Click Here!

Title Help?

TheChosenDarkness

Okay, I know I read some where that a good title sometimes helps draw people in and kind of gives a hint of what the story maybe about. Not always, I know, but generally most people do this. Right now, I have title block. -_- My story "A Kiss That Bites" is about werewolves and the over all general plot of the story has changed since the first title development. So, I am looking at a title that no longer truly fits the story. When I see it, I think vampire and I don't want the audience to think that. However, I also do not want some cliche title that everyone uses. Such as, "Full Moon Madness", "Howler Next Door", etc. So, I am stuck. I have no idea what to name the story and the title is just a throw off for me now. I could use some help in coming up with names for the thing.

So what do you guys do? What makes a great title?

Basic Summary:

He was to be the king of all the Pure Lycki until betrayal stripped him of his crown. Now over 1,500 years have passed and he has settled into a remote area of Colorado. Hoping to escape his past and live out the rest of his miserable life. However, one chance in encounter will bring back old pains and bring his past back to haunt him. Will he over come this and find true love?

She was an ordinary woman living in the heart of the south until that fateful day her friends whisked her off on a vacation. There she runs into a man that will not only break her free from herself, but just may be the key in unlocking a past that she knew nothing about. Will she fall in love with this man or will she forever hate him for what he is?

I think simple is better. Of course there are exceptions, but one simple memorable word for the title is usually easier to remember and catches the eye. Or even two words, if the one word you want to use isn't powerful or gripping enough. For instance "Hawk" is nice and everything, but putting an adjective in front of it like "Steel Hawk" or "Burning Hawk". Even using a central important character's nickname or name as a title works. Of course your story doesn't have anything to do with hawks, so that was more of a concept than a suggestion.

Either way I don't want to make suggestions for an actual title mostly because I think it'd be awesomer if it came from the creator of the story (But mostly I'm avoiding doing any actual thinking.) ... I fail. Anyhoo, good luck!

JayDee - I must say when I read the title suggestion I about killed over in laughter. :lol: However, I do not think anyone would take me seriously or the story seriously if I named it "A Kiss That Drools". Even now I crack up and I can't help but grin at it. It is unique. I will give you that, but I just don't think that will work. :)

CloverReef - Good suggestion and thank you. I know what you mean about a name (or nickname) and sticking a powerful adjective in front. However, none of my characters have nicknames. But, I think I may eventually come up with something. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...