintain the LJ community for AFF.

The community started back in November of 2005 with just a small handful of members.

I have noticed that there was four people waiting to join I think couple of days ago, so I checked their profile pages out and saw that they were of age as they should be and allowed entry and then found four more yesterday and allowed them entry.

Sometimes the LJ community will be silent for couple of days so don't worry about being bombarded by posts on your friend's page. I notice one or two posts every couple of days.

Solaris/Beth

Guest echtrae
Has anybody noticed that we're an extremely talkative bunch? We have this forum, an LJ community, several Yahoo Groups ....

It probably goes with the entire writing/author thing that everyone has going on here. biggrin.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.