Click Here!

Is Anyone Here A Review Whore?

Squallfan

• 1 year later...
Guest Monsterking

*Sighs* You Guys are lucky my story GODZILLA KING OF THE RAINLANDS Is only reviewed by one person continuesly and yes i am as of now obssessed with obtaining reviews. So i guess you can call me an REVIEW WHORE!

Here is the link to the fiction of mine that has turned me into an REVIEW WHORE!

http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600091282

WARNING THIS IS THE MOST UNIQUE AND TWISTED LION KING CROSSOVER FICTION EVER SO DONT SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU BROTHER AND SISTER DUDES!

• 1 month later...

I'm brand ne to the world of AFF, at least as a writer. Loooooooong time reader, lol. But yes, I ama review whore, so far as my other haunts are concerned, so I know I'll become a review whore here. Right now, I only have one chapter of one story posted though, so not whoring myself out to bad, lol. I expect this to rapidly change though.... :ph34r:

As for types of reveis, I agree with most everything said thus far. I enjoy the occassional squee, but I'd much rather have some solid concrit. It's jus more useful to me as a writer. Also, I don't think anyone needs flames. Sure, lots of wirters out here need some SERIOUS concrit, but I always try to be nice about it, and expect the same courtesy. And gah, reviews in another language. =_= I try not to let these annoy me to much, but god. If you can read my english story, I assume you can write in english, ne? Ugh, I'm going off on tangents...

Me+no sleep=tangents :D:P

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I admit I used to be one mayor review whore... but when people stopped commenting on my stories, something unexpected happened to me. I was perfectly able to write without any kind of feedback, and finished some rather decent chapters without caring for the lack of reviews. But as soon as the reviews began coming again, all my inspiration just died. Just like that. Weren't reviews supposed to work the other way around? :D

But anyway, I still enjoy every little single comment I get on my stories, whether it's concrit or just the "OMG PLEASE UPDATE SOON!" kind of reviews. I consider myself lucky for never getting a flame, but then again, I'm also kind of new in here. I also try to review the stories that I like (but since lately I have been busy with my final exams, I haven't really had much time to read fics) so, I'm still hoping karma will reward me one of these days.

And as for reviews in another language... I doubt people can tell what my mother language is just by looking at my writing, and if they do, well no problem there. As long as I don't get a review in L33T, I'm just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I love reviews. I want them constantly. I write something I want someone to say what they think what they don't like, what they do like ect. Constructive criticism is always great. When i first started writing my story The Ship I got some really good reviews from a reader. They gave me more confidence.

Honestly, who doesn't like reviews?

I really think more people should actually write them seeing as how some of my stories have got over 1000 hits and yet they've got less than 10 reviews mostly (with the exception of my Zelda fic).

I think we should all make a conscious effort to review every fic we read, even if it's just a simple 'I enjoyed it' review. That way, it'd be easier to be review whores!

• 6 months later...

I dish 'em out to each and every fic I read - and bend over with the lube handy when they give it right back.

Yep, I'm a whore. Just as eager to give - as I am to receive... Though I do prefer it good, deep, penetrating, thorough, and completely honest... :):lol::sex::sex: (and orgies of them are even better!)

I'm not a review whore but I do like getting reviews since I write in an underrated fandom. I really do NOT appreciate the Please Write More or the Post the Next Chapter Soon kind of reviews, They irritate the piss out of me.

Flames I can ignore.

Screaming fangirls I ignore since there’s no way humanly possible to beat any sense into them.

• 3 months later...
Honestly, who doesn't like reviews?

This is, in my not so humble opinion, the point. However, if one likes receiving feedback, I absolutely do not consider him/her as a review whore. I am really happy every time someone feels like telling me what they thought about my stories but I'd consider myself as a review whore only if I would post here an individual topic, its content being "Hey, I am Supersonic Bitch here and pay attention to my pro-Slytherin, pro-Pureblood and very Malfoy-centric HP fanfiction, and oh, I forgot: grovel and worship my Malfoycest!!11fuckingeleven1!!!"

*my brain hurts*

• 1 month later...
This is, in my not so humble opinion, the point. However, if one likes receiving feedback, I absolutely do not consider him/her as a review whore. I am really happy every time someone feels like telling me what they thought about my stories but I'd consider myself as a review whore only if I would post here an individual topic, its content being "Hey, I am Supersonic Bitch here and pay attention to my pro-Slytherin, pro-Pureblood and very Malfoy-centric HP fanfiction, and oh, I forgot: grovel and worship my Malfoycest!!11fuckingeleven1!!!"

*my brain hurts*

I would tend to agree.

I doubt that most AFF authors are Review Whores as i would use the term. I know most aren't Concrit whores. All too many delete anything that doesn't attempt to beatify the author and jumpstart their advancement to authorship sainthood.

I don't need that. i care nothing about the polarity of the review. Good, bad, or someone off their meds free-versing on a story element of mine...it's all good.

Liking reviews is a normal human reaction. Enjoying them, needing them, using them to inspire further chapters, all this is, at worst, review-whores in a passive state.

To me, whoring requires positive action.

I am a review whore. I will do almost anything in an attempt to get reviews. I've begged. I've bribed. I've offered up to 100,000 naughty points per review. I've written stories for requests and only asked to get reviewed on the final product.

I haven't posted a 'please review my story' thread because i fear that the reviews would be posted in the thread, not on the story, and defeat the purpose of the thread. I fear this because any time i post a 'I wrote a story' thread on other forums, inviting comments, the miserable bastards comment on those forums, not on the story in the AFF archive.

I've been snarked on Gawd Awful Fan Fiction, and my first, fourth and fifteenth reactions to the information was wondering how to get the GAFF comments attached to the Bible Fanfic story itself.

I wouldn't know exactly if I'm a review whore but I do feel a little disappointed at the lack of reviewers. It doesn't take much time to simply put at the end of the chapter, that you enjoyed it. I love getting feedback about my writing.

I'll also admit that I do feel more motivated to write more when I get reviews too.

As for a "squee-ing fangirl" phobia, I have nothing against them. To be honest, it makes me giggle a little when I see those.

And flames, well, I don't know cause I haven't gotten any yet but personally I feel that anyone who feels the need to bash a story so bad that they make a writer feel terrible, shouldn't bother writing reviews at all and they should keep in mind the old saying "those who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

However, I do believe there is a nice way to tell an author that there writing needs work and I also think that they should be made aware of this - but don't be mean about it... Anyways, I am done for now

^^ Ta ta for now

I can definitely say I like reviews, but I won't say I'm a total review whore. Sure, reviews are awesome. They are even more awesome if they have some actual substance other than 'update soon', 'more please', or some crazy unintelligible nonsense that only make sense to the reviewer. It makes me more motivated to continue with a story when someone points out something that they like, or even offers some sort of crit. It's a great feeling.

What bugs me is when someone holds a story hostage for reviews. "I will not post the next chapter until I get [insert crazy number] here." In return, I'm less likely to sit and read the story.

• 3 weeks later...

I always ask for reviews by default. I'm as much a concrit whore as I am a review whore. If someone is taking the time to offer you advice on what to write next it means they at least cared enough about your writing to do that for you. So far I haven't gotten any flames so I can't say for sure how I'd react to them, although since I write non-con exclusively I suppose it's only a matter of time before some self-righteous prick goes on a grillout about how I'm a sick spawn of satan. Obviously though since he took the time to read my work on AFF we'd really all be in the same boat :shifty:

Bottom line is being a review whore stems from being an attention whore. If we didn't want people to notice our work we wouldn't have posted them online in the first place, so if I'm taking the time to update my fics I better be getting me some feedback.

• 9 months later...
I am also a review whore. It amazes me that a story with about 2650 hits has 6 reviews, it drives me nuts. My new story has about 170 hits and 0 reviews here, on FF.net though, it has 80 hits and 3 reviews. I dont get it.

Hm... it's a bit double-sided, to be honest. See, on AFF, you usually get detailed reviews, or so I've found. On FF, you get half-assed reviews that are just "I like it update soon."

AFF -> Quality

FF -> Quantity

But, really, even if I had gotten 0 reviews I'd still be writing my stories on here. I don't have high expectations, but whatever reviews I do get make me very happy. I am a review whore, but in every sense of the word review. Bad or good, I can take it. <3

I also love reviewing people's stories, and always a review worth a bunch of paragraphs. It's like my good deed of the day thing. :2tubs:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hmm... with review whore I think of authors who state in their AN: "I want X amount of reviews or I won't update."

It's the way to ensure I won't review, even if I liked the story. I dislike blackmailers like that much. And I normally review extensively if I like a story, so their loss. XD

But yes, I do love getting reviews. Sure, the longer ones with actual substance are the best. But even a "good chapter, update soon" at least lets you know it was liked.

I've not gotten flames on this site, but several on FFnet. *snnnrks* They always make me ROFL., because they're so stupid. As if I would care what an anon says about me online.

What really made me LOL though were two flames I got on FFnet, focusing on adult content that wasn't in the story there, so I knew they read it here and apparently were too stupid to find the press review button here. ^_^

What makes a good review? For me, what really helps are the reviews where people quote a sentence from my story and explain what they liked/disliked about that. Thus when you get: This "insert quote of story" made me laugh, cry, etc. It shows you if the emotions you placed in the story got across to the reader. I love it when someone takes the time to do this. XD

And I love the funny reviews, too. Where the readers basically scream at you for having done something or make humorous comments about things the characters have said. I once had someone finish a cliffhanger in a review in a fun way. I even quoted their idea in the AN in the next chapter, because I felt I had to share the lols around. XD

So, yes, definitely loving the reviews.

Not caring much about the ratings though, they're useless and I would be fine with them disappearing from the site altogether.

I'm trying to see if we can't eliminate the rates altogether, or make it so it's trackable, for the rate bombers. If we keep 'em, I'd prefer being able to track the ones who bomb a story because they dislike a pair or story premise, and just to be spiteful.

I'm trying to see if we can't eliminate the rates altogether, or make it so it's trackable, for the rate bombers. If we keep 'em, I'd prefer being able to track the ones who bomb a story because they dislike a pair or story premise, and just to be spiteful.

That actually happens? *snnnrks* How mature.

I'm only a review whore when it is certain stories of mine. Like my 'christmas love for inuyasha' and 'alone time' and the sequel to 'alone time' I got loads on FF.net but i dont mind not having that much on here :D

Edited by kagome2526

• 4 weeks later...