Click Here!

Funny Typos

BronxWench

"I often wondered why I torcher myself"

:fthrower: ?

My immediate thought was that this person had set him-/herself on fire. Human torch. *gags* What a stench that would leave.

"There is one more thing she will also do what no other fae woman before her has done. She will bare many children."

Here I thought the Minor2 tag was because one of the main characters is sixteen. Whoops.

Yeah, when I read it I had exactly the same thought. It always amazes me how so many people are so terrible with grammar. And if you're not sure that the word is spelled right, you should check, right? For that matter, if you know what you mean but not how to spell the word, why not try a thesaurus? That's sometimes even more helpful than a dictionary, although I've noticed that most people avoid dictionaries less. (Had to phrase it that way; I couldn't think of how to spell the plural of 'thesaurus' and didn't want to look it up.)

Edited by Cuzosu

LOL. My first thought was "thesauri".

Having now looked it up in a student dictionary (out of random - and perhaps rampant - curiosity), I have discovered that the plural of 'thesaurus' can be either 'thesauri' or 'thesauruses'.... Live and learn, eh? (I prefer 'thesauri' but maybe that's just me.)

And back on topic....

"I love a good fight thirst fing in the morning." *facepalm* My fingers ran away with me....

• 1 month later...

My most recent fail, as I was typing up a message to Raymy via email: "ketchup and mustard" became "kestard and mutchup." Thankfully I caught it before sending, but I mentioned it to her anyway and posted it here regardless. We all need a laugh sometimes, right? ;)

I really shouldn't write when I'm that tired.

Edited by Cuzosu

• 1 month later...

Recently made some typos in a language I myself am creating for a huge fantasy project of mine. Oops. XD

One of these resulted in something that could be interpreted as "and the scribe got fucked (with) [by the wind]" rather than the "and the writings were messed up [by the wind]". Three letters difference, wholly different meaning. XD (Ki zhelem tayi azir [rha lian] instead of the Ki zhelan tayi azar [rha lian] I intended. XD)

Not that either sentence will be likely to actually make it into the story - mostly working on sentences to figure out which parts of grammar I have so far neglected and which words I still miss. Can't reference to a language properly if I myself don't know it.

As to more... mundane typos, "The elevator went pup."

Morphing elevators, what is the world coming to?

"This floxed me."

*glares at typo, smacks self in the head* That's what I get for being unable to decide whether to type "foxed" or "flummoxed"....

Here's one of mine I just found "He towelled his hands dry with the rage he’d been using" :spit: I had no idea my characters had the ability to manifest their rage into linen.

Yeah, the heat of one's rage would be like those hot air dryers in public cans. To say, "he towelled his hands dry with rage", is a metaphor that could well have been intentional. You don't mind if I use it, do you?

Edited by Raymy

• 2 weeks later...

Wiping tears from my eyes as I read all of these great typo terror moments. My contribution came from several reviews I have collected over the years.

#1 { in my opinion, detrimental to the writing style and injures the flow of the story. } When I read this, I wondered how typed words could get physically injured. :duel:

#2{ But, I have just joined so I can not really say anything at all good job! } :unsure:

For the first week I pondered whether they were saying my writing style sucked, or that they were so new to reviewing stories they were not doing a good job. Considering how many coherent good jobs I received, I decided they were probably saying the same.

#3{I still get the same thought wot happened when tak finished work and wot is kts idea of a first date.}

It took me 5 minutes to stop seeing light bulbs in my head over the "wot" shorthand. Not certain as to why that happens. However wot looks to me as if it should be spell checked into the genuine word "watt" for some reason. <_<

#4 {when do u plan to update this chapi check it just about everyday but no luck. and thank u for putting in the missing parts so one can only gather what the next story will be like compelete }

The story this child (?) or ditzy bad joke variety Blond (?) was reviewing was already marked completed in big bold letters. I ended the number one novel's final page with the obligatory Author's Note stating that the "Next story is Alternate Tracks, Sequel to A Rivalry Revealed."

Is it only me, or do people not comprehend straight forward English in this day and age? Something has gone seriously wrong within the education system in place for American children I fear. :bash::cry:

And the grand Finale that had me twitching when I saw it two years ago: #5 {and i see

it's a YAOI

and YESH! i love YAOI!

i wonder who'll be the pair

would be be my fave

ahhaha

i wonder why people don't review in this}

I have yet to decide if the reviewer was high on crack, another illegal substance, or suffering from acute insomnia exacerbated by caffeine overdose and too much sugar when they sent their review. :bash:

#3{I still get the same thought wot happened when tak finished work and wot is kts idea of a first date.}

It took me 5 minutes to stop seeing light bulbs in my head over the "wot" shorthand. Not certain as to why that happens. However wot looks to me as if it should be spell checked into the genuine word "watt" for some reason. <_<

Oh my Gods! I laughed so hard. I don't know "wot" was intended for the words "tak" or "kts" but I loved the word, "wot". I think I'm going to be seeing that spelling in my head every time I say the word from now on. It makes sense to me if I hear a British accent when I read it.

Oh my Gods! I laughed so hard. I don't know "wot" was intended for the words "tak" or "kts" but I loved the word, "wot". I think I'm going to be seeing that spelling in my head every time I say the word from now on. It makes sense to me if I hear a British accent when I read it.

Hey, you're right, I can see it with a Brit's accent also now. Cool. :) Gives it even more amusement value. Too bad the reviewer was not from Britain. The kids said they were using IM shorthand when I did a head bang on the computer desk moaning about illiteracy in this country. Wot is supposed to be what as they explained it to me.

Tak stands for Takumi Fujiwara from Initial D. KTs - shorthand for Keisuke Takahashi, the other main street racer from Initial D and Takumi's Project D Teammate. I understand that Tokyo Pop coined the names Tak and KT for their version. It was a complete flop in America the first time it was released because fans had complete melt downs over the changes made to several Character names.

I own Stage one through four in the Japanese version. Heard that Funimation took over and re dubbed the series. The names are correct now. Plus, the cursing and other things were returned to the series.

Blame my addiction to this street racing show on my older son. He's a car fanatic, and mechanically inclined the same as myself. When he brought the Initial D box sets home, I kind of confiscated them after I saw the first few episodes. He thinks it is hilarious how often I watch the series. :) Hehehe. Keisuke is so much fun to pick on cause he is a bad boy. Then again, Takumi is also, only because he's such a cute little prude.

Edited by Kurahieiritr

Sorry to sidetrack this thread. Buuuuut ... I'm still gonna.

Keisuke is so much fun to pick on cause he is a bad boy. Then again, Takumi is also, only because he's such a cute little prude.

Hey, thanks for the clarification. Although, I watched the series before I read this post, so I figured out my error pretty quick. Since I'm so into Bleach (and know you've seen it), I made a parallel between KT and Grimmjow's attitudes. But Takumi just takes the cake! I totally agree with "cute little prude". There was this one subbed line that described him as "clueless" and that's him in a nutshell. I love that about him.

Sorry to sidetrack this thread. Buuuuut ... I'm still gonna.

Hey, thanks for the clarification. Although, I watched the series before I read this post, so I figured out my error pretty quick. Since I'm so into Bleach (and know you've seen it), I made a parallel between KT and Grimmjow's attitudes. But Takumi just takes the cake! I totally agree with "cute little prude". There was this one subbed line that described him as "clueless" and that's him in a nutshell. I love that about him.

Hehe. Takumi truly is clueless and it is often somewhat intentional on his part. His horrid self esteem problem is so obvious it is painfully adorable. I also love him for it because he makes writing his perspective interesting to say the least. Itsuke is the other character I'm picking on more each day. He's so ADHD and seriously Chemical Imbalanced I can no longer resist the urge to explore his possibilities. :) Anyway, I think I've gotten off topic long enough. I really should get back to revisions and posting the 4 stories here.

• 1 month later...

Alright, this one had a couple of gems:

He said with a huge grin, holding her body to him loosely by the waste, with a highly pleased and contented smile on his face.

and

“Doing you apparently sweaty, that is if you have no other plans.’’

He said with a huge grin, holding her body to him loosely by the waste, with a highly pleased and contented smile on his face.

A: I for one saw a guy holding some woman's trash can when I read it. It is very amusing to see correctly spelled typos. I am notorious for producing such typos that are spelled correctly. :) I kind of have to rub the back of my head and pretend not to *facepalm* as the anime fans tend to say. One of these days I should dig out some of my correctly spelled and completely wrong word used typos to share

Is it cheating if you find them in Youtube comments? (For "Coin Operated Boy" by the Dresden Dolls, whom I now love. You did this, Rogue. You accurately suggested it to me as a song I should find exasperating and then I ended up obsessed with their discordance.)

"Vibrators aren't batter operated."

Well, it's true. Maybe they meant coin, though.

Is it cheating if you find them in Youtube comments?

Nope! Go back a few pages - I've found them on Google, news articles, and Gorton's coupons. ;)

As to the vibrator thing - :rofl: I now have an image in my head of someone trying to prove that incorrect...

And hey - don't ask me for exasperating songs if you don't actually want one, yeah? :lol: