Click Here!

Anthro/Furry Clothing Advice

shinigamiinochi

First off: no rants about the evils of anthro/furry fiction, this post is for people who know a lot about clothing, not a debate. I'm writing a story that features a furry character with large, paw-like feet and a tail, which poses a problem with his clothing as the waist needs to actually fit him, but the bottom of the pants have to be wide so he can actually get his feet into them. So far, all I can think of is a loincloth type thing and hakama (the pants that shrine maidens/priests wear that tie at the sides of the waist and get wider as the pants go down). I need ideas for clothing this character would be able to both wear around the house and in public.

Regarding the feet, how about sandles? You can place large feet onto them and strap them in place. This allows for different combinations - say decorative or rough - or materials, from leather to less hard wearing dress sandals...

Robes could be good for the body, would sort out the problem with getting feet into pants and could even have a slit at the back at the level of the tail if not baggy enough to have it underneath. Otherwise, you could have clothing that is designed to zip or button up at the back if he has someone to help him dress?

What time period is it? And is it set in this world or a fictional one? Those would probably be the two biggest deciding factors on what cloths he would wear.

It's set just slightly in our future, far enough that human-animal hybrids are common place, but not far enough that there has been a significant change in daily life or fashion.

hmmmm... then robes and loin cloths would be a little strange. I would just go with regular cloths altered to fit human-animal hybrids. Like Jay Dee said to use zippers in the back, and sandals for big feet. If human-animal hybrids were common place then of course clothing stores would probably have sections just for them.

A friend of mine in high school was fond of some wrap-around pants.

The front and back panel were sewn together on the inseam but not on the outside of the leg. I'm not sure if those are what you're describing inthe OP.

She put the back panel on first, where it covered her from back pocket to back pocket, as it were. Then she tied straps around the front of her belly to hold it in place.

She then pulled the front panel between her legs to wrap around the front. The straps went all the way around the back, crossed at her tailbone, then tied in front like the back straps. She didn't like knots at her back because she had a really nice ass she didn't want to distract from, and she didn't want anyone tempted to tug on them...

The material of each leg was long enough to fully wrap around her legs. She mentioned maybe adding velcro at the ankles in cold weather but she graduated at mid-semester and i never saw her or those pants again.

Anyway, these would seem to be donned much like wearing a saddle. Sliding up under the tail, wrapping around the legs without having to deal with the paws at all. I would probably put shoulder straps like suspenders from either side of the tail to attach to the front, and a belt to hold the top wraps tight, but that's me.