Click Here!

Gretuff You Do Drunk

Jaded_Star

Recently my life fell apart. As lives often do in this economy. Well during this time I did a lot of drinking. One drunken evening I apparently decided to back up everything important from the newer of my 2 computers onto flash drives. My newer computer is now dead, just a few months later. Now that life's getting back on track I thought I would do some writing, only to find the story I was working on had been lost! But wait... I had the feeling it was on a flash drive... thanks drunk me. It was in the wrong file format for my old computer, but that's fixed now. If I did lose something I can rewrite a little.

Ever find you've done something mundane and practical while drunk?

Also, had you been reading this story, it will be updated soon thanks to alcohol!

About ten years ago I did something like that. I'd been meaning to get my Mac and an old DOS machine hooked up with my Windows machine, which was attached to a cable modem. One evening I put away a six pack (over a few hours) and then suddenly got motivated to finish get started. It didn't take long to get everything in place and the cables, drivers and numbers right.

Sometimes a drink would help me write without so much instant editing, but I'm taking about only one or two drinks. I've never been much of a drinker, and now I may have a beer or some wine about once every two months.