Click Here!

Will Watson Leave Potter?

Guest echtrae

Guest echtrae

I figured that there might be a few people here who might find this rumor to be of interest.

Will Watson Leave Potter?

Is she in or out? Emma Watson, who has played Hermione Granger in the first five Harry Potter movies, may bow out of the sixth, according to a report on the DigitalSpy.co.uk Web site.

Watson has hinted that she may not take part in the final two Harry Potter movies. The 16-year-old is currently filming the fifth film in the series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but has admitted that the time involved may lead to her having to forgo the final parts.

The actress, who recently aced her early exams, will turn 20 before the seventh film is completed and may not make the commitment to see the franchise through, the site reported. (Watson's co-stars Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry, and Rupert Grint, who plays Ron, have indicated they're in for the long haul.)

"I don't know yet," she said. "Every film is so huge, and it's a long time. I love to perform, but there are many other things I love doing." Order of the Phoenix debuts next July.

Original Article

Guest echtrae

I can appreciate your sentiment about new Dumbledore. Unfortunately, we are stuck with the new one until he dies, or someone manages to necromanticly summons the original.

Guest Enchanted Faery

I read that article last week. Even though Emma Watson is known as Hermione Granger, I don't think it will take away from the movie, I mean they have Dan and Rupert signed up and I've heard rumors that Tom is also going to stay on until the 7th movie. I love Emma Watson she's one of my fav. HP characters but I can totally see why she wants to leave it.

I read that last week, too. It wouldn't be the same if the role was recast, but I can kind of understand, if she's not keen on persuing an acting career and wants to become a vet or business major or something. Still, I'd like to see all the cast finish out the series. And I agree with others, Richard Harris will forever, in my mind, be Dumbledore. He was perfect in that role.

I don't know why she would leave. There are only 2 movies left after Order, so it's not like she couldn't make a lot more money before she decides to do something else. She's young, she has plenty of time to reach other goals later. I'll really be disappointed if she leaves the cast, especially since everyone else has decided to stay on.

• 3 months later...

I think she'd stay on; she said the same thing before PoA and GoF AND OotP... she stayed on for them. I think she'll stay; if she doesn't then fine; but it would be stupid.

And I'm one of the rare people that loves Michael Gambons Dumbledore better than Richard Harris; I found R H too sugary for Dumbledore... Gambons Dumbledore makes me believe that someone like Voldemort can be afraid of him.

So yeah, I love Michael Gambons; he's perfect for how Dumbledore becomes in the sixth book.

I think she'd stay on; she said the same thing before PoA and GoF AND OotP... she stayed on for them.  I think she'll stay; if she doesn't then fine; but it would be stupid.

And I'm one of the rare people that loves Michael Gambons Dumbledore better than Richard Harris; I found R H too sugary for Dumbledore... Gambons Dumbledore makes me believe that someone like Voldemort can be afraid of him.

So yeah, I love Michael Gambons; he's perfect for how Dumbledore becomes in the sixth book.

I also like Gambon's Dumbledore. I guess I'm one of the rare people too.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.