Click Here!

AFF 2011 Calendar Contest

We are bringing back the AFF store in grand fashion - AFF once again is sponsoring a 2011 Art Contest to create both a wall calendar and new items for our CafePress store!!!

So, we need you, the artists out there to help!

To avoid an extremely large post here in the forums we have created a page on the main site listing all the guidelines for your submissions. Page located here.

This topic is left open for any questions, please do not post submissions or any identifying information regarding your submissions here.

Thanks! Happy Creating!

Cafe Press template - temp_11.5x9_print.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Y'see, this is where having to be automatically disqualified from entering because I'm staff is bothersome to me, in that I can't participate. I don't write, but I'm an artist. Having said that though, the staff exclusion is FAIR and I'm the one who insisted on it.

I digress. If I were able to do this, the thing which would attract me, is having my original work acknowledged, and seen.

Anything at all! The last calendar we had used artwork that DG had done, and was all animal/landscape stuff.

So far the photograph I have is non-adult related while the artwork I've gotten is adult themed.

Since the users are going to be voting as to what goes in it, send me anything you'd like and if the users like it and would want to see it on the calendar, then it's in!

Please just keep with in the guidelines posted if going with adult themed material - no nibbly bits :D

Oh, and since you mentioned firemen, if you are submitting photo's of ppl, please make sure that you have permission for their face to be plastered all over a calendar being sold by an adult fiction website! :bounce:

LOL Thanks HelenBensen, I was going to ask the same thing.

It's too bad I haven't had the internet for awhile(I just moved) because when I got it back I checked my email just in time to see there's only a few days left! Rats... Well maybe I'll be able to produce something in the time left anyway...

I do have a question, besides my pointless ramblings above. Do the submissions have to be made for this contest alone? I mean, I have a picture I drew last month for a Halloween/Autumn contest in a small casual art group. Could I submit that, or something else I've already drawn, if I take off my signature? Or should I start another pic?

Oh and about the image size. The guidelines say 11x8.5 with a border(I think) Is that in inches, and do we get to put on the border or do you do that?

I do have a question, besides my pointless ramblings above. Do the submissions have to be made for this contest alone? I mean, I have a picture I drew last month for a Halloween/Autumn contest in a small casual art group. Could I submit that, or something else I've already drawn, if I take off my signature? Or should I start another pic?

You are welcome to submit something that you've already drawn, however this is something that we will be using on the calender and possibly other merchandise in the store if the image is used. We do ask that if you'd like to have your signature on the piece (we understand wanting credit) that you submit 2 copies then. One for use in the poll and one for calendar use.

Oh and about the image size. The guidelines say 11x8.5 with a border(I think) Is that in inches, and do we get to put on the border or do you do that?

The 11x8.5 means a half inch white boarder around. So basically it's if you want white space around the picture you submit, then do the 11x8.5. If you want it to run to the edges of the paper then go with the 11.5x9.

Let me know if any other questions...

Hi :) I submitted the adult-themed image, and I had just assumed that since it was for aff, it should be adult-themed XD Kind of embarrassing! Would it be better if instead I submitted a non-adult-themed image? If I have one, that is... most of the art I do is fanart, and what's not fanart is usually adult in nature :/