Click Here!

Character name rant

Solaris

I'm actually working out a story plot to my next original story set on another planet and it is somewhat based on the idea of She-Ra, minus the woman herself. It is the names of the characters that is giving me bloody fucking fits!

I have five males, two are not named yet, searching for names for them. I have 7 females of which two are not named and one of them is the leading lady of the whole story. I know I could use my handle of Solaris for one of the two characters but I do not wish to use it for the leading lady.

Can anyone suggest good names for the characters who do not have a name?

Thanks,

Solaris

In my latest story effort, i've got some actors/actresses in mind for the characters.

I took the first and last syllable of their names and made the characters.

So the one that looks like Joyce DeWitt in my head is Joyitt, Renee Tenison is Renson and so on.

Of course, this gave me a maid servant with the incredibly lady-like name of 'Patton,' but there you go.

You can always just flip through a phone book, pick names at random and use the first syllable of each as half of a name.

There are several different name generators online. Why not try one of those? Just type in the kind of name you want (like Japanese, Elven, Vampire, etc.) generator and you'll find dozens. They are invaluable.

Thanks I forgot about the name generators.

Now, I can work in my original story and work on giving offsprings to Sesshoumaru and my character's names.

Beth

• 5 months later...

There's also the plethora of baby name websites. That's usually what I hit up when I'm looking for a character name. They're especially helpful if you're bit on name symbolism like I am. You can look up the different meanings of names from every continent and time period with just a google search.