Click Here!

JayDee's Review Reply Thread (Books)

JayDee

A Song Of Forgotten Beauty – I said recently I’d loved to write a sex scene with a winged character that wasn’t Spyro. I must have forgotten this one. I just read through it again and noticed a couple bad typos/errors I’ll probably polish, but apart from that I feel quite happy with it. So I don’t always put my own writing down!

InBrightestDay

So, since the harpies are a mixture of human and avian features, does this technically count as a furry story?

Certainly feathery! I have the story Harvest Mouse under original with a full on MM furry fuck (you don’t want to read it), but this probably is in the same ball park.

Thank you for this review! It was cool to get it and actually unexpected.

Joking aside, it's cool to see what is essentially Greek mythology fanfiction, in this case the story of Jason and the Argonauts (the original myth, though, not the film).  I'm not sure if you actually looked this up or if the idea of sexy harpies was just the basis for the summary, but the first mention of Ocypete and Aello, in Hesiod's Theogony circa 700 BC, actually does seem to indicate that they are beautiful, and it's not until Aeschylus starts writing the better part of two centuries later that they get described as hideous.

I actually read chunks of Hesiod’s stuff at school, what, 20 years ago now. We went through a lot of other old Greek and Roman stuff too (Tragedies, Comedies, Histories, poems… Thucydides’ History of the Peloponnesian War had some good bits!), I really loved that material although I was never that great at Latin or Greek, and it’s rusted away almost entirely now. So, yeah, I double checked the early references and basically made the summary as a reference to how the Romans especially thought they had horrific features.

So far as fanfic goes – I’ve been really wanting to do a story with Medusa, Stheno and Euryale for years and never even got around to properly planning it. It wouldn’t be incest! But folks would be getting hard. Rimshot.

The story also raises a rather interesting question: are sentient instruments of divine punishment necessarily on board with what they're doing?  Traditionally, one might assume Ocypete and Aello were just monsters Zeus sicced on Phineus, but I like the idea that they didn't necessarily enjoy what they were doing.  The Greek Gods have kind of a record of being dicks, after all, so it's hard to say it's out of character for Zeus.

Would you say no to Zeus? That’s a good way to get yourself doing something inventive down in Tartarus. I think it probably depends on the monster. Some of the ones sent by gods probably did not like it, whereas those sea snakes sent by Athena to fuck up Laocoön and his sons might have had a great time. We may never know. Absolutely some dickish behavior though. Although in a way that’s quite endearing about them too, because the Greeks were happy to have Gods that were basically people, but more so.

Considering the limited word count allowed, the sex is still pretty erotic, and the sisters' avian characteristics (trilling, for instance) aren't so pronounced as to be offputting.

Yeah, he stuffed those birds! Ahem, yes, thanks! I’m glad it was alright. Wanted a touch of erotica at least.

Finally, the Bio major in me wanted to rebel against the idea that human had impregnated harpies...but then I remembered that this is Greek mythology, where the Minotaur was produced when Pasiphae had sex with a bull.  Granted, it was a magic bull, bit still, this is just how things go in these myths.

It’s totally within the genre! I mean these harpies just have bird-like features. Leda straight up fucked a swan and had two human kids. Ok, the swan was Zeus in disguise but even so… Basically, the Greeks didn’t have something beautiful in a myth if someone wasn’t gonna stick their junk in it, and have a kid. The trouble Jason had getting jizz out of the fleece… 

Thank you again for the review – I really appreciate it.

4 hours ago, JayDee said:

So far as fanfic goes – I’ve been really wanting to do a story with Medusa, Stheno and Euryale for years and never even got around to properly planning it. It wouldn’t be incest! But folks would be getting hard. Rimshot.

Rock hard, even.

Absolutely some dickish behavior though. Although in a way that’s quite endearing about them too, because the Greeks were happy to have Gods that were basically people, but more so.

Yeah, it is actually rather interesting.  Greek art tends toward the ideal (the sculptures aren’t necessarily what the human body is but perhaps what it should be), and yet their deities display all the flaws of humanity.  It’s a neat idea.

Yeah, he stuffed those birds!

Not sure if I like that joke.  You might have laid an egg there.

Leda straight up fucked a swan and had two human kids. Ok, the swan was Zeus in disguise but even so…

And of course there’s how he got Danae pregnant with Perseus.  Zeus came to her in the form of a shower of gold...and many laughs were had in my high school literature class.

Basically, the Greeks didn’t have something beautiful in a myth if someone wasn’t gonna stick their junk in it, and have a kid.

Greece: writing adult fanfiction long before the internet.

• 2 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.