Click Here!

Ferrets!

angrymuffin

I happened to see the most adorable thing today. A ferret. It was small, white, and had a grey stripe going down its back. Seriously. How cute is that? Well I've been wanting a ferret for the longest time, but there's a small problem. We already have three cats, one that I swear has some multiple personality disorder and hates our other two cats...and pretty much anything else that moves (including our feet.)

The point is, permisson to get said ferret was denied because of the cats.

Do you guys think I should drop the idea of buying the ferret? It's trained, litter trained, and I could take it outside. But do you think it's worth it with the risk that it could either be eaten, or attack my cats?

I've had a lot of pets, and my recommendation is to not get a ferret. For the most part my larger animals have always been afraid of my rodents, until I got a dog who was hell bent on killing my pet rat, which he eventually did. Not only might your cats become obsessed with killing it, but you might get tired of it. I've found having cats and rodents, then dogs cats and rodents, that at a certain point the rodents feel like a burden. When life is insane and busy nd miserable larger pets have a way of making you feel better The ferret, if it is not the only pet, won't rub up against you after a hard day and make you feel loved, it will on the other hand require food, water, cleaning, and perhaps bite you.

Stick to the cats and visit the little guys in the pet store. That's my advice.

I've had a lot of pets, and my recommendation is to not get a ferret. For the most part my larger animals have always been afraid of my rodents, until I got a dog who was hell bent on killing my pet rat, which he eventually did. Not only might your cats become obsessed with killing it, but you might get tired of it. I've found having cats and rodents, then dogs cats and rodents, that at a certain point the rodents feel like a burden. When life is insane and busy nd miserable larger pets have a way of making you feel better The ferret, if it is not the only pet, won't rub up against you after a hard day and make you feel loved, it will on the other hand require food, water, cleaning, and perhaps bite you.

Stick to the cats and visit the little guys in the pet store. That's my advice.

I'm not sure. I've had my dog meike for two years now, she's a pit bull rotweiler mix. But I had always wanted a little chihuahua, so when I moved from my apartment into the house I live in now, I got a little chihuahua puppy (his name is Peabody, he's currently around six months old and only 3 pounds! Compared to my 90 pound pit bull!) Anyway everyone I knew said it was stupid, and my pit bull would eat the chihuahua. But I said fuck em, and I was right, both dogs get along better than great! The chihuahua actually likes to pick on my pit bull, bitting her ears and tail, walking on her when she's trying to take a nap.... its hilarious. So my point is sometimes you just have to say fuck em! And do what you want! BUT I never let them be alone together when I'm not there, and when I first brought the chihuahua home I watched them both like a hawk. So you do have to take the potential for danger seriously and be on your guard so no one gets hurt. Well thats my two cents ;)