Click Here!

My AFF account has poofed.

Lepidottero

I never got a notification saying why, so I don't know the specific reason why it was deleted.

This is more of a grumbling than a complaint... 500 reviews down the potty hole. N'yeah, for me, that was a good amount.

I mainly wanted to ask: If an account is deleted, what are, specifically, the main reasons?

And I'm currently calculating the chances that this account will be deleted just for making this post. Ya'know, once banned, don't come back and all that.

But without a notification I don't have information on why it was deleted, so for all I know it could have been a mistake.

If someone could answer that question... I'd be very grateful.

Here is your archive account.

Unless you're referencing an account other than this one. If so, then I need to know what that pen name was, so I can tell you why it would have been deleted. The most COMMON reason for deleting an account is for creating the account before your 18th birthday.

Here is your archive account.

Unless you're referencing an account other than this one. If so, then I need to know what that pen name was, so I can tell you why it would have been deleted. The most COMMON reason for deleting an account is for creating the account before your 18th birthday.

Whee, and with this, it has been explained.

...I am eighteen now, for the record.

Should'a just kept pretending I was 25. I went and set my birthday to the real date a few months after I turned eighteen. Yeah, I'm a nasty liar. What a dumb thing for me to do, though. Obviously if the account was four years old and I'd only been eighteen for a few months people would know something was up.

Anyway, thanks, thought that was it, but wanted to be sure. If you'll let me stick around now that I am eighteen, I appreciate it. But if I get kicked out for being a big bad liar in the past... well, I understand that too. Was fun while it lasted.

What I do, provided the underager doesn't keep coming back before they turn 18, is that you're welcome back on your 18th birthday.

Most of the time, people abide by that. It's really very few who consistently keep coming back before, even though they KNOW it's specifically against the site rules. There is a very good reason for the age requirement, as I'm sure you know.

What I do, provided the underager doesn't keep coming back before they turn 18, is that you're welcome back on your 18th birthday.

Most of the time, people abide by that. It's really very few who consistently keep coming back before, even though they KNOW it's specifically against the site rules. There is a very good reason for the age requirement, as I'm sure you know.

Yep, I can understand it. With the content on AFF, I assume that if the administrators had any way of knowing that a member's age was under eighteen, you could get in trouble politically if their account and presence on the site isn't removed to your best ability? I don't know much about running a website on legal terms, but I always assumed it was more of a 'We can't allow kids here because it's against the law and it'd be on our ass if anyone found out' more than 'you're under eighteen, you go to jail!'

During my time as an underage member, I'd treated it as sort of a don't ask, don't tell sort of deal. Guess I was just so excited to finally be legit, I forgot to consider the lie I was leading before. xD

Anyway, thanks again for the information on that, and glad I can stick around.