Click Here!

Need A Beta-Reader? Here I am!

RurouniJasmine

Hey there! :D

Name: Jasmine

Credentials: BA in English, in progress (I'm a senior! Finally!); 5 years experience being a beta reader; previously a moderator for FOSFF

Services: I check for spelling, grammar, tense usage, readability, and plot. If you ask for me to check if the characters are in character, I do that too. It's also really easy to bounce ideas off me.

Miscellaneous: I usually beta anime fanfictions as it's what I'm used to doing, however, if you need me to beta one of your stories that are non-anime I can do that too. I tend to adapt to whatever genre I'm reading. I beta for all story genres/categories. So if it's M/M, F/F, MPreg, or any of the various "warnings" I will read them. I don't judge. ^^ I do shy away from scat play, though. I just can't stomach it. I'm sorry!

If you'd like me to beta, you can reply here or send me a PM. ^_^ I'll be sure to answer within a timely fashion.

Edited by RurouniJasmine

I think your credentials are really impressive, and I would like for you to look over a story of mine. I'm hoping I will finish it eventually. It's 37 pages so far, and I'm sure there are giant glaring mistakes that you should be able to see. I did a lot of character planning, and I think you may be able to tell me if the characters are consistent to what I planned for them since all the characters based off of personality models. It's an original m/m fiction so all you have to read is 100 answers of the main character's background and appearance. I posted this request to another author, mainly because they seemed to specialize in slash. Also because I posted the request about an hour before you posted back and I have no idea how to delete a post. If you helped me insert more cliff hangers it would be great. I managed one in six chapters, maybe two at the most. So, will you be my beta? I think you may possibly like the basis in my story since it's steam punk, meets parkour, meets high society.

Edited by paputsza

Hello there!

:hiya: Oooh, this is my first request to beta an original! I would be happy to be your beta. If you wish, you can send your story in increments and I edit them by chapter, or you can send me the whole thing and I edit it all at once. If you choose the latter, please allow me a day or two to read through the whole thing once and then a second time to make any changes. We can set up IM meeting times, if you wish, so that we can discuss any changes and make sure I made corrections that are still cohesive to your story. Just shoot me a PM, and we can get started. =)

- Jasmine

I would love to have you as a beta reader, if you are still open.

I'm doing an InuYasha fic. OFC/Sesshomaru fic, though this pairing is not really matched up till later on in the story.

The story title is The day love found me.

There won't be any sex for several chapters, about ten to fifteen chapters or even longer.

I have seven chapters ready to be beta read.

I have problems with grammar, sentence structure and I tend to be wordy at times.

I'm trying my best to make this story the best I can do.

I can send the fic to you by RTF by e-mail either in chapter format or the entire story.

Right now, the story is rated PG13, but the overall rating is NC-18.

I have an original female character who will grow up alongside Sesshomaru and later they end up getting together. Yes, there will be at least two fights that they will do against each other, one when he's a young pup and when he's older.

If you can help me with being my beta reader, I would like that very much.

I can be contacted either by replying to this message or by e-mail at breyerloverz @ yahoo.com or by AIM ladyducaine. For AIM, please state you are from Adultfanfiction.net as I may end up ignoring your IM.

Thank you.

Beth AKA Solaris

• 4 months later...

If you are still open, I have a few fics I wouldn't mind help with.... So far in the Star Wars and Original settings.

I would dearly love the help.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I'm currently writing a short Harry Potter FF with Lucius/Ron (nothing graphic, actually quite the opposite ;) ). Unfortunatly English isn't my mother tongue and I do know that there are some mistakes, so if you still have some time I'd be happy if you could beta that story for me. (Also, I believe that there are some plot holes, but I can't seem to find them u.u)

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm looking for a beta for two versions of the same 18+ story. It's Hetalia, AU, where America and Canada are a pair of serial killer brothers. Like I said, there and two versions. There's the "clean" version which will be posted on Fanfiction.net, and then there's the "true" version that will be posted on here. The "true" version is hard-core snuff, so I'm worried I wont find someone who's comfortable to work on this project.

The "true" version will have violent and highly detailed murder, torture, detailed necrophilia, and shota, amongst other things. Quite a few sex scenes, yaoi, straight, and a three-some. Drug use, blood play, rape, all of that good stuff. Just keep guro in mind.

The "clean" version will be the same story, but toned down by a lot. All of the sex is cut, some of the detail on the murders is dropped, a lot of the torture doesn't happen or is to a lesser extent, ect.

This will also include Germany (small part), England (fairly important), and Russia (very important, has a lot of scenes). Germany owns a sex shop that deals in underground illegal stuff. America and Canada sell their killing videos to him for a good amount to help them stay fed. England is a filthy-rich heir with a dance club and a nasty drug habit. Russia comes into the mix as an addition to their 'killer' crew (oh god how cheesy) and becomes a kind of rival to America for Canada's attentions.

I would love to have someone who sounds as reliable as you help me with this endeavor, so please consider.

Thank you,

Tamagoakura

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.