Click Here!

Site News 12-26-2010

ApolloImperium

Updates from Apollo

Updates from Apollo

Sorry the news is a day late, but yesterday was Christmas so it was a day off for us staff here at AFF. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Goodness! It's the end of 2010 already! I can't believe it! It's been a hectic year here at AFF with Jaxxy's leaving and me resuming the running of the site! I appreciate everyone's patience as we've gone through the changes and we honestly couldn't have done it with out you guys. Each and everyone of you are the reason that this site exists and without you there would be no site. Since this is the last update of the year, I'd like to review some of the awesome changes that have happened and what we will be doing in the new year.

Archive:

- DemonGoddess has worked and is continuing to work to ensure that the database that is the backbone of the site is as stable as it can be! She updated the site's core software to help with this a few months ago. Many thanks to her continued dedication to the site, I shudder to think about what the site would be like with out her.

- Our moderating staff has been working very hard over the past year cleaning up the archive, ensuring compliance to ToS and catching those nasty little minors running around the site. If you want to see the numbers since we started actively hunting in 2008, take a look here. We've also added 17 new members to our Hall of Shame, including plagiarists, people posting for minors, flamers and trolls.

- Clean up is still ongoing as we work to find any corrupted data from the last big crash and we are still working on the re-organization to ensure that the larger fandoms are easy to find and navigate.

- Even as you read this we have a lot in store! We are working on a new search engine for the database that will provide more search options and pull more results.

- The beginning of the new year we will be launching an updated ToS & Content Guidelines that will make it much easier for you, our users, to understand what we, the owners/admins/moderators, ask of you.

- There is a lot more that we are looking to do with the site, but it costs money to make these changes. Right now our advertising pays hosting costs, but leaves very little left for the fun goodies and upgrades. While the site is not in desperate times by any means, we appreciate any and all donations!

Forums:

- We've done quite a bit this year! We've upgraded the forum software, installed almost 1,000 games, and opened up the Shoutbox (Otherwise known as The Procrastination Station)

- In October, we launched the Dribs, Drabs and Doggy Tales Prompts, that has been a wonderful success as members have fun stretching the limits of their creativity!

- We hosted our first art contest for the 2011 AFF Calendar for the first time in quite a few years. The response was awesome and I cannot wait to see what the next one brings.

- DemonGoddess is also going to be getting the forum store back up and running as soon as she is certain it will work for the new code.

AFF CafePress Store

Thank you again to all our wonderful contributors! Please take a moment to check out our store, featuring our AFF Calendar and other merchandise with the wonderful designs they provided us!

Funding Status

Information to exact status is always found on the donations page. Currently, the site has $502.84 stored in PayPal. January's hosting are well covered and we are looking great for Febrary! We have started to amass a small surplus that will allow us to do various upgrades that you our readers ask for, but again, please keep us in mind if you have some spare cash! Please see the donation page for further information on how.