Click Here!

Can't force Inspiration

Laevi

So I got this complaint:

Not to be too cranky, but it would be really awesome if you'd finish a story before losing interest and flitting off to a new one. Seems to be a trend (I *had* several of your stories as faves) and I guess I'll quit checking in. It's very sad and frustrating to get sucked into an interesting and well-written fiction, only to have it abandoned...with no resolution...are we really all this ADHD? You were updating this story practically daily, which was awesome, and had just gotten to a pivotal part, coming to the future. I was really psyched & now it's been over a month since it was updated & you're going great guns on a brand new story. Did you run out of plot? Lose inspiration? Get bored? You could at least write a crappy "and they lived happily ever after in any time they desired" to give the story closure.

Your disappointed reader,

[name removed]

Let me reply.

I don't have ADHD. I love my stories; each and every one of them. I love to update every day. I even write at work! But sometimes the flood of inspiration dries out, and I'm done for a while. I take a break. And I begin another story.

I'm sorry to disappoint readers. But isn't that what this site is for? Updating chapters, rather than posting a complete story in one go?

I can't force my inspiration. How can anyone expect that from me? Am i really the only one to pause for a while?

hun, dont i ever know how you feel! i love to write, but im a married woman, i got wife like duties to fulfil. cooking, cleaning, running errands, that i there are much more other things to do, then just sit on your ass all day on a computer and write. people need to realize that we writers also have family, friends, and lives to go on with.

All I can say about it, is if they really like the work, they'll wait for updates. Thing is, people have to understand that you have real life obligations to take care of as well. Not only that, on the inspiration end? If it's not there, you can't force it. You have to wait for it, as much as your readers do.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.