Click Here!

RP

CyanideKisses

We've had requests for this in the past, but haven't really gotten a good reason to create one, so perhaps you can help enlighten us!

I used to be very heavy in RP back on the old AOL member chats, so I know that it's fun and can spawn some interesting stories. However when it's not live I'm not seeing a value from it as it ends up being more of a round robin fic than an RP in my opinion. People do use the boards, usually in the Aimless Babble section to request RP partners, so that is available.

Perhaps you could provide a little bit more information about what it would add to the forums and how it would applicable in a fiction archive setting?

*chimes in*

It doesn't have to be freeform, you know. It's perfectly possible for those who like rules-heavy systems to do PbP as well, pretty much anywhere. All you really need is a forum for game ads and recruitment and another for the actual games. I've seen some places that, if the poster is well-known and requests it politely, give the GM a subforum of their own for those truly epic games that require many threads. Especially when there's worldbuilding and the like involved. Mostly for organizational purposes.

There are so many forums and boards for that already though... That's why I'm confused as to why this would be appropriate for a fiction archive forum? I know we have other games and such but they are just quick little time wasters, not something like an epic D&D thread LOL

Apollo: *shrugs* I've seen many places that had a RP forum simply because the members wanted it. Most of the times, they had decent traffic, especially the Freeform threads. I am not sure I could guarantee anything with the low traffic around here, though... :unsure:

Aren't there forums and comms specifically FOR that type of thing though SK?

Yeah and I know a couple! I'm just throwing a few suggestions in case you want to implement it here! And as an aside, I think all the RP forums I know of have a strict PG-13 thing.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.