Click Here!

Tomoe2005's FanFiction Writer's Meme

Yesterday Overnight I filled out “Tomoe's FanFiction Writer's Meme” on deviantART. Since it's an art site and I wanted my answers to stand out a bit, my answers are hand-written and include doodles. Sure, I tagged a few folks from here at the bottom, but I never expected anyone to join dA just to fill it out! I figured that if it was interesting then we could make a thread here: Danyealle and Shadowknight suggested it too, so... :)

I'll leave my own answers in graphic form because, hey! it was a lot of work to get my handwriting up to even that level. :P

My suggestion is that we post only our responses; later we can open it up for replies and discussions if folks are interested. Also note that the original questionnaire has a fixed amount of space for each reply, so please be pithy! :D

If you're using the Rich Text Editor (RTE) then simply copy the questionnaire and paste it into the reply box before adding your answers; if like me you're in troglodyte mode then you can hit "reply" and copy the BBcode to nestle your answers inside. I suppose you could just use answer numbers, but I know I'd be jumping back to the top for every single one. :dunce:

Tomoe's ♥♥ FanFiction Writer's Meme ♥♥

1. How about a brief introduction of yourself?

2. Fabulous! And what got you into fanfiction to begin with?

3. I see, so what kind of fanfiction do you like to write?

4. Do you tend to write the same pairings/characters? Or are you a fandom whore?

5. What is your more popular fanfic and why do you think people like it so?

6. Forget other people, what is the fanfic you've written you're most proud of?

7. Do you find writing easy? Hard? What are the most difficult aspects of writing you struggle with?

8. Write a few sentences of so of your favorite pairing or character.

9. Are there any fanfiction trends/clichés you can't stand or are just sick of?

10. Are you guilty of any of the fanfiction trends/clichés you now hate? Or any other ones?

11. What was the first fandom you wrote for? Do you still like/participate in it?

12. Name your OTPs or most frequently written pairings/characters and explain what it is about them you love to write.

13. What would you call your writing "style"?

14. Do you read other people's fanfic? If so, what do you find yourself reading the most?

15. Name one thing you'd LOVE to write, but have been too afraid or shy to do.

16. Do you have trouble taking criticism? Or worse yet, do you have the dreaded bloated ego?

17. When you write, is there anything that helps? Music? Quiet room? Repairing toaster ovens?

18. What inspires you?

19. Lastly, how would you sum up your fanfiction experiences and yourself as a writer?

20. Tag some friends, because they'll have you for it.

I want to do this! There's one problem though...I don't write fanfiction...

1. How about a brief introduction of yourself? I am the Pittwitch. Sadly, I am also well-known in the RL world as such

too. That is another story. I am a 40'ish, mother of two, wife of one. I own my own business currently, but will be automated out of business within a year. So, I'm looking for a whole new career and facing a midlife crisis over it. I love to read, cutting my teeth on historical romances. I have a very strange sense of humor, which sometimes shows up in my writing.

2. Fabulous! And what got you into fanfiction to begin with? I was home alone with my youngest for a few days, and we'd been having a Harry Potter movie marathon. I googled Severus Snape out of boredom and great googalymoogaly, tons of fanfiction appeared like magic. I stayed up nearly all night reading one story and I was hooked. I lurked and read a lot for a while before trying my own hand at writing.

3. I see, so what kind of fanfiction do you like to write? I have written Harry Potter, mostly Snape-centric, but I've also dabbled in Highlander and NCIS. I wrote my first slash on a dare. Things went downhill from there.

4. Do you tend to write the same pairings/characters? Or are you a fandom whore? I suppose I am a fandom whore because I am not known for a specific pairing.

5. What is your more popular fanfic and why do you think people like it so? Oddly, it is a word doodle thing called, "Why Fred and George Never Eavesdrop ... Anymore." I think people like the humor and the smut combined. http://hp.adultfanfi...hp?no=600010986 If that isn't the reason people like it, then I have no clue. I'm always stunned when I seen how many people have read, reviewed and rated it.

6. Forget other people, what is the fanfic you've written you're most proud of? Completed? I am quite proud of a challenge piece I wrote, "A Valentine's Day Massacre," which was far beyond my comfort zone. http://hp.adultfanfi...hp?no=600014966

7. Do you find writing easy? Hard? What are the most difficult aspects of writing you struggle with? I think writing is sometimes easy, and that has spoiled me for when the going becomes difficult in a story ... then I become frustrated and can't make the workds or characters do what I want them to do. I have a really hard time carving out time to relax and reach my mental writing place. I have to see the story in my mind's eye, like a movie, before I can begin to record it for others.

8. Write a few sentences of so of your favorite pairing or character. My new favorite characters aren't from a fandom. But, since I started this mess:

"Severus?" Lucius called into the classroom cautiously, peeking as best he could around the door frame to assess the dour Professor's mood before moving into striking range.

"Come," Snape barked in invitation, never taking his beady eyes off of the concoction he was stirring.

Lucius stepped into the room, sniffing, and curling his lip in distaste at the horrid odor wafting from Snape's cauldron.

"What in the nine Hells are you brewing?"

Snape raised his face to stare at the platinum blond aristocrat now hurriedly backing away from the offending potion. "My lunch, you prat," Snape snarled with a glare.

9. Are there any fanfiction trends/clichés you can't stand or are just sick of? I really detest those creature fics where the charcters become some fantastical almight creature and rule the world. Also, the whole Mpreg thing ... I just don't get it.

10. Are you guilty of any of the fanfiction trends/clichés you now hate? Or any other ones? Oh boy, YES! My first foray was resplendent with a full-blown Mary Sue! I didn't even know who Mary Sue was at the time. No, you can't go read that one. I zapped it, with glee.

11. What was the first fandom you wrote for? Do you still like/participate in it? Harry Potter, and not really.

12. Name your OTPs or most frequently written pairings/characters and explain what it is about them you love to write. I did seem to write Snape/Lucius quite a bit. I like the idea of two powerful men grappling for control in a relationship.

13. What would you call your writing "style"? I have no style. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for a style.

14. Do you read other people's fanfic? If so, what do you find yourself reading the most? Of course I read other people's fan fics. I read almost anything. I never thought I'd like slash, but wowzers, I have found some really great slash fic out there!

15. Name one thing you'd LOVE to write, but have been too afraid or shy to do. The last word anyone would use to describe me is shy. I have written just about everything I love.

16. Do you have trouble taking criticism? Or worse yet, do you have the dreaded bloated ego? No, I actually enjoy criticism, if offered constructively. I will not entertain the random, "Your writing sucks!" If I have done something stupid, I want to know what I did.

17. When you write, is there anything that helps? Music? Quiet room? Repairing toaster ovens? Chocolate ... quiet house ... no kids or husbands to peek over my shoulder ... and yes, music really helps set a mood.

18. What inspires you? I really don't know where the inspiration comes from ... sometimes it's there, most of the time it isn't.

19. Lastly, how would you sum up your fanfiction experiences and yourself as a writer? I am very grateful for the whole fanfiction experience. I have made wonderful friends, honed a craft, and discovered that I can tell a story. I really don't think of myself as a writer, just a dabbler.

Being silly here simply because I can.

I am but an errant knight from a bygone age. I craft nothing save tales, stories to stave off the boredom of the centuries. Made of shadows, I endure. Made of steel, I prevail.

A necessity to improve my abilities as a storyteller. A myriad of tales spawned by an idle imagination. The madness of the eldritch gods beyond the stars. Magic.

Fantasy, mostly. I choose fandoms that provide me the freedom to create my own characters, that lend me their universes for my own tales to unfold.

4. Do you tend to write the same pairings/characters? Or are you a fandom whore?

I resent being compared to a common harlot! I write what the fickle, cruel muses command me to write. They are the ones behind this madness you call writing. They have their archetypes, I suppose, but I beseech them dearly to embrace originality whenever I can.

"Cleansing The Taint," likely due to its absurd amount of chapters. It cannot be its quality, of that I am most certainly sure. The day where it stops being my most popular work cannot come too soon.

None as of this moment. Next question, you fiend.

7. Do you find writing easy? Hard? What are the most difficult aspects of writing you struggle with?

It is as hard to me as juggling blades would be to a man with no limbs. I struggle with every single aspect of writing, much as if every word was a rampaging monster wrought from a world of evil and fire.

"She came to me borne in wings of darkness, like the majestic dawn of a rising world; a world where death-shadows roam the land and life is a fickle candle swallowed by the unending, ravenous tides of the dead. She came to me aloft by wings of madness, my friend, and cleansed my very soul with her truth. I am her servant now, the messenger of death, and nothing can still my words." -- Nobody in particular.

Anything that is not thought out properly or founded firmly upon the laws of logic and reason. Anything that is designed to please the senses and is, itself, utterly bereft of essence. Give me not the sweet taste of the fading æther, but the eternal strength of solid steel.

10. Are you guilty of any of the fanfiction trends/clichés you now hate? Or any other ones?

I try to avoid making the mistakes I despise in others, but I have oft scolded myself for my lack of foresight and forethought. I do try to keep myself constantly improving, however.

11. What was the first fandom you wrote for? Do you still like/participate in it?

World of Warcraft. I do still participate in it, for it provides me with a convenient universe for my tales to grow.

12. Name your OTPs or most frequently written pairings/characters and explain what it is about them you love to write.

I write original characters with overwhelming frequency. I have no favourites as of this moment. I will make a mental note to edit this once I have found a suitable answer.

To put it bluntly, my style tries too hard. I aim to reach perfection with every fibre of my being, with every thought that crosses my mind. A futile, endless race, perhaps; but what is life if not an incessant struggle to avoid an inescapable fate?

14. Do you read other people's fanfic? If so, what do you find yourself reading the most?

I do, and I aim to critique what I read to keep my instincts sharp. I also seek positive aspects so that I may learn from them and use that knowledge for my own improvement. I find myself reading that which is similar to what I write, for the reasons stated above. Fiend.

If I wish to write something, I do it. If I fail, I try again after I have acquired more experience and honed my skills.

16. Do you have trouble taking criticism? Or worse yet, do you have the dreaded bloated ego?

I have an armour for a reason, even if the occasional comment finds a weak spot. I try my best not to let it affect me unduly, although I must confess it is an arduous task. My ego, on the other hand, is so minuscule it can actually pass through walls.

17. When you write, is there anything that helps? Music? Quiet room? Repairing toaster ovens?

What is this "toaster oven" you speak of? Regardless, when I write, I often find myself listening to music to drown out any distracting noises. I do enjoy silence whenever I can find it, however. A veritable shame there is not a graveyard in leagues. The atmosphere of a desolated cemetery, with rows upon rows of smooth, quiet graves, wilting flowers and mournful statues is, in my humble opinion, ineffably peaceful. The more ancient the location, the more profound the effect.

18. What inspires you?

This is by far the hardest question to answer in this curious questionnaire. The things that inspire me cannot be given a name. They are not easily classified, easily understood or easily explained. I am inspired by things that escape the banality of the mundane, that open my eyes to new worlds, new characters, new stories. It can be anything from a conversation with a friend to a stranger's face. It can be a song. It can be a word. A sight. A taste. It can be anything at all. The world is hiding stories everywhere, and sometimes the masquerade slips and we see a glimpse of them. From that moment on, it is our duty as writers to unravel the thread and see where our muses lead us.

19. Lastly, how would you sum up your fanfiction experiences and yourself as a writer?

It has been a long, hard road with no end in sight. I've been writing since I was in kindergarten (I still have the stories to prove it, even if I'd rather not lay eyes upon them ever again) and even if I have sometimes taken breaks from the art, I have always returned to it. In a short while, it'll be twenty years I've been doing this. Twenty years, by the gods. And I still have so much to do.

Evil Wench (told you so), Dany (ditto), waddict (not holding my breath on this one), and... errrr... ROGUE.

I want to do this! There's one problem though...I don't write fanfiction...

Simple! Replace 'fanfiction' with 'original writing' and 'fandom' with 'genre' and presto!

I am an evil wench with an overactive imagination, and far too much time on my hands in which to indulge myself.

I had an unfortunate encounter on a gaming forum with something known as "The Shirtless Saga." I would explain, but there really isn't enough brain bleach on hand.

I write fantasy, usually set in the Forgotten Realms world, although I am planning an original project in the near future.

::clears throat:: I am a wench, NOT a whore, thankyouverymuch. I don't charge.

I would suppose, since I only have one here, that it would be Alchemy.

At this point, none of them. I'm still writing or rewriting most of what I've done.

The writing part is easy. Editing what I've written is harder. The thing I struggle the most with is getting enough detail out of my head and onto the medium of the moment, be it paper or pixels.

I'm probably going to need to be able to walk tomorrow,” Tae'uomi said, biting back a gasp as Sand shifted slightly and nipped her collarbone sharply.

You should have thought of that earlier, vanyacora, before you subjected me to an afternoon of tortured metaphor and labyrinthine reasoning.” Sand licked where he had nipped, and then sucked a rosy mark against her skin.

Tae'uomi grinned, toying with the tip of Sand's ear. “I did distract Aldanon with Zhjaeve, ascaredhel. I should get credit for that, at least.”

I do not give credit, iskavanim. You should know that.” Sand's fingers slid down across her belly, dipped lower, and Tae'uomi cried out softly as her back arched.

I could order you to stop,” the genasi offered, shivering with pleasure.

Sand looked at her, the predatory smile back. “Oh, please do. Really.” His tongue traced the edge of her ear, his breath hot. “I am quite prepared to remain awake all night exacting my reparations, since I managed to take reverie earlier while Aldanon was going on about something or other.”

I really can't stand the main character being the sole focus, without regard to the other players on the stage. I also hate characters who are "evil" and yet wind up "redeemed" without any necessity for atonement.

I try like the hells not to be.

The first fandom I wrote for was the Neverwinter Nights CRPG fandom, set in the Forgotten Realms universe. And yes, I still write for it.

I use a mixture of original characters and non-player characters with liberal disregard for frequency.

I have two distinct styles, but the one I use most frequently in my fan fiction is a more lyric style that tries to evoke a certain mood in my reader, and that is somewhat romantic in the emotional rather than physical sense. My other style is starker, where every word has to be exactly perfect.

Yes, I do read other people's fanfic. I tend to prefer fantasy settings, but I will also happily read fanfic based on movies or shows or books that I have enjoyed in the past.

I fear almost nothing, and if I were shy, I would never have published any fan fiction in the first place. After all, it's the dusty little thoughts from the corners of my mind that I toss out like so many crumbs.

I prefer constructive criticism, naturally, and welcome the opportunity to improve my writing. My ego is what it is.

I prefer quiet when I write, and solitude. Since neither is generally available to me, I have learned to write with pretty much anything less than bloodshed occurring around me.

18. What inspires you?

What doesn't? It would be a shorter list. I've dreamed chapters. I've scribbled in notebooks at the side of the pool. I've written quick notes on my arm because I had no paper handy. Everything inspires me, except perhaps snow.

I've enjoyed my experiences as a fan fiction writer immensely. I've met other writers who are fascinating, and inspiring, and encouraging. I've learned so much, and I think I am growing as a writer.

Let's see if my cookie trail works.... perhaps Nastrandir? Or Niche? ::rubs hands together::

JD is my latest pen name and I have used it for something like five years. I briefly used another one before it (my Princess Peach story can be found elsewhere with a different pen name but the same email), and before that I had a name that was the same as my online/LAN gaming handle. Which was a great idea (read stupid idea) as a real life acquaintence searched itm found an Fdom Vampire Willow BtVS fic and asked just why I wanted to be tortured like that. The old stories are all off AFF now. I sometimes think of reposting the old stories under JayDee, but all it would need is one of my friends to recognise a title and, well, the awkward questions would be back. I have also done a couple celeb stories under anonymous throwaway names in recent years over on CSSA, but don't want credit for them for various reasons. So that's me, JD and why JD is it comes from my email with JayDee used wherever places don't take 2 letter usernames (I am also JayD on one site because somebody regged JayDee just to make comments...)... Yeah, I got the email when gmail beta started and didn't really use it until the new pen names.

I did some shitty school set scriptfics when I was 17/18, but these weren't put online just shared amongst friends by email because they made a buncha the guys laugh. Some inexplicable and long faded gift for humor, apparantly. It was Play by Post freeform roleplay that really got me into fanfiction. I used to read some stories, lot on an old Star Trek site but never really thought of doing my own. Then I got some confidence from freeform roleplaying (non adult themed incidently) and took a shot at it.

Porn without plot is about the best I manage. Sex sells and there's going to be someone, somewhere, on the internet ready to rub one out.

Nope. I hardly ever do more than one story with the same characters actually, and where I have returned to a character it has tended mostly to be either another story part to something I thought of as a oneshot, or a direct sequel.

It seems to be 'Unleash the Beast', and as to why I haven't got a clue. It's just an old fashioned "teen witch meets dog" story.

My Predator story for being multichaptered and almost, but not quite, having a coherant plot. The non-AFF version also has some pretty funny celeb stuff.

Time. Oh, god, finding the time to sit and write for hours to do a decent long story. I also hate getting interrupted while writing and that happens a lot if I try and write during the day. I also find longer and plotted stories too intimidating to start a lot of the time.

"Wait, what if Fry comes home?"

"Screw that meatbag!"

Bender ran vibrating finger tips up Leela's inner thigh.

Quantity over quality.

Mpreg bashing - I don't write it and I don't read it, but it's no worse than any other weird fetish and yet seems to attract a disproportionate amount of hysterical abuse from people who, I am 99% sure, are probably secretly jacking off to it. If having twins was good enough in canon for Dave Lister, it should be good enough for anyone!

Edit - I just started reading the other folks in the thread starting with Pittwitch and, well, hope I don't sound like I'm being a passive aggressive. Not that you were hysterical or bashing or anything but I could see how it might seem like I was having a dig, but I din't know! Eeep. *flees*

Well, I have made some jokes about mpreg, but I have made jokes about a lot of things. Also, any of my sex scenes that go on for 6000 words are probably quantity over quality.

Funny, I can't really say because it might be too blatent who I used to be. The second fandom was probably Buffy though and, no, I was only a fringe participant the first time round. Mostly for episode discussion. And let me tell you, incredulously reading 8 pages of humorless bastards complaining that Anya singing about bunnies doing it "completely ruined the rest of the song" was enough to cure me of desire for much further participation.

What with the whole barely re-visting pre-written characters thing I suspect my most frequently written pairing is either Felicia Hary and that big fat OC the requester came up with, or maybe Ravager and Nightwing. I like Ravager and Nightwing because they both pretty awesome. Don't think they're that close anymore these days in the comics but it's been a while since I saw some of 'em.

Primitive. In a lot of cases it's probably comparable to, say, a kid sticking a finger up its nose, pulling out a big hairy chunk, and showing it to everyone to see how annoyed or grossed out they get.

I do when I have time. The time issue is always a thing for me. I tend to try a lot of PWP. There's a few authors I have found to be writing things I almost always enjoy so I go for them. I definitely prefer to read finished stories, but there is one great author whose ongoing multiparters I couldn't stop myself getting drawn into - and since s/he hasn't updated in a year now, well, I may sob.

I've tended to decide a few of the Biblically based story ideas I have had probably aren't worth the hassle, being one of the few purely written things in my shitty country that are both exclicitly illegal and previously successfully prosecuted. Given what I write I tend to avoid giving direct answers about myself and skimp on details a lot of the time for similar reasons. Freedom of expression round here? Yeah, right. Plus, every time I started one lightning blew out all the fuses and melted the surge protector.

If I didn't have a bloated ego I wouldn't have the confidence to write! I think I can take criticism well - depending sometimes on the source or time of day (and wrongly-spelled criticisms about spelling? You can shove 'em!), but then inexplicably don't really do anything to improve. I may be lazy.

Quiet toom is the most important. I have music on a lot, but it doesn't really help or hinder. It's other intrruptions that pretty much kill my flow.

18. What inspires you?

If I knew that, I'd be rich. Rich I tells you.

Fair to middling. There have been some pretty stressful periods but probably more pretty good periods.

The only thing I don't like about memes... I used to be an LJ regular, and would either delete the forward on part or occasionally replace it with a picture of an angry goat. I know the whole point of the meme - besides from giving us folks the ever popular opportunity to talk about ourselves - is to spread far and wide, but, dammit, I'm just not infectious.

Doing this for Original, rather than Fan. fiction. =3

I'm a 19 (20 in a month) year old college student going for a premed degree and I shouldn't have as much time on my hands as I do. But, oh well. I'm pretty quiet, but tend to be blunt/strange when I do speak. I'm nearly a true introvert, not because of shyness (though, that tends to help), but because I really don't mind being alone. Ironically enough, I have a hard time communicating with others, even though I enjoy writing.

A friend of mine got me into fanfiction when I was just starting 9th grade. I got hooked for a looong time, then panned away (because of Sturgeon's Law) and found original fiction online. I fell in love and left the (mostly) crappy fanfiction writers behind. I don't regret my years of fanfic reading and I appreciate those artists for paving the way to original online works.

I don't. I write originals and it tends to vary. I have several crack-like fics, several slash fics, and a smattering of others. I mostly like the slash though.

I create new pairings almost always and jump around like crazy from genre to genre, though I stick mainly to modern (I want to do more fantasy, but I need to work on that).

My most popular is Tied Up and Passed Around, probably because it has bondage, gay sex, is under Erotic, and is rated Adult++.

I'm most proud of the most popular one since it's one of the few that turned out very long. My goal is to get a chapter story up.

Difficult. I can come up with ideas, but most get trashed since I don't want to write cliches. Once I have an idea, I struggle to get it out of my head and on paper/computer since my brain sees half-formed pictures of the scene and I have to write the entire thing in words. Even through that, though, I enjoy writing and wouldn't stop (the bunnies wouldn't let me anyway). ^^

Don't have any, sorry.

Guys that act like women in slash stories. And the typical 'oh the bottom has to be soo much smaller and less useful than the top!' mentality.

I try not to. That's why I have a male beta my slash so I don't fall for those trends. =3

I don't/didn't.

I don't.

Casual. I write like I talk. The problem with that is I tend to leave out description, so I have to work on it more.

I rarely read any fanfiction anymore, but I do read other people's original fiction. I exclusively read slash, except for challenge prompts and stuff like that.

I haven't found anything I'm too shy/afraid to write. Just stuff that I haven't developed enough to write. I'm working on those. =]

Gawd no! I demand to know what's wrong so I can fix it as immediately as I can! I have the farthest from a 'bloated ego' as you can get. I post my stuff praying that someone will tell me it's decent (and let me know what to change) so I can keep the will to write!

It changes constantly. Recently I need quiet and constant 'up and down' trips out of my computer chair so I can think.

18. What inspires you?

Random crap. My dreams, random thoughts, the shower, my friends' conversations, etc. The list goes on!

Inexperienced for the writer part, but I'm working to get better. My fanfiction experience was great when it first started and it got me into my true section of AFF. ^^ I wouldn't change that for anything.

Nearly everyone I know on here has already done this...

Heh, I just want to say first off that I’m only doing this because Snight said I wouldn’t. so there.

sup, my handle’s wanderingaddict. It’s a name that came up on whim when I first started getting into the fanfiction some years ago, but never really wanted to make the effort to be a part of any community.

fact that I’m bi and I love reading stories about awesomer, cooler things that SHOULD have happened when the normal writers failed.

um… what kind? Genre-wise I suppose I really like videogame fiction, because it usually adds another layer of depth to the existing universe. Or maybe I should answer “slash” because I do really like well-done slash, or maybe I should answer porn-slash because I like a romance/sex element to my stories? Super vague. So really though, “action/adventure-slash-romance based on existing universes” is what I like to write.

lawlz, videogames are all about OCs. They don’t really give you much to work with, most of the time, so it usually takes a lot with what little is there in the first place. Really not much of a whore though- I suppose I honestly usually just look and see one “most likely” couple and dismiss ALL other pairings as unable to compare based on that alone.

Ceald Amothein by far, and… god because it’s cheesy, girl, and full of some real hardcore sex and emotional turmoil, and chicks just eat that up, and it’s got a ton of action and hardcore sex and guys just eat that up? lawlz I don’t know, I mean, that’s why *I* like it at least.

My personal triumph is Dyad: Kreshjur and Kajin because there’s a lotta really subtle research that’s gone into that one, plus it’s like 30k words and written all in the span of one month and I look at it and am just like “holy balls how the hell did I do that much”

Not particularly, no. It’s mostly a matter of time, like JayDee said. There’s so much to do, all the time, with movies and games and drawing and blah blah blah, it’s like, holy fuck it takes a lot to just dump all that and sit down and write.

“You a fag?” Grimmjaw asked, after a moment.

Ichigo’s cheeks burned. “So what if I am?” he asked demandingly, his shoulders tense.

Grimmjaw shrugged a shoulder. “Doesn’t really matter. Just wondering.”

I really, really, really hate… nothing I guess. Everything maybe. Lawlz I can’t decide. I could say mary sues that just get the world on a platter, or complain about wimpy bottoms that get raped and raped and raped, and…. Well okay, I suppose as common as it is to complain about that, I’ll complain about it some more. I am *really* tired of how people (re: girls) seem to think that a whiney, useless little cum-rag is at all, in any way shape or form, attractive. Blech.

lol, *sigh* yes. And they shall remain so nameless, buried so deep, that I will never, ever mention them here.

honestly, I swear to god it was Inuyasha, and it was an Inuyasha/Kagome sex fic. And god no, I don’t. that show is so baaaad and the only thing good it ever had was Kouga and Sesshoumaru, except Kouga became pointless and dumb and Sesshourmaru stopped murdering everything and everyone he ever met which made me :(

My OTP is Grimmjaw/Ichigo, if it wasn’t apparent already. I’ve never written about them, but jesus Christ I don’t understand how anyone at *all* familiar with the show couldn’t have looked at the action between the two of them and just be like “holy crap does Grimmjaw want to fuck that!” I mean, good god Grimmjaw is the only person in the entire show who actually seems to be even remotely like Ichigo. I mean, Renji *kind* of is, but Renji’s also a poor man’s Grimmjaw. Like, even Inuoe who claims to “understand him soooo much” doesn’t grasp the fact that Ichigo LIKES to fight!

Unfortunately, most people also fail to grasp that in a Grim/Ichi relationship, Ichigo might not top, but he’s *always* dom.

lol you know what, okay, so the pick that I've written about the most *personally* are Fawnheart's Erandil and Eraik, and even though I love the fact that they're best friends and would (almost) never, ever do each other in cannon, I... I still can't help writing loads of dirty porn for her where all her straight men just suddenly go gay.

I don’t really think I have a “style” per se. General fantasy style maybe? There’s nothing noteworthy about it to me.

yes I do! Recently it’s only been WoW stuff because I’ve been so busy, but from time to time I dip my toe back into Bleach looking for an awesome Grim/Ichi fic. The good ones usually never get finished though so sadface :(

I’m not “shy” about writing it, so much, but it works well enough so yes: A grim/ichi fic of my own, one which will stand head and shoulders above all other grim/ichi fics and make half of the Bleach slash section bow their heads in shame is something I’d LOVE to do.

lawlz, no. I wish I could get criticism (meaningful criticism of course) but it’s pretty rare, and like few times I do it usually consists of “well if I were writing I’d do this!” which is just like “??? Yeah but you’re not? Also, “because it’s cool” isn’t really much of a reason??” so whatever, more sadfaces I guess :( :(

naw. I don’t believe in any of that stuff. Just sit down and do it or don’t.

18. What inspires you?

READING GOOD FIC OMG. I fucking LOVE good fics, I mean, jesus Christ, if I read about some chick getting the absolute shit pounded outta her (and I find that hetero is usually better written than slash) I’m like HOLY FUCK I GOTTA TRANSFER THIS TO M/M and then it’s a fun, exciting race to see how I can capture something like that myself, in my own words, because God Damn does M/M need some quality sex. And quality romance, only I also just enjoy that because most of my fics are built around sex for one reason or another, despite how “low key” some of the might be? Maybe other people disagree with me about that. or like, non-porn wise I’m always like “woooah, this was fun to read AND there’s no sex??? How is this possible???” and then it’s ANOTHER fun race to figure out what they did and why and how all the threads tied together into one awesome overarching plot and it’s so gorgeous and I start to drool a little and if I met the author in real life I’d have no qualms about breaking both their legs and tying them to a chair and having a personal write-slave forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and

holy shit. I dunno, I’m so much more irreverent now that I ever was before. Hah, I hardly even think of writing as an art anymore. Well, I mean, I “know” in my head that good stuff, really GOOD stuff totally is. It’s someone who’s taken a million and a half special threads and lovingly sewn each one together

But… at the same time I’ve reached the point where it’s just kinda like “this is all a bunch of BS anyways so lawlz whateves!” and I just do whatever and go my merry way and be happy instead of mad or preachy or whatever else all the time. So yeah mostly I treat this as something fun to do in my spare time, a way to be a little creative, and let most things just slide off my back without much care. This is probably due to this magical woman named Fawnheart who I am super-awesome-ultra buddies with and I'm all like "Rawr rawr!" and she's all like "lawlz whatever wonderboy" only in an aussie accent and she's so goofy and I am not at ALL ashamed to say I heart her something fierce and want her back at this site and not being abducted by wallabies or whatever the fuck she complains about happening to her in Aussieland.

Go Fawnikins, I choose you! (it'll be a while though, I know, what with kangaroos climbing the powerlines or whatever).

I'm Techno-Ninja. :3 As the pen name implies, I have a thing for music made with machines, and the long dead art of survival and espionage.

I just stumbled across this site one day, read a bunch of fics, and was inspired to write some of my own.

I wrote a crappy eyesore in 2005, lost internet access, and forgot about this site for a few years.

Then, I came back one day, read some more, remembered I had an account, and was inspired all over again.

I deleted the eye bleeder off my account and started posting new stories.

...It only took about six years for me to write something decent. =P

So far, I have only successfully written and posted yaoi and slash. I have plans to write het and yuri/femslash in the future.

I write pure crack, warm and fluffy romance, and everything between. ^^

I favour the Naruto fandom, but I have written for Star Ocean as well.

I have an original story in the works.

I am very much a whore. XD I see potential in a lot of pairings and characters, so I write about a pretty big variety.

My attention span is short. Usually I'll obsess over a pairing for a few weeks at a time before moving on to another one. Ninety percent of my work doesn't see the light of a computer monitor. x.x

Sugar and Alcohol (Fandom: Naruto Pairings: Deidara/Tobi/Itachi, Deidara/Tobi, implied Kisame x Itachi, off-screen Kakuzu x Pain.)

Probably because it's a cracky fic revolving around the Akatsuki.

It's also my most lemon-filled story to date. =P

Unspoken (Fandom: Naruto Pairings so far: Izumo/Kotetsu, Genma/Kotetsu)

It's not finished yet, but I'm loving the story I am in the process of developing.

It depends on how much sleep and caffeine I have had, and what kind of a mood I am in.

I suppose I would have to say hard. The most difficult aspects for me are how to begin a story and how/when to end it. Also, the length and flow of my chapters varies greatly.

My current obsession is with Ashton and Noel from the video game Star Ocean Two.

Ashton is an unlucky swordsman who tripped over a rock while fighting a double-headed dragon. This somehow ended up with them being attached to his shoulders. He also has a barrel fetish. Noel is a mage. He loves animals and seems to have a deep understanding of their body language. He is self-conscious about his vaguely animal-like appearance.

"Please stop." Noel whispered, squirming beneath the swordsman.

"This is revenge for hitting Creepy with a snowball and making him attack me!" Ashton declared.

Said fire dragon bit Ashton's hair. He ignored him in favour of rubbing one of Noel's fur tipped, elf-like ears.

The dragon host's curiosity was a force to be reckoned with.

An involuntary shiver ran down Noel's spine as a quiet moan escaped his lips. His eyes rolled back in his head.

Ashton looked on in fascination at the pile of putty beneath him. The two dragons on his shoulders stared as well, just as intrigued as their host.

I love me some yaoi.

I hate the Seme/Uke thing, and the formulas that go along with it.

Perfect asshole seme that is loved despite being a complete jerk.

Girly, whiny, useless uke.

And basing who goes on top or bottom based on appearance or age? Pfft!

I like reading and writing about characters who have personalities, and who aren't overused cliches.

For example, in one story I wrote, I had a 19 year old who is 5'5", with big blue eyes and long blonde hair top an older man three inches taller, and much more muscular than him. I also implied that giant shark man gets topped by a short, frail, younger man.

I also like it when characters top and bottom. I don't see enough stories like that. "Seme" always tops, "Uke" always bottoms. Bah! I don't have much knowledge about homosexual relationships, but I'm pretty sure most don't go down like a typical yaoi. XD

I'm not sure.

Naruto. And yes, it's still my favourite. I've got a tattoo that can prove it. =P

Counting the works that are never finished or posted...

Kakashi x Iruka (Naruto)- This is the pairing that got me into fanfiction. A cool, laid back guy, and an easily agitated teacher. Their personalities make for some interesting dynamics. :P

Izumo x Kotetsu (Naruto)- They're best friends, who are never seen apart. It's easy, and I like the idea of them together.

Sai x Sakura (Naruto) - The possibilities with this pairing cover a great range for me. Crack, romance, angst/tragedy, and everything between.

Shino x Hinata (Naruto)- They are two quiet, often overlooked characters who I think would make a very sweet couple.

Deidara x Tobi (Naruto)- Tobi is such an idiot who's always getting on his senpai's nerves. Little does his senpai know that Tobi isn't the idiot he makes himself out to be...

Ashton x Noel (Star Ocean 2)- Ashton has a barrel fetish, and Noel has an overly sensitive erogenous zone. It's crack, really.

I would call it "my own." :3

Yeppers. I frequent the Naruto, Star Ocean, and Tales of Symphonia archives.

A natural body magic fic. ...DeviantART is full of people with this fetish. XD My most popular drawings involve it.

It would be fun to write, because it would be so different. That's also the reason I haven't wrote it. It's just so weird.

Nope. My ego is probably too small, and I like criticism. Being told what I can improve upon is a great help.

Music. Lots of music. I also like to submerge myself in the media of the fandom I am writing for before I write. If it's an original story I am writing, I like to bounce ideas off of friends.

18. What inspires you?

People, emotions, music, other fanfiction, canon events in the fandoms I like...random plot bunnies tend to spawn in my brain out of nowhere.

I read more than I write, and I lurk a lot. I've come across some very talented people.

I only recently became active in the forums, but I really like the AFF community. It's nice to be able to write what I want and not have to worry about being looked down on for it. That's not a luxury I have anywhere else.

I'm not a particularly well-known authoress, but I don't mind. I write for myself, for the fun of it.

Eh, no thanks. ><

Oh gawd hahaha, *shoots another kangaroo from power line*. Ok, I have the guinea pigs running on their treadmills to power my pooter... so here is my response to the wonder boy’s (wandering_addict) tag! (I got around to filling this out way faster than either of us thought, yeah? )

Hmmm... am I the only one who finds these bio things hard to do? Ok...my name, fawnheart, is actually a name I made up for a tauren shaman in the first story I ever wrote. I liked the name and used it – even though I’ve never played a tauren or a shaman before so yeah, haha, I know that’s a little odd... o.0. I do people’s nails and wax their foofas, legs and eyebrows and wash their feet for a living (anyone who thinks that being a beautician is glamorous needs to think again hahaha) Sometimes I get to rip the hair off a body builder and that’s always a lot of fun because then I get to rub oil all over their tortured muscles *sigh*! I love my work though, no matter how glamorous it isn’t hahaha, I love making people feel good. It makes me feel good too. I’d much rather point out the good that I see than the bad...unless it’s about myself of course but isn’t everyone like that? Yeah? No? Oh...hmm...moving right along hehe. But you know, being positive is better for business,

Well, my bigger more aggressive half was a sailor and I tended to get dragged around the country behind him everywhere he was sent. It always takes a little time to get established again in any new place so at first I played WoW to fill in time between appointments, then I got addicted and kept appointments to fill in time between raids hahaha No, well, yeah actually... but nah, so then a friend introduced me to AFF and I was like HOLY SNAPPING ARMPITS SOME OF THIS SHIT IS HOT!! I’d never seen anything like it in my sheltered little existence and just like that I was inspired to write nawty smut myself! I mean...I was inspired to write fanfiction....about WoW...you know?

I’ve only ever written fanfiction about World of Warcraft...I tend to get obsessed with things and yeah, that was my obsession for ages.

I’m just trying to figure out what ‘fandom whore’ means hahaha! Does that mean if Thassarian and Varian Wynne were real people, would I do them? Blood oath I would! No, seriously, I write my own OC’s into WoW settings because I’m too lazy to make up my own world lol. Does that make me a fandom whore? Or just a lazy one?

Ok...I think my most popular fanfic was An Idiot’s Tale. I think people liked the original version the best though, not so much the current re-write, and I think people liked it because it was really heart wrenching and just plain confronting in certain places. I used a lot of violence, torture and things like that in the first version because I didn’t know how to shock/create suspense or much of anything else when I first started writing (and still, I only know how to coin those phrases, not employ them lol). To be truthful, I think the original story was much rawer, and much more powerful because of it than it is now. Or maybe I'm just having a wank hehe. Truthfully though, I’d always thought the shock value thing wasn’t the best way to go about making a story but now I’m not so sure!

Ah, my personal favorite is The Forsaken’s Tale. I definitely think that was my best, and the one I’m most proud of. The first few chapters of Exiled in Azeroth are my next favorite and the Adventures of Fynn is my third favorite.

7. Do you find writing easy? Hard? What are the most difficult aspects of writing you struggle with?Writing used to flow for me really easily but not so much lately. I think the desert sucked the words out of me but I’m pretty confident that’s gonna change soon baby! I struggle with grammar, being sufficiently descriptive, thinking too much about what people will or won’t like haha. That kinda thing

"Yeah yeah I know. You doubt I'll survive long here." Aerandir gave Ba'ith a dry look. "We ready?"

"You seem to be a fast learner from what I've seen." The assassin angled his face down a little closer to Aerandir's and his eyes blazed liquid silver. "Learn quickly, then, that I don't like being interrupted. I hold Erandil in my heart and I didn't like him much when I first met him, but know this, I like you even less. He's where he is now because you lacked the discipline to control your temper, the way you can't control your acidic tongue. This time though, instead of just hurting your mother, you've killed your brother."

Aerandir's mouth gaped slightly, how did the assassin even know about his mother?

Misinterpreting Aerandir's open-mouthed surprise as an attempt to interrupt again, Ba'ith raised a hand in warning. "I'm not interested in your excuses. While we're here, you will shut your mouth and do what I say, the instant I say it. Or you will die...and I won't shed even the slightest tear. Understand?"

...I kinda have a bit of a crush on Ba’ith...

Nah not really...I’m always up for a good story, whether it’s cliché or trendy or otherwise. It’s only fanfic after all. I’m just here to learn, practice, pick up a few new ‘skills’ to surprise my husbear with (hehe) and generally enjoy the fruit of people’s efforts, which they so generously give for free for our entertainment.

Hahaha yeah, sometimes I manage to spin a good tale lol...no, I know that’s not what this question means hahaha. Um... I’ve no doubt that I’m guilty of tones of literary sins but I’m not yet experienced enough to know what they are but I’m getting better. I usually rely on feedback to learn what I did wrong or right and if my writing has improved at all, I can credit that directly to wandering_addict’s help. He’s such a little bloody genius, I just wuv him! And he’s so generous with his time to give writers so much help for nothing other than that he feels like doing it. Yeah, best bloke on the net...even if he does tag me with things that disclose way more about me than I’d usually like anyone to know hahaha Meh, is all in good fun, yeah?

The first fandom I wrote for was WoW and I still like it but the drive is far less now that I don’t have heaps of pent up frustration from having 12 year olds playing blood elves kick my arse in pvp lol...the little shits...

My most frequently written pairings are Eraik/Aerandir. I don’t know why hahaha, it used to be Morag/Erandil but then I re-wrote things and now the poor buggers don’t get to rip their gear off for ages and even then only once or twice out of about 30 chapters! Oh I don’t wanna think about it too much or I’ll obsess about it and re-write the freakin’ story ... again...

Um...fantasy adventure? Seat of my pants? I don’t really plan or plot much if that’s what this question is asking, I tend to just sit down and write...hence all the freakin’ re-writes!

I used to read heaps but not lately. I plan to remedy that though. I used to read mostly about Wow...and...it almost feels blasphemous to say this...but I also used to read fanfics about Narnia! I know. Aslan would look at me with big, sad, disappointed lion eyes...other than that, I like reading any fanfic that has a really good, gritty, nasty villain in it. And other that, I love reading anything wandering_addict writes. Honestly, that boy could write about a squished worm and it would just be the most brilliant, intense, fantastic thing!

Okay I’ll be honest here. I want to write something really, really dark and brutal with lots of psychological angst and trauma in it, but I have such a bizarre sense of humour I’d probably stick something completely random in at some really inappropriate point to lighten the mood. I’m also a bit of a chicken too and if I doubt I’d have the courage to write something as dark as I want to. I kind of have a hard time writing that kind of thing, I don’t mind reading it, and love it if it leaves me traumatized (does that make me a masachist?) I sort of dabbled in some dark stuff in the original Idiot’s tale but I noticed that whenever I felt I’d written something too dark, I’d make the next chapter a bit silly and light hearted to make up for it... but then I dunno...I freaked a bit and took all those bits out lol. I’d like to have the nouse to unashamedly write something really, really dark at some point.

I learn best and fastest from criticism, but I also like to be told what I did that worked, otherwise I get all deflated and think my work is crap and am prone to give up hahaha.

I listen to music first and let movies run in my mind of what I want to write, and then I like a quiet room to write in.

18. What inspires you?

Good movies with brilliant villains and lately, Brent Weeks. Oh my god, I freakin’ love that man’s books; he is an absolutely freakin’ amazing author. Other than that, pvp used to inspire me to write. I used to be a pvp junkie and spent most of my game time in the battle grounds. That’s where the idea of Erandil originally came from. There used to be this bloody blood elf rogue who used to wait for me and kick my arse all the time and he would LAUGH while he stabbed me and then blow me a kiss just before he landed the killing blow. Can you believe that? What an arse! Lol.

Um... writing fanfiction has been all good. It’s a good, cheap hobby (if time consuming lol) and I’ve learned heaps about writing from it and have made some really good net friends from it as well. I don’t know how I’d summarize myself as writer though. I’ve never really given it much thought hahaha...um...I’m still a fledgling?

Haha ok ...

MisatosPenPen. I'm a pinguin who loves Yaoi. 26 year old female. I'm a novelist, but love writing fanfic to fill the void of writers' block.

I came across SleepswithCoyotes Fullmetal Alchemist work and was hooked.

Naruto mostly, but I also do Rurouni Kenshin and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Itachi/Kakashi mostly.

I guess that would be Unanticipated Reunions and Alliances. I guess the plot (it has one) and the sex between Itachi and Kakashi.

Really, I'd say my Titus story. I love Shakespeare and think I did a fantastic adaptation!

Usually pretty easy. The hardest part is actually typing. I lie in bed and I think of great stuff, but when I sit to write, it doesn't always come out. Like a digestive disorder.

Perhaps the reason Kakashi hid his lower face was to hide the licentiousness of that mouth . . . True to the Boy Scout spirit of the Konoha ninja, Kakashi came prepared with massage oil . . . Itachi rolled his hips to let Kakashi know he was ready. Kakashi gently rocked back and forth from his position over Itachi. Itachi, impatient with Kakashi's maddeningly slow pleasuring, started bucking his hips up to prompt Kakashi to move faster. Itachi would not beg in so many words, but it was begging none the less. Kakashi sat back to properly fuck his little raven. He found the perfect angle and assaulted Itachi's prostate causing him to moan. Varying his speed and angle to hit the target then graze it, made Itachi begin swearing again into the pillow. (From Kakashi and his Raven)

There are too many Naruto/Sasuke stories, but I understand why; I wrote one.

See above.

Rurouni Kenshin. I intend to go back and finish that first story and write a few more. Just got to finish these Naruto stories.

Itachi/Kakashi. I LOVE Itachi and I just like the idea that he had known (and loved) Kakashi when they were in ANBU. Not a pairing I see too often either.

Emotional.

Yes, of course. I guess I'm tending toward harder stuff. Got turned onto stories with 'sounding.' Guess I always like non-consent stories too.

Shy? You seen my stories? Amends and Christmas with the Uchiha have all the kinks I could think of that didn't make me gag.

My feelings sometimes get hurt, usually only comically, when I get criticism. I only get an ego when I read a good review, then it goes away.

Nope. But I do like to be alone in the room. Other people don't need to know the type of smut I'm writing.

18. What inspires you?

Itachi

I love it! It gives me confidence as a writer. I think I'm pretty good.

mmmm.....

Edited by MisatosPenPen

• 4 months later...

Call me Cuzosu or Foofie, whichever you prefer. Cuzosu is a nickname that refers to one of my cousins as much as to me, lol. Could say I'm a nice person but that'd probably be a lie. After all, why be nice when you can be honest/literal? If the truth hurts it's usually because you lied to yourself.

Ever get the feeling you're brutally honest? My family tends to be brutally honest most of the time--and they tell me I'm too brutally honest.

I'm also very much a dog person, but all animals seem to love me to pieces. For example, a friend had two dominant cats that couldn't walk within five feet of each other without hissing or starting to fight. He came downstairs one day to see me with one at each knee, petting them both, and they weren't even grumbling at the other one for being so close because they were too busy purring at me.

It was another form of telling stories. Using words.

Let's see.... So far there's Naruto, Final Fantasy VII, Star Ocean 3, Get Backers, Black Blood Brothers.... I have plans for a few more but so far the ideas are still spooling in my head. When they're ready they'll swamp me and make me write them. Until then I'll gather more ideas.

Naruto, I'm fairly flexible with as long as I like the characters and feel like they'd work well together. Final Fantasy VII I'm really flexible with (so far there's of course Reno and Rude, then there's Reno and Vincent, then there's Zack and Tseng, upcoming are TsengxZackxReno and AngealxGenesisxSephiroth, not to mention regular AngealxGenesis, Vincent and Genesis, AngealxZackxGenesis, RufusxVincent and RenoxRufus. Dominance switches between the guys, lol). Star Ocean 3 I started out writing one pairing, it's switched to a threesome and then a foursome (they wouldn't quit adding more lovers) and so now there's an additional few pairings I'll write there as well. Though there are a few characters I just plain won't write love lives for. :P Black Blood Brothers, so far I only have one pairing that interests me. ZelmanxJiro.

So far I'd have to say the one I've gotten the most consistent and enthusiastic reviews on is posted on The Seventh Heaven (and is a Final Fantasy VII fan site/online home). Soaked and its sequel, Hide and Peek, going on to the third in the series, 12 Days of Christmas at ShinRa HQ. Why? Because it's hot, it's in character, Fei drew a pic to go with it, and it was a gift fic limited only by my imagination. Well, my mind doesn't draw the lines most do, lol, so it turned out really well. And Reno and Zack are warping popular Christmas standards. (Jingle Bells, 12 Days Christmas, and the Night Before Christmas.) Plus there's hot yaoi, a threesome and mention of another threesome. Also, apparently I did the emotional part exceedingly well.

Good question. I don't have a particular one I'm most proud of. I loved Soaked, Hide and Peek, and am dying of laughter trying to get 12 Days of Christmas at ShinRa HQ started. The Prints series led into OPaP and then Halloween Hi-Jinx (and I all but died laughing 'cause I'm a perv and caused all sorts of chaos via Reno), which in turn led to Seeing Red (and that is another completely awesome fic. Takes Reno and Vincent through some hard times, but with luck they'll come out the other side fine). Surreptitious Selfishness is my ZelmanxJiro that has plot like you wouldn't suspect for an excuse to get them in bed, lol. The rest were mostly just for comedy, lol, and I succeeded with that.

Writing's easy as long as the story is willing to adapt itself, because the characters balk if they go OOC.

But I don't have a particular favorite. So I'll throw out a line that anyone who's read Soaked (on the Seventh Heaven) will understand:

Reno: saving men's dignity, one piece of pizza at a time.

KakashixSakura 'bout kills me. KakashixIruka is WAY overdone. Anything with Cloud or Aeris I can't read. In Bleach I don't often read anything with Ichigo, and never anything with Rukia. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Reno and Rude is the only one that I've written that is also trend-ish.

Star Ocean 3, CliffxAlbel. And yes, very muchly so. It somehow went from MM to MMF to MMFM. Not that I minded, lol.

RenoxRude, because Reno's the only one who sees the full depth of Rude, who loves to make and test explosives, for example. CliffxAlbel because it's just hot and so easy to see. CliffxAlbelxMirage because, again, it's hot and easy to see. Same for CliffxAlbelxMiragexFayt. RenoxVincent because Reno's a daredevil and Vincent needs drawn out of his shell, so to speak. RufusxVincent because Rufus is just that arrogant and needs taken down a few pegs sometimes. RenoxRufus because Reno's the only TURK who flagrantly defies rules and authority, and Rufus needs that. TsengxZack and TsengxRenoxZack because Tseng needs pets, and what better pets that a puppy and a kitty? XD Besides, Reno was feeling lonely. AngealxGenesis because I like to play with old relationships, and AngealxGenesisxZack because sometimes it's good to introduce new things to old relationships. ZelmanxJiro because they're totally hot together and everyone I've talked to agrees: Zelman would totally go for Jiro.

Good question. I don't write anything without humor, although I do really lovely explicit yaoi when I get going. Also I like to explore the depths of people and relationships in my writing, so.... I don't know. A mix?

I read other peoples' fanfics. And what I read depends on what's updated and how my mood is.

.... Can't think of anything. If it interests me enough to want to write it, I'll get around to it some day.

Constructive criticism I can take. Flames just tick me off, which tends inspire a thorough dressing-down that covers everything that ticked me off at the time. I don't think my ego's bloated. If it was I'd be posting more of my works; as it is I don't post anything until I'm satisfied with it at least, if not quite pleased.

Music, mostly. Would you believe I wrote a yoai sex scene to a mix of Pat Green's "Wave on Wave," Disney's Mulan theme "I'll Make a Man Out of You," some Native American music, and Wade Hayes' "Tore Up from the Floor Up"?

18. What inspires you?

Almost everything that catches my attention and holds it. Sometimes it's my friends, sometimes it's the cats, sometimes it's memories, sometimes it's whatever I'm playing/reading/doing/hearing/seeing.

I read until I was satisfied that I knew what a good story was like, then I started writing. The downside is that if it doesn't interest me I really can't write it.

But I still keep reading to make sure I still know how to write the styles I like to read.

Maybe later.

Edited by Cuzosu

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing this for both Original & FanFiction

I'm Kera, 22, and a full time mum to two devil boys... Kera/Kerantli is a name my friend came up with, there was a word that went before it, but its a rather unknown word, so I didn't use it together with Kerantli

One day was having a good google for stories to read (At the time I had exhausted my library and my own book shelf) and found a Harry/Draco slash fiction that got me hooked, can't find it now though.

Couple of years later I found an Original called "Naked In School" and well, it went from there..

In fanFiction I write Slash and Het

In Original I write Slash, Het, FemmeSlash, Threesomes/Moresomes

I don't stick to pairings, unless I use my own characters in them...

In Originals, I have 4 main pairings which are re-used in ANY stories I may write (Ellie/Cody, Marley/Will, Hunter/Kitten, Cub (Leo)/Kale)

Most popular Fanfic is my only Fanfic I have posted right now which is Sparks Fly - A Harry Potter/OMC "fanfic"

Most popular Original (with hits) is a One Shot called "In The Woods" which was about a Master/slave

With Votes it is "Nighttime Surprises" a Slashy PWP with Cub/Kale

One I'm most proud of is my Shifter Original fic..

(and of course Sparks Fly in FanFic)

I find it easy to the point in getting ideas, and getting some down on the computer/phone/notebook. However what I find difficult is sticking with the ideas..

I have 5 currently so bear with me :lol:

Nick/Harry -

Nick groaned and looked down at Harry, prising the sixth year from his chest and smiling as their eyes locked.

“I am so sorry about that, I forget that my friends are rather... Well... invasive...” Nick finished lamely, cupping Harry’s cheek softly.

“It’s okay Nick. Ron or Hermione would have done the exact same thing if we had been in my dorm probably.” Harry just shrugged it off, his face still red as Nick leaned down and kissed him softly. Harry made a small content noise before looking up into the light blue eyes of Nick’s.

“Uh, question though...” Harry trailed off, clearing his throat and starting to speak again, “D...did you like that? Or did you want that?” He asked, his voice sounding rather insecure and pitiful.

Cody/Ellie -

He took a deep breath, "I'mnotasstraightaspeoplethinkIam."

Ellie forcefully chopped at the potato, looking at him.

"I'm sorry, what was that mush that just came out of your mouth?" She asked, eyeing him.

Cody rubbed his face,

"I'm not as straight as most think I am... I'm also interested in males, so, I guess I'm bisexual?" He watched the red haired female just nod,

"So, what does that have to do with why you turned me down?" She growled, throwing the potato into a shallow dish and mixing some peas and carrots in with them. Cody winced, biting at his lip.

Leo/Kale -

"Good morning sunshine." He chirped, chuckling as the other person huffed and buried deeper into the heavy duvet. "Oh, not a morning person are we Leo?" Kale asked as the duvet made a growling sound, a large hand snaking out to clutch at the pillow and pull it under. Kale rolled his eyes, sliding under as well and searching for a small crack in the well made cocoon of blankets. Finding one he let his cold hand slither through it, soft finger tips colliding with the rough flesh of the other mans arm.

Leo wriggled as he tried to get away, only succeeding when he fell to the floor, blinking away the dancing circles in front of his eyes rapidly. Smiling back up at Kale sheepishly, he climbed back onto the bed his voice heavy with sleep,

"Mornin' to you too, and I'm not a morning person." He spoke through a large yawn

Kitten/Hunter -

"Hey, Hunter? Why do you think he tried to start a fight?" I asked, curious about why it would have happened. Hunter looked at me, mirth dancing in his eyes as he spoke.

"Curiosity killed the Kitten you know, just ignore that he tried to, and don't get into any more with him. I would hate to have to punish you in the same way I had to with him." Hunter told me, moving to wrap his strong arms around me as I stirred at the sauce on the ovens hob. I leant back into him, enjoying the feel and the moment of tenderness he had given me, the mangled mush of emotions that had been running through my head melting away as he hugged me and dropped a tender kiss on my head.

Will/Marley -

"Well, how else am I going to get clean?" Her face had taken on a feline like appearance, brushing past me and into the shower, crooking her finger to beckon me in. "And no keeping your hands to yourself, you can wash my back." She smirked at me again, her lips parting to reveal one tiny fang. Blinking and shrugging I climbed in after her, wrapping my arms around her body as we stood under the spray.

"What are you?" I thought I had mumbled quietly, frowning as Marley stiffened.

"That's not something I want to go into right now, Will. I'm sorry." She muttered; combing her hair to the side and letting it fall against her front. I just nodded, nibbling on her neck.

The "Big tough guy" raping a "smaller weak guy" with the smaller weak guy falling in love with the big tough guy

I honestly don't think so..

Original and Harry Potter, so Yeah, I still write for them

I did that already :lol:

Ellie/Cody - Something about these two that have really gripped me. I think its cause Ellie is rather like me but not me at the same time (SHE IS NOT A SELF INSERTION!) but their chemistry is thick, no matter what they're in.

Leo/Kale - They just match each other, Kale can be serious and ground Leo, where Leo makes Kale forget himself and have fun

Hunter/Kitten - I can't say much about these two without revealing a hell of a lot about their past, which I'm not willing to do

Will/Marley - My two Weres, Marley is a Were-Tigeress and Will is a Werewolf. in another world, they'd not get along, but these two just seems utterly perfect together

I type like I speak, mistakes and all...

I do just mainly read Fanfic more than Original. I don't know why but I just do

I'm not shy to write anything. However, I'd like to try write some rather taboo subjects (more taboo than what I already write) but never gotten round to it as I'd have to create other characters for that

No and No..

Music. If I find a song that has inspired me, I will play the song to death until I've finished the bit I'm doing then move to a different song. I find writing under pressure helps me with some things too

18. What inspires you?

Music, my friends, conversations I see on Facebook, dreams..

I'd say it was a journey that I am glad to have started, and hope to continue long after fanfiction has "died down"

I'd say Astraea, or GothDarkkeDragon, but I doubt they will

Edited by Kerantli

• 11 months later...

The ever blunt and zany pixie, fearless pursuer of... Oh wait. Wrong one. Hi. Most call me Jem, I tend to be a bit eccentric if that helps.

The desire to write what I kept coming up with in my head oddly enough. I started writing original shorts for English in 8th grade when the teacher kept asking us to do journal entries. I always claimed I got it from another source instead of me writing it. It was more interesting. In high school, I decided to try and write an original novel or two (manuscripts died to computer error). Then for shits and giggles, I got started on a Star Wars fic... Even got my senior AP English teacher to go over it at the time. It was shitty looking back at it. But at least my grammar was correct! XD

I don't suppose whatever I damn well feel like is a good answer, but that's the truth. It all depends on my mood that day. Some days I feel like humor, others serious. I try to keep a sense of connection in it if that helps.

Not really. I've not written enough to be called either. I usually don't focus on pairings in writing either, only once or twice, and that was to see if I could do it.

Beats me. I don't really know if I have a more popular one than others. I take a while to get new chapters up so... Not much of a following to know for sure. If anyone else has a guess, let me know. I'd love to know if I do have one.

I can't pick one. I can pick pieces of each one that I am... But not a complete one. Maybe when I finish up some of my multi-parters I could give a better answer.

Sometimes, writers block when it hits. It's not specific things that trigger it, but when it hits... It fucking hits hard. Dastardly bastard that it is.

............... I'll get back to you on this one.

That depends on my mood really. Sometimes you can read really horrid things and be alright... Although does summing up most of them in “Twilight” count?

Hm.... Not too much. I tried to be careful of it but I probably crossed the line here or there. Much of my stuff has never been seen or published at times.

Star Wars baby, and hell yes I still do.

Don't have those yet....

I have a style?

Yes. It depends on the day, month, alignment of the heavens, what constellations are showing, and phase of the moon.

I dunno yet. I'll tell you when I figure it out.

I don't think so. Depends on who you are and how it's given I suppose. Not so much of bloated ego as convincing self not to be fucking lazy.

See #14.

18. What inspires you?

Random ass shit, could be anything or nothing. Also, see #14.

I have fun with it, you don't have to like it but it's nice if you do. I've had some people rip a few things apart, but oh well. Live, learn, and improve.

If you've read this.... TAG! You're it!

SB Patterson, girlyhero on dA. I'm a couturere and costumer. I enjoy drawing, writing and rping. I'm married, 26. I live in Murfreesboro, Tennessee (US).

Fuck me, that was a long time ago. I originally started writing silly little stories on a word-processor when I was about 8. Mortal Kombat and Sailor Moon were usually involved.

I'm a bad kid. I used to write FF7 yaoi in high school, but I was a closet Predator fan. I became more open about it with my close friends and still accepted, I openly write the stuff. Even my parents know I write it. My dad keeps telling me, I need to apply the plots to my original works. Quite honestly, the fanfics make a good template for that. I'm finding that the Star Wars fanfics are easier to convert however. I love my Predator too much anyway and some of them are already stock characters and can be if not already are used in other stories.

Absolute fandom whore. In the Predator fandom, a human woman and a male Predator are the popular types of pairings. I'm all over the place. F-human/M-Predator, M-Predator/F-Predator, fuck it-- I'll get kinky... M/M-Predator, F/F-Predators, and the rarely seen M-Human/F-Predator. And who ever said it has to stop with two?

The Fighting Irish part 2. It's hit just over 1300 views. Not alot, but I'm not the most well known author on there. Also, the part 1 was sexless and sometimes that's frowned upon. No one gave two shits about the original tid-bit I posted.

TFI part 1. It was the start of a complete rewrite of the original crappy fanfiction, rearrangement of characters, settings, and plot. I love it.

Keeping up with the story and the time. I keep day-jobs when business is slow, so it's not like I get a butt-ton of time to write when I'm not sewing. I'm a slow reader ironically. So when I'm trying to get on with the show, I have to go back and review details that are important. I have a million stories in my head, so it's hard to keep up with them all. My original work suffers too.

...I have this "stock" character, the dark sorceror archtype who kinda sways on the good and evil sides. His name is Seddar. He's been depicted as a human, elven, Predator, and an original other-kind creation. His personality remains constant, though. He's a bit of a snob, but holds friendship very dear. He has strong goals and lets little to nothing stand in his way. Occassionaly, he becomes a family man and his children are very important to him. Oh, yeah, did I forget to mention he goes insane and tries to conquer and/or destroy the world/universe/dimension/what-have-you/&t.?

Mary Sues of course. Also, and I'm even guilty of doiing this, but I don't like the weepy little chic characters who cry to get their way. I mean, I get the damsel in distress thing, but come on. It's like the age of independance, ladies. Suck it up! My chic tells Predators to fuck off all the damn time... she gets bitch slapped sometimes for it, but that's just botching your Intimidation check. If nothing ever bad happened to Jesse for chewing one of them out, she'd be a Mary Sue, though. There's a fine line, and I recognize that it takes a certain level of talent to balance it.

I have to catch myself when I write Jesse Danes. She's a beyond normal human, that was her "playable character design." She was designed so I could creep her into the Urban Arcana system (extension of D20 Modern rp system for those that have no clue of what I'm talking about. Google it) and give her a few good psionic abilities. I try and hide that, if not literally crack out the D20 and ask "Alright, show me Diplomacy!... that's a 4...." It keeps her in check though! Otherwise, she would be Mary-Sueing all over the place.

I thought I answered this.... Here, I'll answer it like this. The first fandom I posted on the internet was Star Wars. I don't really write it anymore, but I read it if anything catches my eye. There's alot of the same stuff out there now that disinterests me.

With the Predator fandom, or at least what I write in it, there really isn't a pairing. Usually you get the Lex/Scar crap which I'm not a fan of. What I miss however is the Machiko pairings. There used to be a shit-ton of them when I first joined; it was the main reason I did join. Then they sort of disappeared and I was all *sad face*. Machiko/Shorty is always fun-- the hate-fics. Then the Machiko/Dachande pairings are always nice.

...Haphazard.

Predator stuff.

... shit, what's more closet than Predator?

I constantly think my shit is shit, so I usually am not surprised by criticism and welcome it anyway especially in writing as that I can easily develop. I do crave positive affirmation, not gonna lie.

Music. Lots of music.

18. What inspires you?

My husband actually. We've been together for over ten years and there are a million silly events to apply to pairings. That biting-the-boob-thing for instance-- he's done it.

It's been touch-n-go. I write more original work than fanfiction, but I have not finished many of the original works either due to a block or overflow from another story. I've been writing since I could spell. I have been writing fanfiction since '94, my own work since '91. Some of the silly three paragraph stories I typed up on a cartrage typewriter when I was in the first grade are the basis for my larger works now. One writes, one develops. It's a skill when used strengthens. I'm not so strong with my vocabulary, but I own updated dictionaries and thesauruses to help me through failures. I'm not perfect, but I'm perfectly Haphazard.

IDk.

• 1 month later...

I’m a smart cookie who has a wonderful supportive hubby and a fluffy puppy. I’m a shopaholic, a gamer, and I love amusing myself.

I started writing fanfictions when I was 11, at the prompting of my best friend who got in trouble for spending hours on the phone listening to me make up stories about Beast Wars. A few years later I was posting fanfictions on the internet.

I write mostly Inuyasha fanfics, and I haven’t posted anything for other fandoms in a very long time.

I generally write pairings involving Sesshomaru.

The most popular fanfic I have posted right now… um I think is Spiel Mit Mir, but in the past (the original version) Regenerist was the most popular fic with nominations (and awards) for the Inuyashafanguild.

This is tough, because I like everything I write, and there are aspects of each fanfic that I find pride in.

I find writing liberating. Writing is my life, I live for it. I think the imagination part comes easy for me. The most difficult part of writing is the technical aspect. I have many language based learning disabilities, and I work my bottom off trying to compensate for them. ( For instance I didn’t know how to read until I was in 3rd grade, and I have absolutely no concept of phonics)

Sesshomaru and Inuyasha pairings are my favorite, because they are so damn difficult to write and make believable. In cannon there is no way in hell that that pairing could ever exist, and that makes it very appealing because I LOVE challenges.

Lol oh are there! Lol… um… yeah.

1.The overuse of seme/uke concepts in yaoi, I am so friggin sick of it because it almost automatically indicates that there is going to be major OOC and whiny baby shit going on.

2. Also… and this annoys me to no end… the whole beast vs Sesshomaru stuff. At first I thought it was an interesting take, now I have intense disappointment when that comes up in a fic. Why does he have to have split personalities? Really???

3. The liberal use of Japanese in anime related fics. I understand some words being used because they seem to be synonymous with the fanfiction (ie. Hanyou for halfbreed in Inuyasha). But damnit if you don’t f-ing know the language, don’t try to make every other word… gahhh!! I have an issue with this because I know conversational Japanese (my husband’s family is Japanese) and I cringe with mortification over the idiocy of using the language inappropriately.

Not those particular ones… I try to avoid writing anything that is cliché, although I probably don’t succeed.

Beast Wars! God, I love that show! I haven’t written anything for it in a very long time, but my experiences writing fanfiction for that have influenced and helped me develop as a writer.

I am not familiar with the “OTP” thing, but my most frequently written character is Sesshomaru. I love writing about him because I feel that the characterization of him in the show (and manga) leaves a lot of room for creative license. He generally has a lot of air time and very little internal dialog in proportion to that airtime.

Plus he falls under my favorite type of character, which I have dubbed the “Dinobot” character. To me characters who are not all good and not all bad, who have some ambiguity about what “side” they are on… yeah, those are my favs!

Ummm… me? Complex. I like complexity. I like psudoscience or real science in my stories (love science!) I don’t know, once a reviewer compared my writing to Danielle Steel’s works. They meant it as an insult, but there might be some credibility to the claim.

Oh yes. I am an avid reader. I actually like reading fanfics over professional works (erotic or not). I read a lot within the Inuyasha fandom, but I also like reading originals, games, and books.

I don’t know. I am a no boundaries kind of person when it comes to my writing. I think the scariest things to write are things that relate to personal grief.

I like criticism. It drives me to examine my work from different perspectives (my bf once told me that my characters needed to play board games because they had too much sex). And I swing wildly back and forth between being completely full of myself when it comes to my writing, and being humbled when I read someone who emulates what I consider to be proficiency.

Music all the way, music helps me get in the mood for writing.

18. What inspires you?

My driving need to escape from reality?

I cherish my experiences, and I believe writing has helped me grow as a person. I am good at writing, and I enjoy it… always the best part.

Friends? You mean my characters don’t count as friends… lol no really I’m not a nut, I just don’t know too many people on the site yet.

• 4 months later...

1. I'm at 21 year old mother with one daughter :) I'm going to school to be an MT & my body shows my love for ink & metal

2. My friend did actually. First thing I ever read was a Sess/Miro

3. I mainly write M/M but I do enjoy F/F with the occasional M/F of all kinds in either category

4. I have the tendency to do either really, just depends on my mood & what's going on at the time

5. I've written many but I've only posted the one so far & it's in progress at the moment

6. I have to say I'm pretty proud of the one I've started posting

7. I believe it honestly depends on the day & your mood; plus the fandom or characters you're choosing to use at the time

8. I would have to say Kurama/Yusuke just because of their personalites & the many different ways they could fit together

9. Not so much, at least not right now

10. I had a HP addicition for about 9 months

11. FMA. It's been a long time....

12. Sessh/Inu. I just love the way they are in the story line & the many different ways people put them together. I'm not too big on angst but I just love them together.

13. Scattered. I'll try anything once & even try to incorporate new ideas & styles into my writing

14. I read ficition at least once a day & I perfer M/M

15. I've been nervous about writing a good BDSM even thoughi do know a lot about it

16. I'll take anything you have to say to me in stride. Honesty is the best thing in a person & I could care less if you dislike something I write; no one is making you read it

17. Lots & Lots of Music

18. Just about anything can inspire me. Once, a rock did XD

19. I've written so many different pairings & so many different stories; finshing & unfinished that I just felt like I should finally get some peoples opinion on what I'm doing

20. I dont reallly have anyone to tag yet

• 5 months later...
Guest Jessi Schoon

Umm, my name is OneWingedAngel, I'm 20something girl who enjoys writing a lot! I want to become a published author someday!

Gosh, it's been so long that I can't remember anymore. I think I was watching Sailor Moon ironically and decided, I wanna write a story about it!

I like action/adventure, romantic comedy kinda stuff. Course sometimes when I write romance it tends to end up kinda cheesy but that's okay, sometimes we need a little cheesy in our lives.

Yes, for the most part. I have pairings that I love to write, mostly because I've written them so many times it's easier to get into the characters mindset. That being said, I do have some series in which I'm a fandom whore.

Well on other sites, my most popular fic is "Love is Never Silent." I'm not exactly sure why people like it so much, I guess it's because I chose a pairing that's not exactly popular. I'm not really sure, to be honest. It could be any number of reasons, you'd have to ask them.

Of course, it's once again. Love Is Never Silent. I love FFVII and I love all the characters in the series. That and the pairing is just so darn cute!

There are times when I do find it challenging, especially when I find myself constantly reusing the same words maybe 7 or 8 times in a single chapter, but the fun part is using the thesaurus to find new words to use! I also have trouble keeping my muse around when I need it, there are times when I want to write and am not able to, other times, I don't want to write, but I'm suddenly inspired with about 100 different ideas.

Tifa laughed a bit, as she wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. "So it looks like you find yourself something to do. Sorry for leaving you all on your own."

Rude shook his head as he took out the last remaining sub, he then stood up and stretched. "It's okay Tifa. It took me awhile to find a game that I enjoyed, but surprisingly, I enjoyed myself." He looked down at her, concerned. "What about you? Are you okay?" He asked, taking her hand.

Tifa nodded as they headed back down the stairs to the second level. "Yeah. I'm feeling better now. Although the machine might be out of commission for a few days…maybe a few weeks?"

Rude raised an eyebrow at her. "What happened to it?"

Tifa looked around nervously. "Umm, well that's the thing…it may have sort of broke…a bit…"

"It broke?" He asked as he looked over and saw several mechanics swarming around a certain machine, smoke was pouring out of it and it sent several sparks into the air as well. "Uh-huh."

Tifa blushed a bit as she looked down at her feet. "Yeah, it was the strangest thing. I was playing it and all of a sudden the screen just exploded!"

Rude raised his eyebrow again at her. "Uh-huh. And the screen didn't happen to explode because you punched it right?"

Tifa just smiled a bit, running her hand through her hair. "Hey, I've got a game for you to try out Rude!" She said as she quickly led him away and into a corner. "It's one you haven't played yet. You might enjoy it." She said as she sat him down in front of the game.

He looked up at them game and looked at her in disbelief. "Mog's House? This game is called Mog's House."

"Yup." She said as she inserted the gil. "Just try it Rude. It won't kill you to try it."

Rude rolled his eyes as the all too cheerful music started playing. "What the hell are you making me play Tifa? The music alone is going to give me nightmares."

Tifa just laughed and shook her head. "Just play it sweetheart."

Rude's mouth fell open. "What?! The entire point of this game is to hook him up with a female moogle? Tifa….."

Tifa laughing, gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Just play it Rude."

(I'm not sorry that it's more than a few scentences! It's one of my favorite scenes involving these two!)

Yes, there are quite a few of them.

1. Mary Sues, yeah I know I've written a few stories involving Mary Sues, but I'm going through and doing a lot of changes to those characters. It just annoys me to no end and it makes a story really boring and predictable!

2. When people write stories and dramatically change the characters personalities, so much so that they aren't even the same characters anymore. For example, I positively HATE Rude/Reno pairings, for the most part it's because of how dramatically they change Rude's personality. I personally don't think that there is anyway that Rude would be the submissive in that relationship!

3. I don't know if it's a really trend but I HATE when people write stories and don't spell check and/or use chat speak. It just annoys the living daylights out of me! How do you expect me to even consider reading your story if u tlk liek dis. Gahh! That gives me a headache! I know most computers nowadays have spell check, I know if I can't spell a word I usually go to google and type in the word and it corrects it for me!

4. The over used stereotypical love stories! Y'know the ones I'm talking about! The ones with the two characters who are complete opposites and then somehow they manage to fall in love, I've read a lot of those and they are all the same! Or how about the ones with two characters who meet and fall in love in the same chapter, extra points if they automatically fall in love at first sight! Come on, please use some creativity!

I do admit that I have been guilty of #4. But that was a long time ago when I first started writing. I also had a tendency to write Mary Sue characters, but as I stated, I've gone and changed all the stories to make the characters not so Mary Sue, or in the point of one story, just gotten rid of it all together because it was just too Mary Sue!

It was either Sailor Moon or Yu-Gi-Oh, I'm not sure which one. In the cause of Sailor Moon, yes! I still write Sailor Moon fanfics and am a big Sailor Moon fan! In the case of Yu-Gi-Oh, I think I might've burned myself out on it for the time being. Yes, I still do like the series, but I don't write any fanfics of it anymore.

Surprise, surprise guess who is first on the list:

Rude/Tifa, they are my absolute favorite OTP! In fact, I have put most of my other stories on hold just so that I can give this pairing more support. If you need reasons why, see above!

Prof Oak/Mrs. Ketchum, I feel that this pairing doesn't get much love at all! I think that they are really cute together and would honestly make a very cute couple. I honestly can't explain why I love this pairing, I just do! It probably has something to do with the fact that I've been a Pokemon fan from the very beginning and they are two of my favorite characters in the series. That and there are so many other fics that mostly involve other characters that these characters seem to be forgotten as characters in the show.

Hmm. I don't know if I really have a style...I guess writing stories for pairings that don't get enough love would be my style if you can count that as style?

I do all the time! Hmm, I guess I find myself reading romantic comedies the most, followed by just humor, then action/adventure and finally if I'm bored enough, I'll just read straight tragedies.

NC-17 stuff, I get really embarrassed to write the stuff. I don't know why but every time I write a few sentences, I find myself blushing so much that i glow in the dark and just close the story and walk away from it. Maybe I just need more practice in writing it. I love to read the stuff, but I can't bring myself to write it.

Only when it's the flamers. I HATE the flamers. I get them a lot for my Rude/Tifa fics. Most of the people say that Rude and Reno are the only ones who belong together or that Cloud and Tifa are the only ones who belong together. If I wanted to write a fic with those characters, then I would! I happen to love that pairing and will continue to write about it! I hate when people criticize my work and have no respect for the pairing at all and just flame my story just because they can! It's a waste of my time and theirs cause when I get those kind of reviews, I just delete them right away.

I love when people criticize my work, as long as it's constructive criticism!

I guess it depends on the story that I'm writing, for my current fic, I have a playlist that I listen to when I'm writing. Sometimes I'll either watch the movie or play the video game to get some ideas. It all depends on what series I'm writing for and the type of story that it is.

18. What inspires you?

Right now, it's Nobuo Uematsu who is my inspiration. His music for the Final Fantasy games is just amazing and very inspiring! I can close my eyes and just picture how my story is going to play out. I've also had my bf inspire me as well. Sometimes we'll just be talking and 10 minutes later, I've written almost an entire page of ideas!

It's been one interesting journey! I've written so many different types of genres and many more different series'! I find myself improving everyday as a writer because of it!

I have friends?!?!?

• 1 month later...

Well, now. This makes for a really, really slow tag, since I was tagged about 28 months ago. Better late than never, I hope. I don't think my answers are necessarily as interesting as most of the above. Here they are anyway...

Former software dev until hit by downsizing and health issues. Was avid consumer of many books and certain games. for decades, dabbling in several creative areas.

Read a few early Trek zines but decided texts higher priority. Fast forward to a period where a friend told me about online fanfiction when book budget was very lean and I was playing a year old CRPG. At the end I was outraged by the ending, where tropes weren't subverted but used like a bludgeon on their paying customers for dev convenience instead of playing by the rules of that universe. If they can't abide by the universe rules, or the rules they make themselves, they're pretty lazy writers.

So I wrote a sequel to fix many of the dangling plotholes, reweaving in dropped characters and events, letting many characters have places to shine.

Usually most of mine are on the long side and/or connected to side stories, so I can feature more than one set of leads. Genre for a story can vary from adventure/redemption, to a farce wedding with nasty political undertones, to eldritch elder god swallow the city. Character studies and parody are free of charge. I usually try for realistic fantasy with grit, drama, angst, and a little romance, in strong rotating first person.

Usually the same pairings from only a couple fandoms; remember I usually start writing when I'm angry with how the professionals messed up. Any others are shorter pieces.

My most popular fanfic is what I call riddles that are answered by all the sidekick characters in a CRPG. The point was to help me get into the heads of these sometimes flat characters and be able to present them well.

Well, I really want to say my current projects, even if I have too many pots on the stove right now. But really it's my first novel length, that I finished during NaNo 07 and I managed to post despite serious inhibitions.

Sometimes easy, sometimes hard. I love when a short challenge comes together in a couple of hours. Hard is block and RL. Harder than block is trying to revise to submission standards without feeling lost/untrained.

“I thought we were at least friends, Anders.” Her voice was a small whisper.
That made him look up and meet her eyes; he could not deny her this much. Touching her cheek, he held every other muscle in place with more willpower than he ever had as a mere human. “I'm sorry, Hawke. It wasn't intentional.”
She swayed into his touch, her eyes wide and pleading.
It was still too dangerous, but he brushed fingers down to the tip of her chin, barely resisting touching her lips. “Nothing has changed.” My dear one, he wanted to say. “How about if I meet everyone at the Hanged Man tonight? ”
Hawke's mouth closed before her lips compressed. Her voice sounded forced. “That's good. You wouldn't believe some of the things Isabela tries to con us into doing after a few drinks. You can make sure someone is sober enough to tell her no. You're good at that.”
He deserved that, even if he only wanted Hawke to have a better life, one without him and the inevitability of the Templars and his execution.

making canon characters useless/idiots

Well, I wrote a crosssover once, but retained enough sanity to not post it, made easier by a hard drive meltdown.

I read or reread NWN stories once in a while, and I still have the last novel for that cast that I wrote for NaNo '09 that I want to finish.

Casavir-Lon-Bishop as the three of them balance each other rather well, and overload of BAMF.

AND Hawke-Anders as repeating the same actions and expecting different results is insanity and I don't think the healer is gone. He needs an anchor and she needs family.

realistic fantasy, TANSTAAFL, Mr Heinlein.

Yes, almost exclusively fandoms I'm writing in.

Maybe STOS, because destroying Vulcan is lazy drama and disrespectful to all who wrote and filmed watched before.

I love detailed and useful criticism, but don't get it often. I'm more likely to get depressed and crash from harsh and undetailed comments. (then again the one review that said something was too kinky boggled me)

I prefer instrumental music to fit the mood, but I get far too many interruptions for more than a few hours a week.

18. What inspires you?
A mental scene, visual or with dialogue... solving a plot problem/puzzle... NaNo

Bemused and not quite sure how it happened as I went several decades without the slightest wish to write. I want some feedback far more than I expected once. Fanfic has a several decades long tradition of being training wheels for SF/F

Have me? For dinner? Halve me for annoying them? (sorry, don't really believe in tagging)

• 4 months later...

I luv memes!

'kay, I'm 28 going on 13, I'm married to my sweetheart, I'm a tomboy, I've got 3 kids I'm training to become pro-gamers and I really, really, love Dante.

My favourite author killed off probably the hottest villain in the literature world. It didn't suit me well, so I wrote about a hundred different endings >:3 Hence, fanfiction was born. I had no idea I was actually writing fanfiction back then, though. I thought I was the only one who did stuff like that.

The Forbidden Game and Devil May Cry, with heavy themes of action, romance *grimace*, and horror.

Er... I prefer writing the pairings that are legit in said fandom. Not too many of those out there, y'know. Too many fan-pairings. I'm also confined to TFG and DMC so...wait, I'm confusing myself. What's the question? I don't get it. :help: I write Julian and Dante a lot so I guess I do tend to write the same characters often? I'm such a dork, never mind, next question.

My song inspired two-part fanfic called I Hate Everything About You and (the sequel) Why Do I Love You.

And I have no idea why they like it. I certainly don't. I started it with the mindset of creating an OC, the way I think one should write an OC if they were to trample through the fanfic, who is not just another copy of some hot curvy girl in skin tight leather who can kick booty (success!), and then making her as dislikeable as possible (failed), and then killing her dead with fire and bullets and all my pent up fangirl rage. Because I can't go around killing everybody else's OC getting their grubby claws all over Dante, now can I? It's my hate fic, I don't put half as much effort into it as I do into my oneshots, and still people like it. :bash: AND I DUNNO WHY!!!!

Heeeeheeheeheee....Two Little Boys.

I find it...natural. Most difficult would be writing romance (and sex scenes). ...yeah.

8. Write a few sentences or so of your favorite pairing or character.
He's hot - despite the snorkel he's got in the middle of his face, but his abs make up for that. He's one of the most endearing characters I've come across considering his tragic history. He's also one of the laziest, wittiest and biggest jerks. His lame jokes and tough-guy exterior is, according to the creator, a facade to hide his true feelings. He's insecure and claims not to be, even though it's pretty obvious that he is. He's the bad-ass good guy. He's like, the ultimate hot rod bachelor.

I kind of touched on this already, but to emphasise, OC's who are short of sleazy feminists (like Lady) who manage, without much effort, to get Dante to fall in love with them.

Nope. As I said, I'm going to kill off my authentic OC. No one can haz Dante. NO ONE!

The Forbidden Game :) I have a couple of works in progress that I still need to tend to.

Nero x Kyrie. They're just sooooooo cute. And it's legit.

SSSSSSSmokin'. :thumbsup:

Of course! I pick out my favourites from the slush pile and often end up going back to reread them. If you get Dante in-character, you're in my favourite's like *snap*. He's actually really hard to write. I commend the writers who pull it off.

:blush: ...pass!

Nope. I wouldn't be putting my work out there if I didn't want some crit. I have suffered from a bloated ego, long ago when people started favouriting and following and reviewing my work. Nobody really ever told me that I suck at writing, or need to improve (because I was and still am improving my writing every chance I get) but I often had fall-outs with other writers who attacked me and said I'm a self-proclaimed guru (which I wasn't and never claimed to be) but I think... maybe my confidence in my writing was a bit too 'in your face'? I dunno. One day I received a review pertaining to an old story, and I wanted to respond appropriately (I've got a bad memory) so I went to reread the fanfic in question.

Not even halfway through I was like :WTF: and I remember thinking 'people actually READ this crap? And review it? And LIKE it?' which resulted in my removing the fic in question in total humiliation. I thought it was terrible. And then I got flamed by the readers for taking it down, big time. That's when I made a deal with myself to never reread work I've posted up. So ego? Non-existent. I love writing and I won't ever give it up, but I don't believe I'm as good as people say I am.

I have playlists for each of my fics. It helps get me back into the right mindset.

18. What inspires you?
Dante :drool2: and Julian :drool:

Fan-tastic? Hehehe. I met some amazing writers and made life-long friends through fanfiction, so it's all good.

As a writer? Well, I kinda suck at summaries.

....I haz no friendz

I am Kagome, but pen name is lia200304..been that way since i started writing in highschool ( 12 years and counting) I am now 28 and unfortantly i cant finish my associates dregree in human services till i come up with the money and then i will continue on to the next degree! (hopefully) I play servant to my parents at home and most of the time i am reading fanfiction or my books!

My first anime was Inuyasha, and i was obsessed with Kagome/Inuyasha so i went on ff.net and read a lot of fanfiction!

Mostly anime, cartoons and The big bang theory! Mostly M/F but occasionally i will do a M/M fic!

I admit i do...I just cant picture myself writing different pairings...

I would say that it was my first Fanfiction: 'Christmas love for inuyasha' on ff.net but at one point i got sick of how i wrote it and zapped it...I sadly didnt keep copies of it for future projects. People loved it!

At the moment, the big bang theory fanfic "coitus conundrum"

The research! For the big bang theory fic, i have to write about pregnancy and I never had children so I wouldn't know a thing or two about it. So i got a lot of research for this fic to work!

“What is it Sheldon? I am trying to enjoy my Christmas eve watching ‘it’s a wonderful life’.”

“Well penny I want to implore an experiment with you”

“What type of experiment Sheldon”

“An eggnog experiment”

“ The Eggnog experiment?”

“Yes my dear penny. I want to see what types of alcohol go great with eggnog.”

“And why do you want to do that? I don’t even think you like drinking alcohol. That’s more of a Raj thing isn’t it?”

“Because I have seen year after year our friends drink eggnog and come home drunk. They listed off all the good things that go with Eggnog and I want to try them to gather information and use it for further reference. So what do you say?”

no not really..lol

nope! lol

The first fandom I wrote for was Inuyasha and up until a couple of years ago i did, but i moved on to bigger and better things!

ummmmmmm idk

I really don't have a writing style! what i write is my own!

Oh gosh...i dont want to give people big heads but Imsadistic's Ranma fics, Dany's Kagome/shesshy fics, and many many more!

I am shy to write yuri! It took me a while to do Yoai but i dont think i can do yuri...but i do so want to! Oh and original fanfiction too! I want to make up my own story but when i want to do it, i am afraid to write because i believe i cant come up with my own ideas and i could be copying someone!

Yep! I took a lot of criticism for the 'christmas' fic back in the day, i take it in strides now.

Music usually works..if now reading other peoples work of the characters i am writing helps! most of the time anyways

18. What inspires you?

hm......a good fanfiction that is elegantly written and keeps the characters the way they are in the tv or movie or whatever or really funny ones that make me think about other ways to make the characters work! lol

I am an okay writer. i got along way to go before i can be the best like my friends on here that get published...

ummmmmmmm shunskitten perhaps?

Edited by kagome2526

• 1 year later...

Pen Name and IRL alter ego Hana Aakiwa, Barely have a twitter account haven't been buggered to make a facebook and currently working on a novel! Things people sometimes but mostly don't care about: A) Lesbian B) Femme C) EEEH IS THAT DARK BLUE OOH howmuchisitcaniafforditisitforsale?

I googled written pornography and wound up on AFF. So yeah....

I tend towards OF because I don't know the head canon the author has for other writers but I would if force probably right an Eldest fanfic about Arya and Nadia

I tend to jump around a lot yeah, But call me a whore again and you hit you with my staff soundly upon your skull. (As the healer people don't expect swords)

I confess I would have to publish something for that to be identifiable. I'll work on it.

Well it's OF so its not fanfic but... THE NOVEL I'M RIGHTING THE PERSON YOU THINK IS THE MAIN CHARACTER GETS.... wait a second. Sorry spoiler tag

KILLED OFF MWAHAHA

Easy, until I have to edit it for length reasons. I am very good at getting the important stuff across in very few words.

As Lisandra pushed into Cassy her senses seemed to scream ith new life. Sounds that before were faint were mass orchestras of detail. THe whole forest brimmed with new sounds all sending into a tizzy that just pushed here further into Cassy's loving arms.

Several, Mostly though the ones I get sick of are ones that are tagged so I can avoid them easily.

Early in my writing (Not any I will ever publish) I wrote a good few Mary Sues into my favoured franchises.

Off the top of my head probably.... Wait have I ever actually written down my fanfic or is it all still in my head? Probably the latter. My handwriting sucks.

Um, Given my views on polyamory I don't actually have one. I

Stuttered, Maybe 2-3 paragraphs a sitting. Sometimes becomes disconnected.

Less so now. But I tend towards F/F pairings because well read the first prompt.

Um, I've written or talk about pretty much everything I would love ot.

Eeh! You read my work and like it enough to help me get better! EEEH THANK YOU!!!!

Peace, quite. And tea.. Hmmm tea, Brb

18. What inspires you?

Sometimes wanting to right some girl on girl. Most of the time I get some random phrase stuck in my head and work with that as a prompt.

I'm a noob. Plain and simple. And generally good on the fanfiction front.

20. Tag some friends, because they'll have you for it

AFF population as a whole. Tinuethiel, Grieving, Lucifer

Edited by Miss_Aakiwa

Ok, um just me or would you like me to introduce everyone living in my head...they don't want to hear about us...speak for yourself...hey, I wanna be introduced...yeah, me too...HUSH...why, we live here too...ALL OF YOU BE QUIET! Sorry about that...um, what was the question again?

Uh, I don't actually write fanfiction...um, I write strictly original works...hello? Hey am I in the right interview...hello?

Um, I just said I write only original stories. Hey, are you listening to me?

I have several stories going, but my most prolific is a series so yeah, same pairings, and while I may or may not be a whore - I still don't write fanfic!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? I write originals! So I think my most popular is the In The Grass series. and I think people like that it is more character driven then about the sex scenes...though they aren't too bad if I say so myself.

Now you're doing it on purpose! So my favorite ORIGINAL STORY...that's original, not fanfic...is probably Going Home because its based pretty closely on me and I'm a vain egomaniac :)

Easy once I get started it just sort of flows out, so I guess the hardest part for me is getting that first word down

“Max? Ummm, have you ever been kissed by a girl…Ummm…I mean…like a grown up kiss…ummm…you know…on the lips?” Emma asked shyly and Max just stared as he shook his head slowly.

“Emma?”

“Yes Max?”

“Can I kiss you?” Max asked as he blushed fiercely, Emma was blushing just as hard, and she nodded her head, slowly licking her lips. Max leaned in and gently brushed his lips against hers and she gasped as she felt an electric shock shoot through her body, ending up in her most private of places.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of all the Harry Potter stuff...that's right, I'm calling you Potter people out!

For the last time, I don't write fanfic...you're really starting to piss me off now!

It is the site that shall not be named, That's right, I'm making fun of the Potter People again! And no, I don't go there anymore.

Hmmm, it would have to be Emma and Max in the Girls In The Grass series...or maybe Amy and Max...or is it Alice and Max....or perhaps Becca and Max....yeah, Max is kinda a man whore! I like whores... ;)

Third person, with omnicient glimpses, I believe the technically term is rambling mess!

No, only one I've read was a FireFly one that I liked,it was calle Retro-Vertigo by Moss-gypsy...but it's been a while

Mostly I read Originals such as Vengence by Angeldust, Privateer by Bigman7307 is good and I like Sister, Sister by That-one-guy

Yeah, anyone who has read Boy In The Grass can tell you I don't really hold back...so....Maybe a Harry Potter fanfic...hahahaha...oh my god, I couldn't keep a straight face...

No, just have trouble with someone who keeps asking me about the fanfics I HAVEN'T written! And what's wrong with a bloated ego? It just means there's more to stroke!

A keyboard attached to a functioning computer

18. What inspires you?

Actually most of my storylines come to me while I'm sleeping, a few are actually based on my life...oh and Vicodan helps a lot!

That's it, I'm done...where's the exit? My agent will hear about this!

20. Tag some friends, because they'll have to do it for you!

Hey Angeldust Bigman That-one-guy and a nice shout out to Bronx and shunskitten and whoever I forgot...like jelad...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.