Click Here!

A Cannon Question

Nanaea

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, but honestly, it's been so long since I've actually cracked open one of the books that I was having trouble remembering if there was cannon evidence for the theory. Isn't it weird when the lines between fanfiction and the original work get blurred and you forget what's cannon and what's fannon. wacko.gif

Thanks thumbsup.gif

I think he's seen as a family friend in the last book because Draco's mum ask Snape for protection o_O

As to the topic of fanfiction Vs. Cannon, I think I'm starting to like fanfiction better then the original series pinch.gif Isn't that horrible?

• 2 months later...

I agree! I think that the idea of Draco being Snape's godfather is completely fannon.

But I can understand the reasoning... Black is Potter's Godfather so, it would give Snape that extra motive and reason to pit his Godson against his enemies Godson to keep the circle going round.

Although, I don't think Lucius would do the Godfather thing as it's supposed to be a Muggle thing and as its a tradition that lies basically within the Christian Church I doubt that Lucius; a pureborn Death Eater would get involved in that custom.

I think the Godfather idea for Harry was Lily's idea.

I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.

• 2 months later...

I just happened to finish reading The Half Blood Prince and there is nothing that states that Draco is Snape's Godson, just his dad's oldest friend.

So I would say it is fannon.

Beth

Guest Madapple

I've read so many fics I can't tell the difference anymore. no.gif

Now, I reread the books and wait for things to happen and they don't because of those fics! They've corrupted me! ph34r.gif

But at least I'm happy. blush.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.