Click Here!

New NE Archives

EveKnight75

I've finally visited the Non-English archives after the renovation (took me long enough). I have to say that I'm very pleased at the new format.

I realize that the majority write in English, but that's not to say that the people who read and write fics in other languages are so few in number that they deserve to be lumped together in one category. I like the fact that each language is subdivided into the main archives.

Unfortunately, the fics are unevenly divided at this point. There's just way too many HP fics at this point. I'm thinking of posting the Spanish version of one of my fics. I'm still working on the French version. My French is weaker than my Spanish, but hopefully I'll improve. I've just managed to gain a volunteer position at my campus which would require me to communicate in French and Spanish as well as English. Apparently I did a good job at the interview, despite the fact that I lack confidence in my own language skills.

I know no one's likely to respond to this, but I might as well boost my points with a relevant topic.

Guest DarkAvenger

I'm glad you like the new set up of the NE archives.

I was slowly being driven insane by the fact that they were all lumped together like that. If I were someone trying to read a fic there, I'd be majorly upset by that fact. Thus, I fixed it. happy.gif

Now I'm on the hunt for non-english fics in all portions of the site to move over to that archive. I've only managed to get through anime and anime2, but that's some progress at least!

I'm actually glad that someone started a topic about the NE category. I think that since it's a fairly small one, a lot of people are a bit shy to wander around there in fear of being seen and recognized. tongue.gif

I'm having the worst jitters ever over whether or not to post the one Non-English story I've managed to cough up. Due to the fact that I prefer English, the writing itself was very difficult, and the language is an extremely rare one so I'm wondering if anyone would ever read it...

Btw, there are plenty of Non English stories lurking about in the Books category.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.